No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw, you WooHoos are making my tear ducts work overtime lately, but in a good way

Just got a lovely letter from Wendy, together with some 'sekrit' stuff that she's made for me Thank you *huggles*

They say good things come in threes.........

The Postie also brought me another package, containing my (free) PhotoBox album with all my fave pics from TSE/The Set Tour Guess what I'll be asking Martin to sign for me next time I see him? Yes, I am thinking more positively about that happening now

The third thing was a whole bunch of workmen turning up to cut off the mains water pipe that's been pouring water through the foundations of the conservatory and under the patio for the last 11 months! WooHooooood!!!! Now I can get the new gate put up and let the children play in the garden again

So yes, today is definitely a better day

Have a good lesson Wendy

*huggles Bekki and sends good luck break a leg vibes for the audition*

Comment

*sends good luck vibes to MoB*

It seems the family crisis is over *crosses fingers* Kids! They come to you with their world falling apart and make you worry and have sleepless nights, then all of a sudden everything's fine again and you wonder why you even bother

But of course, there's no way to avoid worry about them

Comment

*runs in*

*huggles Jumble* for averted family crisis...

*flies away to work*
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          *waves*

Well...that was an interesting end of the weekend for me.

Was skyping with mom and dad yesterday and in the middle of the convo I got nauseous and had to throw up...and this was for the 5th day in a row so my parents ordered me immediately to call my friend and go back to the hospital. So I listened to them(while they were looking at me calling my friend) and a little while later I went to the hospital.
          I expected to just go and get some antibiotics, but they immediately decided that I had to get a CT-scan. Had to drink some icky fluids and then wait till they started working.
          Had the scan an hour later, waited again and then got to hear that I apparently had an abcess.
          Waiting again to hear what would happen...then my new surgeon came in and told me that I had a huge abcess and had to get operated again...he was surprised that I almost didn't had any pain since the thing was already pushing on my liver!

Went into surgery 30 min later....after that on the ICU till just a moment ago...will probably have to stay in the hospital till the end of the week and have now two drains to get the other icky stuff out of my body.

Oh...and this was the final straw...mom and dad are coming on Wednesday.

so all in all I hit it pretty bad...*sigh*
          Sending big hugs your way.

Hugs to all the other Woohoos feeling under the weather. ((Hugs))

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Wendy, just read your con report. That was absolutely beautiful! Best report ever!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*gets wheeled in* ...what ...I can't stand up without help so I get wheeled everywhere

I am this time on a semi-private room; so I got a 73-year-old "roommate" right now and boy oh boy, she is annoying!!! Working on my nerves. I thank god for the invention of earplugs!
              It's not good for the little bit of sanity I have left!

*huggles all Woohoos carefully*

Hopefully my doc stops by soon today so I can ask him some more questions!
              sigpic

Comment

*huggles Jann* I remember being on a distinctly geriatric ward when I had my laparoscopy - I was in 5 days - by the end I was ready to shoot several fellow ward mates... or myself. I remember begging them to let me go home. Hope you don't have to put up with hospital too long.

*sends Good luck vibes to Bekki and Wendy (for DL)*

Good to hear Jumble; family eh! Mine seem to lurch from one crisis to another. Do you want to hear the latest? Do you... oh why can't they just all agree to differ and stop trying to overmanage each other.
                I stay out of it these days and I think they've kind of got that message loud and clear.

I've been sitting here ignoring the phone because it keeps ringing with an unrecognised number all day... and it's suddenly dawned on me it's probably the garage to arraneg a time to pick up the woohoomobile on Friday (dented bumper finally getting fixed - only taken 6 bloody weeks). Doh me!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Wendy, just read your con report. That was absolutely beautiful! Best report ever!
                  It certainly was Mind you, there have been a lot of really lovely AT5 reports, especially from the con-newbies

*gets wheeled in* ...what ...I can't stand up without help so I get wheeled everywhere

I am this time on a semi-private room; so I got a 73-year-old "roommate" right now and boy oh boy, she is annoying!!! Working on my nerves. I thank god for the invention of earplugs!
                  It's not good for the little bit of sanity I have left!

*huggles all Woohoos carefully*

Hopefully my doc stops by soon today so I can ask him some more questions!
                  Good that you're being wheeled everywhere Jann, you really need to take it very gently after such a setback. *huggles gently*

Oh dear, look what Nad made me do.....

I just couldn't leave it white, but where that pink came from I do not know

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    *huggles Jann* I remember being on a distinctly geriatric ward when I had my laparoscopy - I was in 5 days - by the end I was ready to shoot several fellow ward mates... or myself. I remember begging them to let me go home. Hope you don't have to put up with hospital too long.

