The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Well you could always do it the other way........ you know, get married, have a kid, get divorced, struggle on your own for a couple of years, get married again, have another kid, get divorced, struggle on your own for a few more years, meet a 'nice' guy, live with him for a while, have another kid, get beaten to a pulp a few times, come to your senses and get rid of him, avoid men like the plague for fifteen years while you struggle to bring up three kids on your own............

Sound like a good idea?

Trust me, if you want children the best way is to wait for the right guy, settle down with him and have your family whilst still keeping your own identity and career. Being a mum doesn't stop you being yourself, it just adds another dimension to your life and enriches it. Marriage doesn't have to 'tie you down', that's a very old-fashioned way of thinking. Life should be an adventure, and having a partner to share it with more than doubles the enjoyment of it.

So I'm told
    Of course, I did leave out the last part - hook up with the love of your life that you could have had fifteen years earlier had you not been so screwed up and damaged that you couldn't see the wood for the trees, get engaged and finally find out what true love is all about, only to have him get killed by a drunk driver seven months later.

Ooooh! Did that sound a bit harsh? Sorry Had a really bad night, awake until 5am then had one of those crazy dreams that play, rewind and replay several times So I'm feeling like a grumpy wet dishrag this morning

*hugs Amanda* You shouldn't be writing off the chance of happy-ever-after at such a young age. Life is what you make it

Some of us just make a bigger mess of it than others
    *huggles Jumble* I'm sorry. That was rude of me and I probably shouldn't have mentioned it. *huggles you some more* (((((((Jumble)))))

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Yay! You see, told you it woodn't be so bad . It's always better when you have to talk about someone else! Are you feeling a bit better about Friday though? Now that you've been introduced to the class/teacher etc...?

WW
    Spoiler:
    *SQUEEEEEEES* So glad you're enjoying it! That episode is lovely, a favourite of mine as well! You need to get down the dvd shop and get yourself the box set . I wish I was closer, I'd send you mine to watch . But I hear it's cheap on Amazon...

My mum (in one of her more loving moments) told me that her labour with me took about an hour, the shortest of her three kids. She's a nurse (I know, go figure ) and said that length of labour can often be hereditary so mine might not be too bad. Is that just wishful thinking, have you heard anything like that?

On that subject though, I used to say I wood never have kids. Ever since Dave and I began to get a bit more serious, moving in together etc... I've been slowly changing my mind and now I'm much more open to the idea. I think maybe two, although I'm pretty sure my mind will change one way or the other after I've had one!!

(((((((Squishy huggles Jumble)))))))

I agree with Nad, life certainly does owe you some
    I'm terrified still of Friday. I have to talk about myself and I find 3 things to show to the class, one that represents my past, present and future. I'm going to bring my grandmothers necklace in for my past (which I've worn nearly everyday for the past 4 years) it has a pendent on it and in it has gold dust in it, she wore it every day for as long as I could remember and it means more to me then any pearl necklace every could But I'm stuck on the others... And I hate talking about myself.

WW
    Spoiler:
    Oh I just checked Amazon and they have some of the seasons for $20.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Sucky day so far...exams sucked...and just got my mark back from the website. LOTS of critisism and she even called it "amateuristic" Plus my mark is the same as part of my group(the girls). The boys did get a bit of a lower mark but only 0.4 point ...plus it's IMHO a bad mark overall(really affecting my overall grade and I'm sure it's going down a LOT)
    I did pass but barely...all that work and still same grade...
    *huggles*

Thanks Cags*hugs*

The three of you(and my friend) really cheered me up...and made sure that it is good and I learned from it which is probably the most important thing (I'm on school to learn right?) Perhaps it is also so because I almost got "used" to the high grades(which I got fairly easy) and I just needed this kick in the bum to set me straight again.

On a rofl note...
    Phone just rang and it was for my brother(Tim; 24) ...it was about if he wanted a funeral insurance now he's 24 FCOL...I certainly want him to go along another 50 years...
    And second thing...have to go to doc for my foot again and was afraid I had to go on the bike, but saw dad's car at home....so called him and said "dad can I borrow your car, I won't break it and I know you took your keys with you but I know where you hid the spare ones ...so PLEASE...I don't wanna go on the bike...it's coooooold..." And it so worked *loves being daddies(sp?) little girl and abusing that status* P
    Me too!

