The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    OH MY DAYS. I just found out one of my closest friends and her family, whom I love, had a devastating house fire and were only saved by their neighours banging on the door and waking them up, getting them out.

Please, please, please make sure you have a working fire alarm!

They're so lucky their neighbours weren't asleep.
    Wow! QFT. Holiday season around here brings lots of PSAs regarding smoke detectors. It's super scary how many people don't remember the basics. (I am very thankful for those PSAs because I also tend to forget ) Also, make sure you have a working carbon monoxide detector!
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Speed artwork (speed as in fast, not as in drugs )

Next up, messy icons. I'm bored and blissfully so.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Speed artwork (speed as in fast, not as in drugs )

Awesome!

You know, Damian is kind of a cutie, in a smushy, huggly, kind of way.

I forgot to mention last night 2 excellent developments, y'all!

1. It looks like I'm going to be able to go to NYCC after all and hopefully meet RyRo! My hospital just cut our conference reimbursement to $750 and the sonogram course I was supposed to go to is $1200 + hotel and travel. So I told my boss, no way. I'll find a conference I can go to for $750 TYVM!

2. I started the application process to become a midwife in British Columbia! It's really extensive, and there's no guarantee I'll be accepted, but I've got a lot of crazy experience from my 3 years at the baby factory, and some very nice experience from my time as a student midwife before that, so *fingers crossed!*
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          Awesome!

He seemed quite shy at SE. Not on stage, but in personal space. Or maybe he was scared of me

1. It looks like I'm going to be able to go to NYCC after all and hopefully meet RyRo! My hospital just cut our conference reimbursement to $750 and the sonogram course I was supposed to go to is $1200 + hotel and travel. So I told my boss, no way. I'll find a conference I can go to for $750 TYVM!
          Good for you! Ryan is lovely And funny Aaaaaaand he can sing

2. I started the application process to become a midwife in British Columbia! It's really extensive, and there's no guarantee I'll be accepted, but I've got a lot of crazy experience from my 3 years at the baby factory, and some very nice experience from my time as a student midwife before that, so *fingers crossed!*
          You know, I really hope you get it, but at the same time I'm insanely jealous of the idea of you living in BC

Yuck. They really have been lucky. As lucky as you can be in that situation.

EDIT: Babies, fires... there's pattern forming in our convo's.
          Yeah...... you'd think we'd have something more interesting to talk about, huh? Such as...

Just an idea.........

Love the sig Nad Wish I could kick my PS mojo back into action
          Last edited by Jumble; 14 September 2010, 04:22 AM.

Comment

*bounces in*
            Thanks for all the congrats everyone! All is well, and the doctor pronounced baby James 'perfect' earlier this morning I'm just off to Reading now to see them all, sooo excited!!!
            *bounces*
            *bounces out*
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
              1. He seemed quite shy at SE. Not on stage, but in personal space. Or maybe he was scared of me

2. Good for you! Ryan is lovely And funny Aaaaaaand he can sing

3. You know, I really hope you get it, but at the same time I'm insanely jealous of the idea of you living in BC
              1. LOL. My writer friends tend to be either intensely extroverted or shy in public. I think there are a couple of fairly distinct personality types who write for a living.

2. Gotta love a man who can sing. But is he a baritone? I have a soft spot for baritones.

3. See, you've got to look at the bright side. Won't it be nice for all WooHoos in good standing to have a free place to stay in BC whenever they feel like visiting? Vancouver's expensive! It'll significantly decrease the cost of the trip.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              *bounces in*
              Thanks for all the congrats everyone! All is well, and the doctor pronounced baby James 'perfect' earlier this morning I'm just off to Reading now to see them all, sooo excited!!!
              *bounces*
              *bounces out*
              YAY! I hope you will bring back pics if the fam allows it! (((Babies)))
              sigpic

Comment

1. LOL. My writer friends tend to be either intensely extroverted or shy in public. I think there are a couple of fairly distinct personality types who write for a living.
                That's an interesting point. Especially if you compare Damian to Joe

2. Gotta love a man who can sing. But is he a baritone? I have a soft spot for baritones.
                Noooo..... I don't think so

3. See, you've got to look at the bright side. Won't it be nice for all WooHoos in good standing to have a free place to stay in BC whenever they feel like visiting? Vancouver's expensive! It'll significantly decrease the cost of the trip.
                Oh! Good point In that case, I wish you all the luck in the world with your application and will keep everything crossed that you get what we you want!

