The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*waves*

Just wanted to say hi. Bad week last wee, so I figured rather than TMI the thread, I'd just be quiet. Hoping this week improves, though I am not super-confident about that since it ends with a bday on friday. First time in my life I am not at all excited, and even a little bummed about my birthday.

See what I mean? Gonna go catch a baby or something.

*hugs you all*
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hello WooHoo's

I wish I had time to properly catch up with the thread but unfortunately RL keeps kicking my butt.

My father went into surgery this morning at 7:30 to have the tumor in his lung removed. Instead of removing it they found more cancer. They don't want to remove his lung so they are closing him up and then he will be scheduled for chemo to try and shrink the smaller tumors before having him go back into surgery to remove the larger one and part of the lung. When he finds out he is going to be one very angry man. I am angry too. It took the doctors over 8 months from diagnosis to actual surgery because each doctor thought some other doctor was supposed to do this or that or this doctors office didn't schedule this something or other and so on and so on. If he had had the surgery in the beginning maybe they would have removed the tumor and maybe the cancer would not have spread. Maybe someday doctors will do right by their patients and maybe someday pigs will fly.

*hugs to WooHoo's needing them*
      Last edited by wine_buyer; 28 March 2011, 06:52 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

*huggles MoB* Hope everything gets solved and you'll have a good birthday in the end!(that you can enjoy!)

*huggles Bree* The joy of doctors After having to deal with doctors this year I can totally see what you mean...you get send from one to the other Hope that the tumors do shrink and they can remove all the cancer!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
          Hello WooHoo's

I wish I had time to properly catch up with the thread but unfortunately RL keeps kicking my butt.

My father went into surgery this morning at 7:30 to have the tumor in his lung removed. Instead of removing it they found more cancer. They don't want to remove his lung so they are closing him up and then he will be scheduled for chemo to try and shrink the smaller tumors before having him go back into surgery to remove the larger one and part of the lung. When he finds out he is going to be one very angry man. I am angry too. It took the doctors over 8 months from diagnosis to actual surgery because each doctor thought some other doctor was supposed to do this or that or this doctors office didn't schedule this something or other and so on and so on. If he had had the surgery in the beginning maybe they would have removed the tumor and maybe the cancer would not have spread. Maybe someday doctors will do right by their patients and maybe someday pigs will fly.

*hugs to WooHoo's needing them*
          I would make sure those doctors check to make sure the cancer hasn't spread to other parts of his body, because often they don't, and are surprised later when it pops up in other places. My father was diagnosed with lung cancer and had part of one lung removed, and the doctors said they got all the cancer and sent him home. A month later, they discovered four brain tumors, because the cancer had spread to the brain. This apparently is not an uncommon occurrence, but many doctors assume because they remove it in one location that they got all of it. My Dad passed away less than three months later. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your Dad and the rest of your family.

Comment

*huggles Bree and sends healing vibes to Dad*

*huggles MoB for crappy week* I wondered where you'd got to You shouldn't stay away when you're having bad times

I've just said goodbye to one of my little ones. He was only here temporarily for a few months but it's still a wrench

On the upside, his Mum and Dad brought me a lovely bunch of flowers and an equally lovely bottle of wine Plus a thank you card that brought tears to my eyes and made me blush

And I will still see him at toddler group, so it's not that bad

The little one who was ill last week has bounced back But his sister now has the same thing

Also, Jess has been sick all week-end and won't be with me until Wednesday

Which means I have the day off tomorrow.

Comment

*huggles for all the sick kidlets Jumble* And aww for one leaving!

Still having the day off tomorrow is nice
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, another quiet morning online....no one is here.

MoB - hope you get a better week....I so understand. I'm sending calming peaceful vibes your way.

Bree - I so understand your frustration. I've told mine online enough, but I totally understand what you're going through. All I can say is keep you eyes and ears on everything. Don't trust that they know what is best....question everything! I send all the healing vibes I can your way.

Jumble - a day off is always nice. Sorry that you are losing one of your munchins, but you knew it was going to happen. So, it must be! And the sick child is now well so that is always good. And think of all the fun things you can do on a day off.....always a good thing. I have faith in you, you'll find something to get yourself into!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm here. I'm here.

I'm here!

Really.

I am!