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    ...Or, you could find the perfect guy, who values your individuality and encourages your independence, marry said guy and then never get pregnant. Ever. And go through years and years of waiting and heartbreak and tens of thousands of dollars for each child you bring into your home. And then, you'll be wishing you could go through the pain and misery of child birth, because it surely has to be easier than dealing with a corrupt adoption system and bankrupting yourself to be a mother.

...er...

Yes, I'm a tad bitter today. Sorry.
    *huggles* (((((((LJ))))))

*hugs*

and erm...what Jumble said...

Me iz sucky with words

You know all this child/birthing/thinking about it...makes me feel SO young Makes me realize how much I still have in front of me *swallows* Uh oh.
    Let's start with a lovely guy...which in my case will be already an issue since I have to stop with my "love for dumping guys"(as my dad calls it) although all those "samples" did help me realize better and better what I look for in a guy

*huggles again and finds quiet corner to work on her report*

and now I'm curious who will believe that
    (((Jann))))

At least you've had guys ....I'm going to be 19 in a few years and haven't even been kissed, let alone on a date. Which makes you think that there's something freakishly wrong with you. The makes you look in the mirror and see every single flaw and realize oh that's why guys don't like you. And then once you realize it's your appearance then you wonder if maybe it's your personality, maybe your just the type of girl that no guy could ever fall for. Meanwhile you have your mother going 'why can't you have your hair like your cousin' and 'I bet so and so doesn't do that' which in turn makes you hate every little thing about yourself because your friends are tall and blonde and beautiful have guys falling at their feet. And then of course you know your parents think it's weird that a guy hasn't ever liked you either.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Ugh, no, I had a vile day full of financial and administrative rubbish, but in the grand scheme of things it's nothing My wrist's worse again though (think I've pushed it a bit too hard and not let it recover properly ) so no PSing for me tonight and I should cut down on the typing too

*hugs*
    *huggles you*

On the bright side, it's national hugging day today so...

((((((((((((((Woohoos))))))))))))))))

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      I'm sure the others would love to have you there too. And as for getting here - just let us know what airports you can get to and we'll sort out the rest I'm sure
      What works out for you gals....and erm... it did get awefully quiet all of a sudden

Back to Martin...

sigpic

Comment

:d

Comment

Anyone else having problems with PB? I just tried to post my RDA/Martin Continuum pics and it came up with 'link has been moved or deleted' but I haven't touched my PTB album or moved any of my older folders and I got the link right from my PB...weirdness...

Comment

Sorry for the OT. Here's a box for it

Spoiler:
            I've been going to an anxiety educational course, and it's a bit like group therapy except you're learning about what anxiety is as well as sharing. Well, this was the third week today, and whilst I was there, this man standing next to me (whom I can't give details and wouldn't) suddenly collpased, having some kind of seizure.

After the initial, helping him, pulling stuff out the way, getting the paramedics/first aiders, I was just in shock. My brother told me I was being a bit selfish for that, but others have said it's normal to be shook up. Either way, I'm still pretty upset and concerned for this guy. Last I knew, he was being rushed to hospital. I won't know anything else until next Thursday.

Sorry for the OT, I just needed to share it somewhere.

*huggles Jumble*

*huggles Jann*

*huggles Amanda* Sweetie, I'm 26, and still single. No worries for you yet.

...I need to go back a few pages in case more people needed hugs.
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
              At least you've had guys ....I'm going to be 19 in a few years and haven't even been kissed, let alone on a date. Which makes you think that there's something freakishly wrong with you. The makes you look in the mirror and see every single flaw and realize oh that's why guys don't like you. And then once you realize it's your appearance then you wonder if maybe it's your personality, maybe your just the type of girl that no guy could ever fall for. Meanwhile you have your mother going 'why can't you have your hair like your cousin' and 'I bet so and so doesn't do that' which in turn makes you hate every little thing about yourself because your friends are tall and blonde and beautiful have guys falling at their feet. And then of course you know your parents think it's weird that a guy hasn't ever liked you either.
              Amanda, I'm only going to say this to you once, so pay attention. These things do not have schedules. It happens for different people at different times and it has nothing to do with how attractive you are or otherwise! Sure it seems easy for some people, and when you're one of the people for whom that's not the case it can feel like you're somehow a failure (and I know what I'm talking about - I felt much like you do when I was your age). But there's so much more to life than guys, so enjoy it and be happy. And happy people are beautiful and tend to be healthier and more successful too. The guys will come, and to be honest, that won't always be a blessing Having a boyfriend doesn't make you happy if he's not the right guy. Something I wish that I'd realised a lot sooner in at least one relationship And one day the right one will come along, but he's not on a timetable - I'm still waiting for mine and I'm a lot older than you, but I refuse to fixate on his lack of existence yet because there's so much else in my life that is wonderful.

