No announcement yet.

Shore Leave 31 July 10-12,2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my suit case out from the cubby. Need to let it air out before packing.
    Will get snacks and what not on Monday.
    Can't believe that a week from Fri I will be heading down to MD to meet you all and the guests of course. I can't wait!!!
    Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

I'm on the process of loading music on to my mp3 player for the trip to Shore Leave and Back. Tomorrow, I'm picking up the True Blood soundtrack. I got a 30% of coupon from Borders Rewards on any CD. I've already loaded alot of music but that is the CD that I really want to have. The theme for True Blood has been running through my head for several days. So I hope by listening to the CD that it gets out of my head. Maybe it is because I am reading the books and watching it on line.

I'd better sign off and go watch season 5 of Atlantis.

Comment

Thanks now I have it running through my head .

Do you know were and when on the site the days actives will be posted on?

Does anyone know if the con hotel has babysitting service for con goers?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi40 View Post
          Thanks now I have it running through my head .

Do you know were and when on the site the days actives will be posted on?

Does anyone know if the con hotel has babysitting service for con goers?
          The schedule should be put up on the website some time next week. I know that Programming will be working hard over the holiday weekend to tie up loose ends.
          The hotel itself does not have a babysitting service, but if you give them a call perhaps they have numbers for professional services in the area. The number is 410-785-7000.

Kett

Comment

Perhaps this was answered since I haven't read all 51 pages of posts, but can you bring snacks into the convention?

I can't wait to meet all you!

Kett, I didn't know you were here. 8^) Thanks for helping us out at the convention.

Comment

Originally posted by hertzog View Post
              Perhaps this was answered since I haven't read all 51 pages of posts, but can you bring snacks into the convention?

I can't wait to meet all you!

Kett, I didn't know you were here. 8^) Thanks for helping us out at the convention.
              As a long time Shore Leave attendee, I can answer your question. Yes, snacks can be brought into the con. The only place you need to not have anything open is in the art show. Snacking is the way I get through the day. I eat a good breakfast and then snack through the rest of the day.

T minus 8 days till I leave for Shore Leave!

Comment

Kett, I'm not sure if you're around anywhere because ya'll have a LOT to do but if you have a second I have a question. I was wondering what time on site registration opens on Friday morning? I am going to have to buy my weekend pass at the door and I don't want to miss out so I am going to try to be one of the first in line. I'd appreciate a heads up if you have a chance.

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

I'm not Kett but I can answer your question. In past years of Shore Leave, the registration opened at 9am. Some years it varies but always before noon.

Comment

I have 7 days till I start my vacation! I am doing laundry today and starting to pack tomorrow. I got some of my groceries for the con bought but I will be going on Tuesday to get some more. I will also be stopping at Wegmans on Thursday to pick up some last minute things.

I have purchased my convention reading material Star Trek Magazine and the last couple of books int the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I got luck and had a $15 dollar credit on my Borders Rewards card. So for the True Blood Soundtrack and the 2 Charlaine Harris books I only had to pay $16. So I'm pretty happy right now.
                    Last edited by griffindorgirl; 01 July 2009, 12:10 PM. Reason: type o

Comment

I also have a question for Kett. I still haven't mailed my photo ops form. Should I mail it now or just take my chances and order them at the con?

Comment

Originally posted by Kett1701 View Post
                        The schedule should be put up on the website some time next week. I know that Programming will be working hard over the holiday weekend to tie up loose ends.
                        The hotel itself does not have a babysitting service, but if you give them a call perhaps they have numbers for professional services in the area. The number is 410-785-7000.

Kett
                        Thanks for the info Kett.
                        I was asking about the babysitting thing for someone I know on a different forum.

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
                        As a long time Shore Leave attendee, I can answer your question. Yes, snacks can be brought into the con. The only place you need to not have anything open is in the art show. Snacking is the way I get through the day. I eat a good breakfast and then snack through the rest of the day.

T minus 8 days till I leave for Shore Leave!
                        Good to know about the snacks in the con

Oh man I can't wait to get the show started.

Comment

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post
                          I also have a question for Kett. I still haven't mailed my photo ops form. Should I mail it now or just take my chances and order them at the con?
                          Pre-Reg is now closed, including for Photo Ops so that they have time to process everything that came in.
                          Not to worry - we will offer more Photo Ops at the convention. We'll sell them thru At-the-Door Registration on Friday and you can pay in cash or with a credit card. On Saturday we move the sales to the Photo Op Room. There we allow Cash-Only (exact change is appreciated) transactions once all ticketed Photo Ops have been taken and it is determined that we still have time in the session. Normally we are able to get everyone thru though it's always possible that we might run out of time and people that did not purchase tickets ahead of time would not be able to get them taken.
                          If you get your Photo Op tickets on Friday - you'll be fine and it removes any risk (as remote as it may be) that you would be left out.

Kett

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
                            I'm not Kett but I can answer your question. In past years of Shore Leave, the registration opened at 9am. Some years it varies but always before noon.
                            That sounds right. I can't remember if it's 9am or 10am. I'm sure that it's on our site somewhere (if not, it should be) but it's 3:40am here and I'm too tired to check it out.

If you want to be absolutely sure -
                            you can email [email protected]. Melissa James responds to those emails and she would know the answer.

Kett

Comment

Originally posted by Kett1701 View Post
                              Pre-Reg is now closed, including for Photo Ops so that they have time to process everything that came in.
                              Not to worry - we will offer more Photo Ops at the convention. We'll sell them thru At-the-Door Registration on Friday and you can pay in cash or with a credit card. On Saturday we move the sales to the Photo Op Room. There we allow Cash-Only (exact change is appreciated) transactions once all ticketed Photo Ops have been taken and it is determined that we still have time in the session. Normally we are able to get everyone thru though it's always possible that we might run out of time and people that did not purchase tickets ahead of time would not be able to get them taken.
                              If you get your Photo Op tickets on Friday - you'll be fine and it removes any risk (as remote as it may be) that you would be left out.

Kett
                              Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question. I will purchase my photo ops on Friday at registration.

Comment

OMG! It's July already!!

As long as I can sneak out of work early, I'll see you all at Panera's!

Comment

Working...
                                X