No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She'll be leaving him to cry come September whether she wants to or not.

You can't eat spag bol with your hands. Well, you can but *shudder* Although, to be fair, I semi baby-led weaning with Ben, sort of by accident. I started on the purees but got fed up with all the faff quickly enough so would just give him things he could pick up and eat himself for breakfast/lunch/snacks and a smaller portion of whatever we had for dinner. I did feed it to him though, until he was capable of holding a knife and fork...well the fork anyway, since he still seems incapable of understanding the basic function of a dinner knife... or, indeed, keeping his food on his plate and not wearing it.

Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully you'll find someone soon. Or not and fate will decide.
    sigpic

Comment

I always try my best to respect and carry out the parents' wishes, but when it comes to having spaghetti bolognaise spattered all over my kitchen and having to bath a child after every meal, well, let's just say that will not be happening She came back for another chat today and brought with her the Nanny that looks after her child three days a week (she only wants me for two, which suits me fine ), and it turned out we knew each other vaguely and she knew several of the children I've looked after in the past. She used to work at a certain nursery and had a great deal to say about why she doesn't work there anymore - very interesting

The other mum with the 15 month old boy was very nice - this was her first meeting with a childminder and she was very nervous. She has others to see, which I always encourage, and she'll let me know when she's made up her mind what she wants to do.

So yes, still leaving it to fate

Comment

Oh, and.............

Comment

Blimey didn't even notice I was at a 69!

Well if you knew the nanny then that's interesting because she might have something to say about you to mum. I guess if she does ask you to look after her little one, it is only 2 days and you could probably find enough varied finger foods that are just as nutritious for just a couple of days, thus avoiding a pasta sauce decorated kitchen. Of course that's providing you're not feeding other children on those days too.

Good old fate, eh. Actually, I'm a bit sick of fate; it always seems to stick it to me and would quite like to control my own bloody destiny for a change.
          sigpic

Comment

My thoughts exactly

*hugs for fate being cruel*

Comment

fate sucks most of the time. Sorry I haven't been around much lately - I'm on day 6 of a killer migraine and am not very good company
              sigpic

Comment

*huggles Nola* That definitely does suck

Comment

Haven't been around much either, work is insane. Gentle hugs Nola. Fingers crossed Jumble. Hugs to Nad. Hugs to all and sundry.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*gently huggles Nola* Shoo migraine gremlins, shoo!

*waves to EH-T* Busy is good. Insanely busy is... insane.
                    sigpic

Comment

So, finally we get a day when it's not blowing a gale or pouring with rain - time to sort out the garden!

Hedge-trimmed all the overgrown shrubs.

Cleared the steps so that I could dump said trimmings.

Got the lawnmower out to cut the (foot high) grass.......... aaaaaaaand it woodn't work Admittedly I have had it for several years, and storing it in a spider-infested shed probably didn't do it much good, so off I went to Argos to get a new one - that's blown this month's budget sky-high

Best go and see if it works then............

*pours a cup of coffee*

..... in awhile

Comment

I hate it when there is an unexpected expense that blows the budget. I wish we'd get some rain here. It's been a drought for about 3 years now.
                        sigpic

Comment

I reckon the UK has had your share dumped on it these last few months

Comment

Until I got into the shower I hadn't realised just how much of my body got ripped by the brambles I attacked yesterday

Comment

ouch! that does sting
                              sigpic

Comment

Seems to be my day for stinging - just had an eye exam which involved first having drops to dilate the eye and then dye drops to highlight it Now being referred to the hospital where no doubt they'll want to put more stingy stuff in and still not find the problem

Aaaaand we seem to be getting another month's worth of rain in one day Think I'll just go and snuggle in my bed and rewatch some GoT

Comment

Working...
                                X