YAY! I hope you will bring back pics if the fam allows it! (((Babies)))
                There's a pic of him on her FB - beautiful squidgy little baby! Aw!

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                  *huggles Bree* That is so scary
                  Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  ((((((Bree))))))
                  Thanks
                  Originally posted by llp View Post
                  That's a terrible thing to have to live with, so unfair. Is he still living there?
                  Yes
                  Oh goodie, no one is here so I can post away.
                  My Girls:
                  http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...0Me/Sammie.jpg
                  This is Sammie
                  http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...0Me/Carrie.jpg
                  This is Carrie
                  They are so cute!
                  http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...d/Martin14.jpg
                  With his beard just for Jumble

Enjoy all.... now I can go to bed with a smile
                  Just for Jumble? *sniff* That's okay. I will just have to settle for the gorgeousness that is Amanda.
                  Gosh! That was quick! I went to bed and missed the news by half an hour?

CONGRATS AUNTIE JOSI!!!
                  AND WELL DONE SIS!!!!

Let's hope your landlord gets rid of him now

Laurie, LUUUUURVE the beard Soooo wish he'd grow it again.....
                  We saw the landlord this morning and he said "These people have to go." Hopefully now he will actually make them leave. If he doesn't the rest of the tenants may get together and see what rights we have in regards to being safe where we live.
                  *hugs Bree*
                  Wow, that's awful to have to live with!

MoB and Laurie, love the pics!

WoooooHoooood!!!
                  Congrats!
                  *happy dances*
                  Yeah. I want him out of her so I can get some peace of mind back. The whole time he's been living here fire has been my biggest fear. We were just lucky that the fire department is only 3 buildings away from us so they got here super fast.
                  Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                  Yay Congrats Auntie Josi
                  And huge well done to Anne and Dad
                  and baby James!!

Bree that sucks, can't you go to the police about it? He at least deserves an asbo or something along those lines
                  If the landlord doesn't rid of him ASAP that will be the next step.
                  ((((Bree)))) That sucks. Spoilered for some helpful? advice that you can take or leave...
                  Spoiler:
                  I had something similar happen about 8 years ago. Take is slow, let yourself deal with the fear. This might sound mildly cookoo, but think about giving some hypnotherapy a try. It was years before I could smell smoke without having a panic attack. It might help you get through the biggest part of that PTS-type anxiety sooner. Again, HUGE hugs to you!

Furbabies! Gorgeous!
                  Honestly, after it happened I must have gone to the door about 20 times to see if there was smoke coming from under his door. I was awake last night imagining him getting hungry for a late night snack and then passing out again. Home is one of the few places that people tend to feel safe and it sucks when someone takes that away from you. I am going to talk to Char's therapist on Saturday so maybe she can help.
                  I come in and you're all making babies?

Congratulations Auntie Josi!!

My last day at work and then, if all goes planned, I get FOUR DAYS off! OMG. I'm so excited. I get some time off, hopefully to relax, maybe even stay on here for longer than 10 minutes!

Good for you on the time off.
                  Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                  *sneaks in from study group*

CONGRATULATIONS AUNTIE JANE!! Hope mum and dad and bub are all doing fabulously Give the little bubby a cuddle for us woohoos

Bree - I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you after you told the landlord that you thought it might! that's no no good! but at least no one was hurt and hopefully appropriate action can be taken so that nobody ever gets hurt because of it! small victories, perhaps

*runs back to studying...but will stilllurk in the thread in case anyone is around to distract me beautifully*
                  That's the part that really ticks me off. He new. He was warned. He said he would do something about it but did nothing.
                  Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

Congratulations Aunt Josi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Wonderful news!!!
                  (((huggles Bree)))
                  Thanks.
                  OH MY DAYS. I just found out one of my closest friends and her family, whom I love, had a devastating house fire and were only saved by their neighours banging on the door and waking them up, getting them out.

It's funny-weird because Charmaine changed all of the smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector batteries on Sunday. Amazing foresight on her part considering.

Glad your neighbors are okay.
                  You'd be surprised how many people either don't have them, or don't check the batteries

So glad to hear they're all safe
                  Char did.
                  Wow! QFT. Holiday season around here brings lots of PSAs regarding smoke detectors. It's super scary how many people don't remember the basics. (I am very thankful for those PSAs because I also tend to forget ) Also, make sure you have a working carbon monoxide detector!
                  I second that advice!
                  Awesome!