*sends Good luck vibes to Bekki and Wendy (for DL)*

Good to hear Jumble; family eh! Mine seem to lurch from one crisis to another. Do you want to hear the latest? Do you... oh why can't they just all agree to differ and stop trying to overmanage each other.
                    I stay out of it these days and I think they've kind of got that message loud and clear.
                    Pm me if you want to rant in detail

I can actually see another family crisis looming just over the horizon, but I'm keeping my eyes averted in the hope that it gets sorted before I'm called upon to get involved

I've been sitting here ignoring the phone because it keeps ringing with an unrecognised number all day... and it's suddenly dawned on me it's probably the garage to arraneg a time to pick up the woohoomobile on Friday (dented bumper finally getting fixed - only taken 6 bloody weeks). Doh me!

My curiosity simply doesn't allow me to ignore the phone

Comment

Cags I think with a room filled with people I would already be glaring. We tried yesterday to get a private room; but the hospital is full so that didn't work out.

Jumble I mostly stay on this room though...and they do make me walk to the bathroom....2 meters away. Then again did I tell you that my incision is around 5 inches long and that I get my IV etc. through my neck oh and I got two drains at the side of my body....yeah they didn't take any risk this time around

As for the sig...err....PRETTY....but who made it?!?!?!? Your alter ego??? Not you that for sure
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        Pm me if you want to rant in detail

It's just the usual stuff really. Stuff all festers until it explodes. Some people in my family need to wake up and smell the roses and stop being so hard done by all the time.
                        And I am feeling particularly sensitive today becuase I wrote the most enormous cheque out earlier... I mean £90k sized enormous. Quite possibly the biggest cheque I have, or will ever have to write. And funnily enough, it's not so much the size of the cheque that's bothering me so much as the bit I didn't add to it and the consequences of that. I've taken a massive gamble that I really hope pays off. If I can afford to do everything I want to do with money I have left It'll set me up for life and mean Benjabub's education (should he decide to got to uni) will be paid for too so give him a great start. It all depend son if I still have a job when the dust settles on this year's LA funding pot. If not then I'm going to be living on it and spending his inhertitance!
                        sigpic

Comment

Cags I think with a room filled with people I would already be glaring. We tried yesterday to get a private room; but the hospital is full so that didn't work out.

Jumble I mostly stay on this room though...and they do make me walk to the bathroom....2 meters away. Then again did I tell you that my incision is around 5 inches long and that I get my IV etc. through my neck oh and I got two drains at the side of my body....yeah they didn't take any risk this time around
                          It's good to know they're taking every precaution, just you do as you're told and be patient with yourself It's good to walk a little, it helps to avoid getting a DVT and keep your muscles moving, but JUST a little

As for the sig...err....PRETTY....but who made it?!?!?!? Your alter ego??? Not you that for sure

I CAN do pastels, I just usually...... don't

And Martin did look cute in that predominantly pink quilt

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          It's just the usual stuff really. Stuff all festers until it explodes. Some people in my family need to wake up and smell the roses and stop being so hard done by all the time.
                          And I am feeling particularly sensitive today becuase I wrote the most enormous cheque out earlier... I mean £90k sized enormous. Quite possibly the biggest cheque I have, or will ever have to write. And funnily enough, it's not so much the size of the cheque that's bothering me so much as the bit I didn't add to it and the consequences of that. I've taken a massive gamble that I really hope pays off. If I can afford to do everything I want to do with money I have left It'll set me up for life and mean Benjabub's education (should he decide to got to uni) will be paid for too so give him a great start. It all depend son if I still have a job when the dust settles on this year's LA funding pot. If not then I'm going to be living on it and spending his inhertitance!
                          *huggles*Families can be a pain at times

Glad to hear you've sorted out what you wanted to do with the money, and if the worst comes to it and you have to live on what's left, then so be it. What Ben needs most at the moment is a stable home with a Mum that's not stressing so much about money that she forgets to give him all the love and attention he needs Let the future take care of itself, at least for the time being

Comment

mini rant moment

Who the heck takes a sniffling(sick looking) toddler with them to the hospital, in a shared room with people who definitely CAN'T handle a cold right now...

Seriously p**** me off!

Ugh.

EDIT: and the kid is now openly coughing ...one cough for me and I'll be in pain for a few hours...
                            Last edited by starlover; 22 February 2011, 09:41 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Now, who needs huggles today? Jann, Cags... anyone else? And yay huggles for Jumble too, glad the family crisis blew over and you've had a better day.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                              *huggles Wendy* Have a good driving working day!

Just read Josi's con entry. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...
                              *blushes*
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Evening all

*huggles Jann*

*squishy huggles Cags*

*squishy huggles Jumble* Glad to hear the family woes have been averted for another day

Comment

Working...
                                X