Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by starlover View Post
    *runs around nekkid(virtually)*

    Cleaned my apartment...doing my laundry now and waiting on a friend to come for a nice afternoon of thunking Hugh Jackman and after that some other hot guys from SG or so...
    Have fun thunking...
    what hot guys?


    Originally posted by llp View Post
    Well, doesn't matter, I am not Canadian so I can't vote. Plus why was Amanda left out of the best actress award....really!
    Heh, same here.
    And I do agree on AT. Maybe she's just too 'outstanding' to be competing for the 'Best female perforance' with the mortals?
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

    sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website


    Comment


      Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Have fun thunking...
      what hot guys?

      Heh, same here.
      And I do agree on AT. Maybe she's just too 'outstanding' to be competing for the 'Best female perforance' with the mortals?
      Ah, the answer to the question! Very good and very true.....after all she is an abnormal!
      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by llp View Post
        Well, I have finished another chapter in my new book....

        I am having trouble with a good title. The whole premise starts out with a skull of a child being found and how it leads the team into the investigation. So I have come up with a few ideas. Opinions please:

        The Skull - sounds, I don't know, not quite right?

        Remains To Be Seen - ????

        Follow the Tale - ???? or could make it Follow the Trail ?????

        Heartless

        The Winnebago Murders - I can't really explain that one yet (story to follow)


        Titles are one thing that takes the longest for me to figure out. My first book "Murder by Proxy" - I didn't come up with that title until I was almost done with it. And now I really like the title. My second book is "still" being edited by Jumble (sorry, couln't help that) and I'm not sure I want to stick with the current title "Sarah" but I haven't come up with anything else right now. A title can make or break a book, or at least in my opinion. So, it is very important to come up with a good one.

        And it looks like I'm talking to myself again.....
        Sara? Sarai?


        Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

        Comment



          Originally posted by EH-T
          Sara? Sarai?
          Title came before I knew her and it is the name of the main character.....besides, she is a remarkable woman in 1885 so why not be named after her. If Jumble ever edits the book (yes I know I am nagging) then she would agree!

          Besides it is also one of my favorite names!

          Hmmmm, can I sneak in with 2 more posts and no one will notice......maybe later tonight!

          Hee hee hee!
          Last edited by llp; March 26, 2011, 01:10 PM.
          sigpic

          Comment


            Evening Woohoos

            Today I am happy because Oxford won the Boat Race (yay!), but also very sad because my absolute favourite author since I was a child, Diana Wynne Jones, has just died

            Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            *sigh* I think maybe it's time for me to accept that I'm not 18 anymore Took the boys to the park, made myself dizzy on the whirlygig, tripped over a HUGE lump of fresh air and ended up on my butt with a badly grazed arm, a bruised butt and my pride seriously damaged

            5-year-old Oren's reaction: (in utter astonishment) "Wow! I didn't know grown-ups could fall over! "

            (Hey! Who is he calling a grown-up???? )

            7-year-old Herbie's reaction: (after carefully examining my hands) "It's ok Nan, you didn't break a nail!"



            In my defence, I was not the only granny there in jeans, t-shirt and high-heeled boots

            Hey, is it my fault the others were too wimpy to play on the rides????

            *hugs* But never grow up - it's far more fun not to

            Originally posted by Jumble View Post

            *squishy huggles Cags and drags her out of the dark corner* I've missed you sooooo much
            Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            I know where you are, but really you know dropping in here has a way of perking you up and helping you breathe

            And if that doesn't work we can at least squish you a little and make you smile
            ^^What she said x2 *squishy huggles Cags*

            Originally posted by llp View Post
            Well, I have finished another chapter in my new book....

            I am having trouble with a good title. The whole premise starts out with a skull of a child being found and how it leads the team into the investigation. So I have come up with a few ideas. Opinions please:

            The Skull - sounds, I don't know, not quite right?

            Remains To Be Seen - ????

            Follow the Tale - ???? or could make it Follow the Trail ?????

            Heartless

            The Winnebago Murders - I can't really explain that one yet (story to follow)


            Titles are one thing that takes the longest for me to figure out. My first book "Murder by Proxy" - I didn't come up with that title until I was almost done with it. And now I really like the title. My second book is "still" being edited by Jumble (sorry, couln't help that) and I'm not sure I want to stick with the current title "Sarah" but I haven't come up with anything else right now. A title can make or break a book, or at least in my opinion. So, it is very important to come up with a good one.

            And it looks like I'm talking to myself again.....
            Hmm, I don't know, but I have to appreciate the pun in 'Remains to be Seen' - nice!
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

            Comment


              I like the pun too, but might result in the book not being taken seriously, if you know what I mean.

              Without knowing the story it's hard to say but I like "The Skull". Maybe you need to add a word in though... lilke "The Hidden Skull" or "The Broken Skull" or... well, you get the idea.
              "The Winnebago Murders" sounds intreguing. I like that!
              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                I like the pun too, but might result in the book not being taken seriously, if you know what I mean.

                Without knowing the story it's hard to say but I like "The Skull". Maybe you need to add a word in though... lilke "The Hidden Skull" or "The Broken Skull" or... well, you get the idea.
                "The Winnebago Murders" sounds intreguing. I like that!
                Well, just to give you an idea, it is the story of the murder of children....I know, I not sure I really like that either.....it is early enough that I might change that into adults. A biker guy gets into a fight that is busted up by cops and when arrested he has this scull attached to his bike as a "good luck" symbol. It turns out to be real and thus the murder investigation starts. This info all comes out in the first two chapters so I'm not giving away anything. Oh and the only clue they have in the beginning is the skull.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  I've been experimenting.


                  ...I might not do that again
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

                  sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website


                  Comment


                    *rolls through neikkid* Alas, alas, why all the souls that were were forfeit once...mmmmm Shakespeare *rolls back through, covered in a rug*
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Morning all

                      Nad, I think you should do that again - awesome

                      *squishy huggles Bekki because I see you down there*

                      *waves to Spencers*
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Well, just to give you an idea, it is the story of the murder of children....I know, I not sure I really like that either.....it is early enough that I might change that into adults. A biker guy gets into a fight that is busted up by cops and when arrested he has this scull attached to his bike as a "good luck" symbol. It turns out to be real and thus the murder investigation starts. This info all comes out in the first two chapters so I'm not giving away anything. Oh and the only clue they have in the beginning is the skull.
                        I'm not good with titles, but maybe you can take inspiration from Bones or Castle episode titles
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          I've been experimenting.


                          ...I might not do that again
                          Again! Again! Again!
                          great sig Nad!
                          (where's the pic of AT from, I don't recognise it)
                          sigpicMy Fanfic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Sara? Sarai?
                            Originally posted by llp View Post


                            Title came before I knew her and it is the name of the main character.....besides, she is a remarkable woman in 1885 so why not be named after her. If Jumble ever edits the book (yes I know I am nagging) then she would agree!

                            Besides it is also one of my favorite names!

                            Hmmmm, can I sneak in with 2 more posts and no one will notice......maybe later tonight!

                            Hee hee hee!
                            May I applaud you on your excellent taste.

                            Although as EH-T quite rightly points out, you have the spelling all wrong.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                              May I applaud you on your excellent taste.

                              Although as EH-T quite rightly points out, you have the spelling all wrong.

                              Ah but the story takes place in 1885......spelling was different then!
                              sigpic

                              Comment



                                And speaking of anniversaries, it's a year today since I brought Woody home

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X