Edit: (((((Wendy)))))
              Spoiler:
              How frightening! It's entirely understandable that you were shocked like that - I've been on First Aid courses and they always stress how you cannot predict how you will react in that kind of situation until you find yourself in it. You hope that you will remember what to do and be the super calm and efficient hero, but until you're there you don't know, and there's no shame in not being able to deal with it.
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*hugs Suz again* Good to hear it is getting better! And *waves* to the boys
                Glad to hear Suz is feeling better too . And hi to the boys!

if the others want me there too <-- see I'm shy! plus if they wood say yes I need to know what airport, times etc etc plus perhaps mentioning it to my parents
                She's weakening !! Yes you should definitely come! Where would you fly from? You could always fly straight to Leeds airport if it's possible. Although probably easier to fly into London . I'm just jealous everyone else gets to meet you earlier!

On the shipmeet...Does anyone have a blow up airbed? I have one spare room with a double bed and one big sofa but I'm thinking we're gonna run out of room with all these people! Not the end of the world if not cause I can just go down to the camping shop. Just thought I'd ask around first !

I'm terrified still of Friday. I have to talk about myself and I find 3 things to show to the class, one that represents my past, present and future. I'm going to bring my grandmothers necklace in for my past (which I've worn nearly everyday for the past 4 years) it has a pendent on it and in it has gold dust in it, she wore it every day for as long as I could remember and it means more to me then any pearl necklace every could But I'm stuck on the others... And I hate talking about myself.
                Wow, that sounds really interesting! Even if you are terrified, what a great thing to share with everyone .

*hugs* and good luck for it hun.

WW
                Spoiler:
                Oh I just checked Amazon and they have some of the seasons for $20.
                Ooooh! Do it !!

You know I truly suck at advice so I'll let one of the others step up. But suffice to say, everyone is beautiful. We all have flaws and all feel disgusted with ourselves. We all lack self-confidence and have doubt in our own abilities. We put ourselves down more often than we should. We are our biggest critics. But no one, and I mean no one views you that way. More importantly, no one has the RIGHT to view you that way or make you feel about yourself like that. You're so-called gorgeous blonde friends might look at you and think about you exactly the same way as you do about them! I'm pretty sure they are looking in the mirror every night and thinking what you are too. 'Beauty' is something that the world we live in today has perverted and constructed into something artificial and to strive for. I wonder if you've ever seen this Dove Evolution, if you can't see it in the US type the name into Youtube, I'm sure it'll come up with an American version. It's one of the most incredible videos I've ever seen and it really makes you think about our modern perceptions of 'beauty'.

I'd also like to point out that one of my best friends was 21 when she first slept with someone. She's stunning, has an amazing figure and was feeling much the same way as you. Once she did it she immediately regretted it, telling us that she only did it because she felt she 'had' to. Pressurised into it by a world which is obsessed with sex and being a virgin is something to be ashamed of. So, don't let society get you down and don't let anyone tell you you are anything less than stunning.

EDIT: See, Josi said it better

Isn't every day national hugging day around here ???

*squishy huggles Woohoos*

EDIT: Wendy that's awful, you aren't selfish for feeling a little shaken about it. Hope he's ok, and *hugs* for you

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                  She's weakening !! Yes you should definitely come! Where would you fly from? You could always fly straight to Leeds airport if it's possible. Although probably easier to fly into London . I'm just jealous everyone else gets to meet you earlier!

