The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Isn't it? There's one studio photo included, but I get to choose which one, and I'll definitely be sharing
    Awesome

Christmas Eve dinner? What are you making that will leave you room for tomorrow's turkey?
    We always have three meats over Christmas, this year it's Beef on Christmas Eve, Turkey on Christmas Day and Rolled Belly Pork Boxing Day ! Slightly extravagant but with a butcher as good as ours one does tend to go slightly overboard .

Hmmm........ I've only got wine, but I bet I can get sloshed faster than you
    Probably but I'll be doing some catching up later (Red Wine at dinner, Baileys, Spice Apple Rum etc...)

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    I didn't clean my room.

Yeah...my mother's being a...word I can't say. (and normally wouldn't use to describe her) () This is actually the first year where I haven't liked Christmas! (and you all know how much I love Christmas!) I couldn't fall asleep last night (shivering and 100.7 degree Fahrenheit fever) and all I heard was my Mom complaining to me to my Dad about me. I don't even want to open my presents tomorrow (tonight actually ) because...idk...I feel like she got them just because...not because she got them because she loved me or whatever (not that you use presents to show love...but ya know what I mean)
    I'd be inclined to agree with Jumble hun *hugs*

We tend to take things out on the people that are closest to us, maybe it's worth talking to her?

*waves* Hey Jos so glad to hear you're having fun !! We've been tracking Father Christmas, wrapping presents and helping little sis sprinkle reindeer sparkles to help them land . Being with a kid at Christmas is so much fun...except for the imminent sugar overdose

Comment

I didn't clean my room.

Yeah...my mother's being a...word I can't say. (and normally wouldn't use to describe her) () This is actually the first year where I haven't liked Christmas! (and you all know how much I love Christmas!) I couldn't fall asleep last night (shivering and 100.7 degree Fahrenheit fever) and all I heard was my Mom complaining to me to my Dad about me. I don't even want to open my presents tomorrow (tonight actually ) because...idk...I feel like she got them just because...not because she got them because she loved me or whatever (not that you use presents to show love...but ya know what I mean)
      YI actually threatened to not let my 9 year-old open his Christmas presents if he didn't wash dishes this morning (which he's supposed to do regardless). He was being absolutely defiant.. and I could see that look cross his stubborn little face... And for a moment I was terrified he was going to stick to his guns and I had this *horrible* image of his sitting on the sofa crying while his siblings opened presents... (thankfully, he washed them)

Trust me, if she didn't love you, you wouldn't be grounded. And she enjoys your being punished just as much as she do. Still... *hugs*

Comment

*checks cupboards* Nope, not a single mince pie in the house, and no Baileys either

But I do have a particularly scrummy Cherry Brandy Cheesecake smiling sweetly at me from the fridge
        I want some!

But I'll be having pigs in a blanket tonight...yum!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Mmmm food...finally got my brother so far as to make dinner...Spaghetti! Yum...and gonna make a chocolate cake after that while watching some SG
          sigpic

Comment

Chocolate cake... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              Chocolate cake... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
              Come over and I'll give you some
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                Awesome

We always have three meats over Christmas, this year it's Beef on Christmas Eve, Turkey on Christmas Day and Rolled Belly Pork Boxing Day ! Slightly extravagant but with a butcher as good as ours one does tend to go slightly overboard .
                Is it too late to invite myself to yours? I'll raid Anderson's and bring lots of scrummy desserts

Probably but I'll be doing some catching up later (Red Wine at dinner, Baileys, Spice Apple Rum etc...)
                Ah, see I can't mix stuff up like that. I'll stick to the wine

I'd be inclined to agree with Jumble hun *hugs*

We tend to take things out on the people that are closest to us, maybe it's worth talking to her?
                I'm not sure about talking at this point, but maybe offering to help with the preparations?

