Shore Leave 31 July 10-12,2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News Flash!

For all those who were told by the Marriott's Hunt Valley Inn that there wasn't a waiting list for rooms please call the local number 410-785-7000 (Not the 800 number) and ask for Sue Carr. There IS a waiting list and it's not uncommon for some folks to drop out at the last minute.
    Please do not cancel any reservations with the hotel you have booked with now until you know for sure that a room becomes available at the Marriott. Also check with your hotel to see if or when you can cancel without penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
      There are soda machines in the hotel were the ice machines are. But be forewarned they are a little pricey.
      They always are so I don't mind.
      Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
        Well, unfortunately, you can now count me out. I had feared for several weeks that this would happen, but I finally gave up and cancelled the hotel room tonight.

I'm in charge of a major project at work, and it's all taking place in July. I had hoped the timing of the events would mercifully give me a little free time between the 11th and 14th...but alas, the schedule is now set...and there's just no way for me to get away.

Sigh...say hello to Bob Picardo for me! I've watched every show in which he's ever been a regular, all the way back to China Beach. It would have been fun to meet him.

Maybe another time.

Sigh...I was really looking forward to Shore Leave.
        And we were looking forward to seeing you
        sigpic
        Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
          Honey, you're going to be missed for the second year in a row!
          Originally posted by trupi View Post
          I'll say it again-CRAP!
          Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
          In the words of Hermiod, "Crap indeed". It won't be the same without you and Mr. SG-1fanintn.
          Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
          Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
          And we were looking forward to seeing you
          Thanks, gals! I am exceedingly bummed about this. I was really looking forward to this one.

And I'll tell Mr. sg-1fanintn what you said.

Sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            Thanks, gals! I am exceedingly bummed about this. I was really looking forward to this one.

Sigh...
            Melissa, I am very sorry you won't be able to attend Shore Leave. I know you were really looking forward to it. I will miss getting to see you again and getting an opportunity to get to know you better. I hope we get another chance sometime soon.
            sigpic

Comment

18 Days Till Shore Leave 31!!!!!!!!!

I just got my printer cartridges for my 4 x 6 printer to pack for the con. I also got a pack of Bath and Body Works Anti-Bacterial Hand Towelettes in the Warm Vanilla Sugar scent for the con. They are single packets. So I can put them in my con bag to use when I need them. So let the packing commence.
              Last edited by griffindorgirl; 22 June 2009, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
                Melissa, I am very sorry you won't be able to attend Shore Leave. I know you were really looking forward to it. I will miss getting to see you again and getting an opportunity to get to know you better. I hope we get another chance sometime soon.
                Thank you, Jill!

Comment

18 Days Till Shore Leave 31!!!!!!!!!
                  17 days now.....need to start getting organized.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi40 View Post
                    17 days now.....need to start getting organized.
                    I'm right there with you. I am organizing for my packing now. I still have to figure out what shirts to take. I have narrowed it down to 9. I only can pack 2 and maybe wear one.

Comment

I'm right there with you. I am organizing for my packing now. I still have to figure out what shirts to take. I have narrowed it down to 9. I only can pack 2 and maybe wear one.
                      9 shirts??? I am not sure yet as to what outfits will pack yet.

Comment

9 shirts??? I am not sure yet as to what outfits will pack yet.
                        Various Stargate shirts that I own are the nine shirts. I am wearing jeans all weekend. It is just more comfortable because the air conditioning is usually cranked in the ball room and for crawling on the floor for pictures. I always take pictures on the floor and when wearing shorts one year, I got rug burn. I just washed my sneakers up for the con. They are my favorite pair and I won't wear them again until I leave for the con. I am packing my Cullen crest necklace, my Cullen bracelet,my Cullen crest earrings, my Kara Trace dog tags, and I am wearing my Stargate Atlantis necklace. I figure I might want some different jewelry during the con. So the packing is starting!

Only 16 more days till Shore Leave!!!!!!!
                        Last edited by griffindorgirl; 24 June 2009, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Various Stargate shirts that I own are the nine shirts. I am wearing jeans all weekend. It is just more comfortable because the air conditioning is usually cranked in the ball room and for crawling on the floor for pictures. I always take pictures on the floor and when wearing shorts one year, I got rug burn. I just washed my sneakers up for the con. They are my favorite pair and I won't wear them again until I leave for the con. I am packing my Cullen crest necklace, my Cullen bracelet,my Cullen crest earrings, my Kara Trace dog tags, and I am wearing my Stargate Atlantis necklace. I figure I might want some different jewelry during the con. So the packing is starting!

Only 16 more days till Shore Leave!!!!!!!
                          Ahhh OK. The cons I have been to have been in Nov, and even with the heat on I felt to hot in jeans and a t-shirt. Will most likely wear shorts and sleeveless t's but will bring jeans and a t shirt for cool nights if they have any.

Any more news on Chris H?

Comment

Any more news on Chris H?
                            It's looking good right now. He got the time off from Sanctuary - but then booked a guest shot on something else on Thursday. I've been told that he plans to arrive on Friday, but a little later than the 2pm opening.

Kett

Comment

Thanks for the update Kett! I am so ready for it to be the con. I want to have time off from work and be away from home.

15 Days till Shore Leave!! Yaha1

Comment

My mom wanted to go to the outlet mall for the Lane Bryant outlet. I stopped by the Bass outlet and found this awesome pair of sandals. They are men's with the adjustable Velcro straps. I love them. I am going to wear them for the con and still bring my sneakers along just in case I want to wear them. Happy day today. Just wish it was next Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                                X