On the shipmeet...Does anyone have a blow up airbed? I have one spare room with a double bed and one big sofa but I'm thinking we're gonna run out of room with all these people! Not the end of the world if not cause I can just go down to the camping shop. Just thought I'd ask around first !
                  I do have a squashy fold-out chairbed thing, but I doubt there'll be room in the car, particularly not if I'm bringing Jann too, as well as all our stuff

You know I truly suck at advice so I'll let one of the others step up. But suffice to say, everyone is beautiful. We all have flaws and all feel disgusted with ourselves. We all lack self-confidence and have doubt in our own abilities. We put ourselves down more often than we should. We are our biggest critics. But no one, and I mean no one views you that way. More importantly, no one has the RIGHT to view you that way or make you feel about yourself like that. You're so-called gorgeous blonde friends might look at you and think about you exactly the same way as you do about them! I'm pretty sure they are looking in the mirror every night and thinking what you are too. 'Beauty' is something that the world we live in today has perverted and constructed into something artificial and to strive for. I wonder if you've ever seen this Dove Evolution, if you can't see it in the US type the name into Youtube, I'm sure it'll come up with an American version. It's one of the most incredible videos I've ever seen and it really makes you think about our modern perceptions of 'beauty'.

I'd also like to point out that one of my best friends was 21 when she first slept with someone. She's stunning, has an amazing figure and was feeling much the same way as you. Once she did it she immediately regretted it, telling us that she only did it because she felt she 'had' to. Pressurised into it by a world which is obsessed with sex and being a virgin is something to be ashamed of. So, don't let society get you down and don't let anyone tell you you are anything less than stunning.

EDIT: See, Josi said it better
                  Nope. Just differently Your advice was awesome too, and I totally second it!

Isn't every day national hugging day around here ???

*squishy huggles Woohoos*
                  Yep *squishy huggles everyone too*
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks guys. *huggles*

*extra huggles with it being national hugging day, apparently*

Sarai, you give excellent advice.
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*huggles Jumble* I'm sorry. That was rude of me and I probably shouldn't have mentioned it. *huggles you some more* (((((((Jumble)))))
                      It wasn't rude of you at all, you've every right to say what you feel Maybe I shouldn't have jumped so hard, but like I said, bad night

*huggles you*

Ok, I'm going stick my neck out and tell you why I think you don't appear to attract the boys...................

Spoiler:
                      There is nothing wrong with you. From everything I know about you from here and in pm's, I think you're very insecure and have no sense of self worth. In other words, you don't like yourself very much

So the signals you're giving off are very negative, probably saying 'Don't bother with me, I'm not worth your attention, I'm no good at anything, I'm useless'. Now if you were getting those signals from a guy, wood you think to yourself 'Wow! He's really something! I'd love to go out with him!', or wood you be thinking 'Well, if he thinks so little of himself, there's obviously no point in my getting to know him. He's not the least bit attractive' ? And it's very unfair of you to assume that no guy has ever liked you! They may even think that you're so wrapped up in disliking yourself that you woodn't have room for them anyway

You have to learn to love yourself before anyone else will think you worth their love and respect

I know this because I used to be very shy and insecure, and I can't tell you how many hours I spent in front of a mirror picking fault with everything I saw (and was in fact encouraged to do just that by my beloved mother ) But I gradually came to realise that what I saw in the mirror wasn't 'me', it was just my outer shell. And once I'd escaped from the influence that had caused me to think so little of myself, I gradually learned how to be happy with myself and was really surprised to find that I was suddenly very popular with the guys. I've never been 'pretty' or 'beautiful' in the generally accepted perception of those words, but I do have (apparently) an attractive personality. Inner happiness and confidence shines out and is a very attractive feature I'm also an outrageous a bit of a flirt, which is something I developed to cover up my shyness

Now I'm not suggesting that you've been ill-treated at home or anything, that's just how it happened to me. Lots of people feel as you do despite having a perfectly normal, loving family around them. It's a part of growing up, and some people get over it quicker than others. We're all different.

I'm also not suggesting you turn yourself into a vamp overnight, because that might just get you the wrong sort of attention

So basically, what I'm saying is that you're still very young, you're not fully developed, character and confidence wise, and you need to give yourself time. Concentrate on your good points (you do have them, no matter what you might think I woodn't like you if you didn't), and try to always look on the bright side (glass half full) of every situation, even if the only bright side is that it didn't rain today, that's still positive thinking

*huggles Amanda* Gosh, you really did catch me in a speak my mind mood today

Comment

Anyone else having problems with PB? I just tried to post my RDA/Martin Continuum pics and it came up with 'link has been moved or deleted' but I haven't touched my PTB album or moved any of my older folders and I got the link right from my PB...weirdness...
                        Same thing happened to me earlier, I just recopied the link and then it worked *shrugs*
                        Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

Spoiler:
                        I've been going to an anxiety educational course, and it's a bit like group therapy except you're learning about what anxiety is as well as sharing. Well, this was the third week today, and whilst I was there, this man standing next to me (whom I can't give details and wouldn't) suddenly collpased, having some kind of seizure.

