No announcement yet.

Shore Leave 31 July 10-12,2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am definitely going to Shore Leave. I just re-confirmed my hotel reservations at the Marriott Hunt Valley Inn. I just wanted to make sure that the special requests for my room are on the reservations. I was in the outer rim of the hotel last year. It was horrible for my mom [2 artificial knees and a bad ankle] to walk that far to the room. So I made sure to make note on the reservations for room up to the front of the hotel and on the first floor. Since I am checking in on Thursday it will probably happen.

I just am hoping that the actor who cancel is not Jason Momoa. I am really looking forward to meeting him and have a photo op with him.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
      The person who canceled is listed on the shore leave site. The original list is on page 34.
      If you mean Jasika Nicole, then no I already know she has cancelled due to a work conflict and been replaced by Vanessa Angel. The vanished post said another actor has cancelled. Now perhaps that isn't definte yet or perhaps they prefer to wait until a replacement is set before announcing the cancelation.

Its not a big deal either way I was just curious that it was here last night and gone today and if it hadn't been quoted I would have thought I had dreamt the whole thing.

Or maybe I did dream it and its whatever that french term is for a delusion shared by two (It was an X-Files episode).

Comment

I thought that was who had canceled.. My guess is CH because of the Twilight movie and Sanctuary being filmed in vancouver.

Comment

We would like to congragulate Michael Welch on getting the lead part in a movie. Unfortunately, that means that Michael has had to cancel his appearance at Shore Leave. Michael's first-ever convention was Shore Leave in 2004 and we will miss having him there this year. However, we are very happy for his success in the Twilight movies and now this new film that will feature his great talents.

We are happy to announce that replacing Michael will be Miracle Laurie. Miracle has been appearing on the new Joss Whedon series Dollhouse as Mellie/November. From what I hear she is a delightully fun guest and we know that we'll enjoy getting to know more about her.

Kett

Comment

Rats I really wanted to meet Michael.
            Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Congrats to Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by Kett1701 View Post
                We would like to congragulate Michael Welch on getting the lead part in a movie. Unfortunately, that means that Michael has had to cancel his appearance at Shore Leave. Michael's first-ever convention was Shore Leave in 2004 and we will miss having him there this year. However, we are very happy for his success in the Twilight movies and now this new film that will feature his great talents.

We are happy to announce that replacing Michael will be Miracle Laurie. Miracle has been appearing on the new Joss Whedon series Dollhouse as Mellie/November. From what I hear she is a delightully fun guest and we know that we'll enjoy getting to know more about her.

Kett
                SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Sorry for those looking forward to Michael but I have to say I am beyond thrilled with Miracle Laurie. Yippee skippee thrilled. I am a huge fan of all things Whedon including Dollhouse and was a little bummed by the fact that there were no Whedon guests this year to attract my Browncoat friends. So now I might be able to persuade some of them to attend. Plus I really really want to meet Miracle so its a win win for me.

Thank you Kett for the fantastic replacement.

Comment

Kett
                  I was looking forward to seeing Michael Welch. It's great that he got a lead part in a movie. I'll just save his scrapbook page and hope to get it signed at a later date

I just started watching Dollhouse on Hulu. I love the show. So Miracle Laurie is a great guest.

Comment

How come Michael is still listed on the web site?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi40 View Post
                      How come Michael is still listed on the web site?
                      I'm guessing that whoever is in charge of the web site hasn't had a chance to change it yet.

Besides clearly we are special and are getting the scoop ahead of the general public.

Or we are being punked.
                      Last edited by aboleyn24; 08 June 2009, 05:19 PM. Reason: Thought of another option.

Comment

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post
                        I'm guessing that whoever is in charge of the web site hasn't had a chance to change it yet.

Besides clearly we are special and are getting the scoop ahead of the general public.

Or we are being punked.
                        Well I hope it is one of the first two and not the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post
                          Or we are being punked.
                          I would never do that. For anyone that doesn't know who I am - I'm a past Con Chair and am still the Guest Relations Chair. That means that if it has to do with the actors in any way -- it's my job. So, if I announce a guest change you can believe it.
                          One problem is that I am on the West Coast and the webmaster is on the East Coast. By the time that I could answer his inquiry Sunday night as to whether or not he should change the site right away - he was sound asleep. I assume that today he had to go to work. He will make the site changes as soon as he is able to. Meanwhile, you get advance notice.

Kett

Comment

I would never do that. For anyone that doesn't know who I am - I'm a past Con Chair and am still the Guest Relations Chair. That means that if it has to do with the actors in any way -- it's my job. So, if I announce a guest change you can believe it.
                            One problem is that I am on the West Coast and the webmaster is on the East Coast. By the time that I could answer his inquiry Sunday night as to whether or not he should change the site right away - he was sound asleep. I assume that today he had to go to work. He will make the site changes as soon as he is able to. Meanwhile, you get advance notice.

Kett
                            Sorry I should have included a smilie, I know we weren't being punked, I was just attempting humor. Failed miserably I see.

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                              Soon it will be time to begin the countdown until Shore Leave 31
                              Shoot I've been counting down since May
                              Purple's Biggest Fan
                              A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Originally posted by Blue007 View Post
                                Shoot I've been counting down since May
                                I've been counting down since January. Everyone that I work with knows when the con is. I just have to remember to remind my manger Tiffany to put in my vacation time request. The con falls right in the middle of a pay period. So that should be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X