Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    MoB it's never too early to drink
    I told Andi that's what you'd say. Good thing we are well stocked.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Laurie you'll definitely be going to Anderson's at least twice in February......... my cooking isn't brilliant...... and also to Dave's Traditional Fish n Chip Shop

Mind you, I did rather excel myself earlier - Grilled rib-eye steak with Sprouts, broccoli and Awesome roast potatoes (I've been getting tips from Stuart ), with a really nice onion sauce! Yum

Glad you like the Advent vid
      Speaking of rib-eye steak - that will be tonight's dinner!

So, are you going to give me a clue...what exactly does getting Boxing Day off mean besides not working that day?
      sigpic

Comment

I always found it fascinating that you guys only have one official Christmas day...
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          I told Andi that's what you'd say. Good thing we are well stocked.
          You know me so well already?

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Speaking of rib-eye steak - that will be tonight's dinner!

So, are you going to give me a clue...what exactly does getting Boxing Day off mean besides not working that day?
          Er........ that's exactly what it means Recovery day from the excesses of Christmas

This year, because Christmas and Boxing day landed on the week-end, Monday and Tuesday are Bank Holidays in lieu so everybody gets a four day week-end Except me of course. I've got a 13 day week-end

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          I always found it fascinating that you guys only have one official Christmas day...
          While we, on the other hand, think you guys are peculiar for having ..... more than one I mean, Jesus only has one birthday surely?

Not that it's really about that anymore

Comment

While we, on the other hand, think you guys are peculiar for having ..... more than one I mean, Jesus only has one birthday surely?

Not that it's really about that anymore
            So does Martin Wood!

But it makes sense. Sure, Christmas officially marks Jesus' birthday, but more people value the days as 'together time'.
            So... There's one day for his side of the family, one for her side and then one for the own family. Or any kind of variation, depending on cicumstances.

Plus we like our days off.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

What we are drinking! (A gift to me from our Aussie houseguest)

sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Of course you can call me Nad!
                (Especially after dancing nekkid with me... )

Ah,yes. It is always best to be on a first name basis with those you perform the sacred act of happy dancing nekkid with
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  So does Martin Wood!
                  See, I do tend to put him up on a pedestal, but even I woodn't consider him to be Holy

Yes, but we have several days of celebration because.......... well because............ um.... wasn't it because we all live in different time zones and therefore having just one day wood make it difficult for everyone to be here?

Bloody sure it was something like that.............. and not because we decided he's too awesome to have just one day.........

But it makes sense. Sure, Christmas officially marks Jesus' birthday, but more people value the days as 'together time'.
                  So... There's one day for his side of the family, one for her side and then one for the own family. Or any kind of variation, depending on cicumstances.

Plus we like our days off.
                  Yeah..... the problem with most families is deciding which of those days is which

Yes we do

Comment

Speaking of families and such........

*squishy huggles Martin*

Comment

Yes, but we have several days of celebration because.......... well because............ um.... wasn't it because we all live in different time zones and therefore having just one day wood make it difficult for everyone to be here?

[SIZE="1"]Bloody sure it was something like that.............. and not because we decided he's too awesome to have just one day.........

*nods*A perfectly believable reason.
                      sigpic

Comment

[SIZE="1"]Bloody sure it was something like that.............. and not because we decided he's too awesome to have just one day.........

*nods*A perfectly believable reason.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm not doing the quoting thing right am i.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leo1 View Post

Ah,yes. It is always best to be on a first name basis with those you perform the sacred act of happy dancing nekkid with
                            I'm not so sure about that...............

Comment

Originally posted by Leo1 View Post
                              Yeah, it does add an extra layer to the act. It's so much more... personal.

See, I do tend to put him up on a pedestal, but even I woodn't consider him to be Holy

Bloody sure it was something like that.............. and not because we decided he's too awesome to have just one day.........

Yeah..... the problem with most families is deciding which of those days is which

Yes we do
                              I...

Don't remember.

Speaking of families and such........

*squishy huggles Martin*
                              *huggles Martin*

I'm not so sure about that...............
                              *blinks*

sigpic

Comment

I was tempted to scroll back through and find the conversation about Martin's birthday...... but I decided it really doesn't matter why we celebrate for several days. It's enough that we do Because we loves him lots

I find myself watching 'Superman Returns' and wondering why they didn't do a completely new movie instead of using lookalike actors for the original Superman (Christopher ....... somebody?), Lois (er.......) and Lex Luthor (um.......) and using the same music and stuff. Ok, so I don't remember the actors' names, but I do remember the original Superman movie was directed by Richard Donner

Comment

Working...
                                X