After the initial, helping him, pulling stuff out the way, getting the paramedics/first aiders, I was just in shock. My brother told me I was being a bit selfish for that, but others have said it's normal to be shook up. Either way, I'm still pretty upset and concerned for this guy. Last I knew, he was being rushed to hospital. I won't know anything else until next Thursday.

*huggles Jumble*

*huggles Jann*

Oh Wendy *huggles* You did what was needed to help him and then had your own reaction afterwards - that's exactly how it should be! What a heartless person you wood be if you weren't shaken up by this event

Aaaaaaaand Josiane and Sarai said it all much better and with fewer words

Comment

I did that last year too I totally forgot about it and had to improvise. I improvised by just grabbing my laptop and talking about that. (pictures on it that mean a lot to me, email in which I contact friends that I can't see very often again, perhaps even your beloved series ) ...future; think about what do you have as goals? I remember something about you loving space? Perhaps bring a little plane or magazine that has to do with space and go from there to telling you want in the future a job that has something to do with space

Just a thought.

(((Jann))))

*huuuuuuuugs* It isn't that. You have a great personality and you look fine At the right time the man of your dreams will come along, although he will probably not be on that white horse .
                          As for your mom, don't listen to her saying that to you. It only makes you feel bad. I know it...my brothers call me "fat" since I was 13 years old and I am also "fatter" than my friends, which left a bad feeling about my body left in me...I can never see myself as thin or whatever...I often skip dinners when I feel that I ate too much on that day already only in the fear I will get fat like my family tells me. My mom is a beautician(sp?) and complained for YEARS about my skincare and that I'm not like her adoring make-up and all the bathroom stuff. If I have one zip it will be taken under a loop and mom tell me I have to cover it up and all kinds of stuff about it...which makes me want to take it away...sometimes scratch on it and leave scars
                          So in short; just ignore those sayings and perhaps reflect them Believe in yourself and enjoy life, because it only lasts a moment and before you know it you're 10 years further...
                          Also since I hang out a lot with men go figure...don't know why...anyway...from what I hear the most of them appreciate a dark hair, lovely girl more than a blonde, with big boobs beauty queen sort of thing.

*hugs again*

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

Spoiler:

*huggles Jumble*

*huggles Jann*

Thanks for the hugs Wendy and can I give some back to you, because that sounds horrible *hugs*

Sarai...I thought I quoted you...but apparently not... I'll look into it ok...and erm...talk about it with da folks. So far I can find a ticket from 130 euros if I come from Amsterdam...and from Dusseldorf(which is just as far away for me) is 60 euros Hmmmm...appealing...
                          Still if I go Nad goes (as my translator)
                          sigpic

Comment

Yay, glad you're thinking about it Jann!! Keep us posted.

No worries on the chairbed Jos, I'll pop out and buy an airbed at some point. Might have to be one big double one though. I'm sure you ladies won't mind

EDIT: Really sleep, think I'll curl up in bed with some West Wing. Have a fun evening everyone *huggles Woohoos*

Comment

Same thing happened to me earlier, I just recopied the link and then it worked *shrugs*
                              Oh Wendy *huggles* You did what was needed to help him and then had your own reaction afterwards - that's exactly how it should be! What a heartless person you wood be if you weren't shaken up by this event

Aaaaaaaand Josiane and Sarai said it all much better and with fewer words

There's a reason why I don't work in medicine. I'm far too sensitive.

And are you guys talking about the meet up, because I'm still in, you know.
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*runs into the thread... nekkid*

Wow you guys are just STEAMING along with the posts, aren't you? My goodness, it's taken me ages to catch up! Damn RL for getting in the way of my on-line time *grr*

Anywho, it's fantastic to catch up with you all, and here's hoping that I can be here a bit more *sigh*

I've been trying to get my head around the fact that I'm starting Uni in 5 weeks. I haven't been in any formal education for so long I can't remember what it's like, so I'm pretty nervous. At least the Mr is fully behind me (we'll see how long that lasts for) and even though things are going swimmingly at the moment, I can see a time where it's gonna get really hard! I've just gotta keep telling myself that it'll all turn out great and the hard bits will all be worth it in the end.

((hugs)) to all!!

*runs out of thread... nekkid*

Comment

Working...
                                X