*waves* Hey Jos so glad to hear you're having fun !! We've been tracking Father Christmas, wrapping presents and helping little sis sprinkle reindeer sparkles to help them land . Being with a kid at Christmas is so much fun...except for the imminent sugar overdose
                Absolutely! Kids just make Christmas

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                I actually threatened to not let my 9 year-old open his Christmas presents if he didn't wash dishes this morning (which he's supposed to do regardless). He was being absolutely defiant.. and I could see that look cross his stubborn little face... And for a moment I was terrified he was going to stick to his guns and I had this *horrible* image of his sitting on the sofa crying while his siblings opened presents... (thankfully, he washed them)

Trust me, if she didn't love you, you wouldn't be grounded. And she enjoys your being punished just as much as you do. Still... *hugs*
                Been there, done that, came unstuck a couple of times My Suz was the stubbornest child ever born (Taurus ) and there have been times when I've really regretted butting heads with her I learned not to threaten her with anything that I wasn't actually prepared to go through with

I want some!

But I'll be having pigs in a blanket tonight...yum!
                I'd gladly share it with you *hugs*

Pigs in blankets I've already had twice this week Luv 'em!

Comment

Is it too late to invite myself to yours? I'll raid Anderson's and bring lots of scrummy desserts
                  If Andersons desserts are included in the package then I'll pay for you to fly up here...in a helicopter...

And of course would be lovely to see you...*ahem*

*whistles*

Comment

Okay since I don't have time to do a PM...when Cags comes over can you guys point her over to the S/J artwork thread where I posted the 25th day for the advent calendar? I don't have time to send her a PM with it

*huggles you all*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      If Andersons desserts are included in the package then I'll pay for you to fly up here...in a helicopter...

And of course would be lovely to see you...*ahem*

*whistles*
                      Yeah yeah

Arrange for Martin to pilot the helocopter, and it's a deal

Just don't wait dinner for us, ok?

Okay since I don't have time to do a PM...when Cags comes over can you guys point her over to the S/J artwork thread where I posted the 25th day? I don't have time to send her a PM with it

*huggles you all*
                      I'll pm it to her

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        Come over and I'll give you some
                        I'm on the first flight out.
                        sigpic

Comment

Been there, done that, came unstuck a couple of times My Suz was the stubbornest child ever born (Taurus ) and there have been times when I've really regretted butting heads with her I learned not to threaten her with anything that I wasn't actually prepared to go through with
                          Oh.. yeah. I'm already there. I think he realized that this time, fortunately, and realized Mommy meant NO PRESENTS and he had the same image I had.

Comment

what's wrong with a Taurus? Being stubborn is good Just don't disagree with them; they won't give in an inch
                            My family just learned to deal with it...it is funny though...earlier this evening my brothers(who are both over 6 feet) were bickering and fighting again and I just said "shut up and do your work" they looked at me...I glared back and they complied!
                            Although that has nothing to do with being stubborn

I love being a Taurus!

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            I'm on the first flight out.
                            Good let me know when you're here!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              what's wrong with a Taurus? Being stubborn is good Just don't disagree with them; they won't give in an inch
                              My family just learned to deal with it...it is funny though...earlier this evening my brothers(who are both over 6 feet) were bickering and fighting again and I just said "shut up and do your work" they looked at me...I glared back and they complied!
                              Although that has nothing to do with being stubborn

I love being a Taurus!

Good let me know when you're here!
                              There's nothing wrong with being a Taurus per se, it's just that stubborn bull-headedness that's hard to deal with in a child In an adult, it can be a good thing in many situations. Suz has been through a lot over the last few years, but she's a lovely person (I know I'm biased ) and has learned to use that stubborn streak when she needs to

And that authoritarian tone you used with your brothers is typical Taurus

Comment

There's nothing wrong with being a Taurus per se, it's just that stubborn bull-headedness that's hard to deal with in a child In an adult, it can be a good thing in many situations. Suz has been through a lot over the last few years, but she's a lovely person (I know I'm biased ) and has learned to use that stubborn streak when she needs to

And that authoritarian tone you used with your brothers is typical Taurus
                                My parents say that they never had problems with me...I was apparently the easy child after my brothers

Me likey...perhaps I can use that voice to convince TPTB to hold a PTB convention in the Netherlands or get me confirmation for my ships!(Santuary/SG-1)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X