*bounces*

You would seriously think I would be busier seeing that I have to deal with everything of the speakers on the convention we are working on... Probably everyone will give me the info just before the deadline...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Bree - I so understand your frustration. I've told mine online enough, but I totally understand what you're going through. All I can say is keep you eyes and ears on everything. Don't trust that they know what is best....question everything! I send all the healing vibes I can your way.
                    Bree - I ditto this (except the telling mine online part). Ask every question you can think of. Do your own research online and then ask the doctors questions about what you find. They aren't too used to patients and/or patient's families asking informed questions of them. I personally went through three years of trying to find out the cause of health problems I was having, and going through numerous medical tests, including a lymph node biopsy and bone marrow test (icky), and was told I had Non-Hodgkins Lymphona, only to find out a week or so later that two labs screwed up and misdiagnosed the tissue samples. I was told I might have several other ailments, all of which turned out to not be the case. I have since learned to look up everything on the web and then ask questions every time I have a doctor's appointment, and have been told by a couple of the doctors they are surprised how well informed I am and about the questions I ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Bree - I ditto this (except the telling mine online part). Ask every question you can think of. Do your own research online and then ask the doctors questions about what you find. They aren't too used to patients and/or patient's families asking informed questions of them. I personally went through three years of trying to find out the cause of health problems I was having, and going through numerous medical tests, including a lymph node biopsy and bone marrow test (icky), and was told I had Non-Hodgkins Lymphona, only to find out a week or so later that two labs screwed up and misdiagnosed the tissue samples. I was told I might have several other ailments, all of which turned out to not be the case. I have since learned to look up everything on the web and then ask questions every time I have a doctor's appointment, and have been told by a couple of the doctors they are surprised how well informed I am and about the questions I ask them.
                      Re bolded: so true. My parents(well my mom) asked my doctors so many questions; one got really nervous...was funny to see. But with me we just wanted to find out if the first doctor made a mistake...in the end it was just a freak accident, but still, ask everything!
                      My mom even wrote everything down on a list and kept pushing till she had the real answer and not just the nice doctor story!
                      sigpic

Comment

Evening Woohoos

*squishy hugs for MoB and Bree and [b]Jumble*

Bree, so sorry to hear things aren't so good with your dad Cancer is an evil thing. I've spent the afternoon at the funeral of one of my mum's closest friends who died a couple of weeks ago from breast cancer - after fighting it for 6 years it finally got her when it had spread to her lungs and spine and heart She was only 56, far too young Really hope they can get your dad's under control and get it all removed for him.

*huggles everyone tightly*
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          *huggles for all the sick kidlets Jumble* And aww for one leaving!

Still having the day off tomorrow is nice
                          Thanks And yes, a day off is always welcome......... except I've just heard that Jess has gastric 'flu and won't be here at all this week

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Ah, another quiet morning online....no one is here.

MoB - hope you get a better week....I so understand. I'm sending calming peaceful vibes your way.

Jumble - a day off is always nice. Sorry that you are losing one of your munchins, but you knew it was going to happen. So, it must be! And the sick child is now well so that is always good. And think of all the fun things you can do on a day off.....always a good thing. I have faith in you, you'll find something to get yourself into!
                          Yes, I knew he wood be leaving, but I'll still miss him.

I'm hoping to get on with a certain reading project that's been waiting aaaaages for me to get to

Way back last August when I first posted this pic....

.... I seem to remember someone (looks suspiciously at Jann) asking me where my hands were

Thanks to EH-T, I can now prove my total innocence and show you.....

.... that they were in no way responsible for the look on his face

omg, I had my hand on Martin's tummy *faints*

Comment

We all know where that hand is going, Jumble...

*hugs Bree and dad*
                            *hugs MoB*
                            *hugs Jumble*
                            *hugs WooHoos*

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              *huggles MoB for crappy week* I wondered where you'd got to You shouldn't stay away when you're having bad times

Thank Jumble and every one. Just continues to get *^)%&-ier and (&%^&%-ier. Srsly, I could swear I'd built up better karma points than this. But, you know, apparently not. Somehow, somewhere, I seem to have a lot to answer for. Not much more to say than that.

*hugs everyone*

Bree major healing vibes to your dad.

xo
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*huggles*
                                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X