Good for you on point one!
                  Good luck on point two!

Appointment one is over and on Friday I get my ultrasound.
                  Interestingly enough Charmaine needs an ultrasound too but for something else. Her appointment is today at 2:00

*hugs all WooHoo's and guests*
                  sigpic

Comment

I want to know how this clinic can function! #1-- my 9:30am pt is STILL sitting upstairs untriaged (It's 11:40 here). Why do people stand for this? I'd walk out the door. #2 It's FREEZING in here. I'm dying even with my lab coat and hot tea. I feel for my patients who have to get undressed bec it's new OB day! Brr!

1. That's an interesting point. Especially if you compare Damian to Joe

2. Noooo..... I don't think so

3. Oh! Good point In that case, I wish you all the luck in the world with your application and will keep everything crossed that you get what we you want!

4. There's a pic of him on her FB - beautiful squidgy little baby! Aw!
                    1. Having met neither, I'll have to take your word for it.

2. Oh boo. Oh well, he's still my No 2 Sanctuary character.

3. Exactly!

4. But we are not FB friends...

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post

1. Good for you on point one!
                    2. Good luck on point two!
                    3. Appointment one is over and on Friday I get my ultrasound.
                    4. Interestingly enough Charmaine needs an ultrasound too but for something else. Her appointment is today at 2:00

*hugs all WooHoo's and guests*
                    1. Yeah, my friend I'm working with today told me it cost her $1600 all-told AND the hospital reimbursed her for the whole thing! Grr.

2. Gracias!

3. Yay, and good luck Friday!

4. Good luck to Charmaine too...
                    sigpic

Comment

*kicks thread in search of signs of life*

I'm pretty excited, my friend (and coworker) and I are going to write a paper together! *dances*

Okay, back to work...
                      sigpic

Comment

My last day at work and then, if all goes planned, I get FOUR DAYS off! OMG. I'm so excited. I get some time off, hopefully to relax, maybe even stay on here for longer than 10 minutes!
                        Congrats for getting time off!!

I'm glad they are ok

Speed artwork (speed as in fast, not as in drugs)

Nice sig!

Awesome!

He is

Congrats!!

Good luck! *crosses fingers*

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        *bounces in*
                        *bounces*
                        *bounces out*
                        Awesome!!!

*kicks thread in search of signs of life*

I'm pretty excited, my friend (and coworker) and I are going to write a paper together! *dances*

Okay, back to work...
                        Oh how cool

My allergies are messing with me right now, it is not nice
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*Huggles Bree tight*

Major Congrats Auntie Josi.

*Huggles Woohoos*
                          sigpic

Comment

*stumbles in yawning*
                            *huggles Woohoos - while trying desperately not to yawn down your ears *
                            *more belated Birthday huggles for Josi*

Sorry for my unexplained absence (again) You must be getting used to this from me by now Lea put his back out again on Sunday morning, and I got a double shift at work today. Add that to Naomi's first day of school yesterday (which she enjoyed tremendously, she woke up grinning and didn't stop until bedtime) plus an author visit from Michael Rosen (who btw is very lovely and funny )....it's just been mayhem here

Hope everyone is doing ok, I doubt I'll catch up on a week's worth of posts, but I'll do my best! *more huggles*

Oh....Just to put the record straight, Oma can make that errupting volcano look like a gentle summer breeze when she's mad enough....

However, the ones I usually make are mash, sausages, baked beans and/or gravy
                            sigpic

Comment

First things first though, before I go hunting........is Josi an auntie yet???????

Edit: I see she is *huggles Auntie Josi, James and Mummy*
                              sigpic

Comment

*bounces back in*
                                Just back home! My nephew is amazing! Absolutely beautiful, and my wonderful sister is amazing too. She had such a quick labour - James was born only about three hours after they got to the hospital last night They are both well (although mummy & daddy are rather tired!) and James has officially been pronounced perfect I couldn't be prouder
                                *huggles everyone*

I'm not going to post photos on the thread, but will happily PM people and will be putting some on FB for anyone who's friends with me there to see and squee over

OK, now I feel like I've done nothing but squee over James all day, so from my catch up on the thread, big hugs to Bree for what must have been a very scary experience
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X