The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
    omg that's bad!!! *huggles* I hope it;s all fixed now!!!
    It is, thanks, but I seem to have lost my Gimping mojo atm So I'm going to get an early night, ready for all the pc printing I'll be doing tomorrow. I'm thinking it will be a bit weird to see it all actually on paper in stead of on the screen

Originally posted by madaline_7 View Post
    Hey! I just wanted to say Thanks to everybody. Seriously! Without everyone's helpfulness... I would have felt lost.

And thank you for bringing a wonderful program into my life. I am a scrapbooker... and GIMP is going to help so much with that.

So thanks you guys for making this lurker de-lurk and bringing me into the fold!
    We're glad you did de-lurk and join us Madaline, and we've all been helping each other

Comment

Hey! I just wanted to say Thanks to everybody. Seriously! Without everyone's helpfulness... I would have felt lost.

And thank you for bringing a wonderful program into my life. I am a scrapbooker... and GIMP is going to help so much with that.

So thanks you guys for making this lurker de-lurk and bringing me into the fold!
      Ya for de-lurking (((((Mada)))))

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      It is, thanks, but I seem to have lost my Gimping mojo atm So I'm going to get an early night, ready for all the pc printing I'll be doing tomorrow. I'm thinking it will be a bit weird to see it all actually on paper in stead of on the screen
      (((((Jumble))))) don't lost your mojo! And can you make photo of all pc's? I want to se all of them
      sigpic

Comment

I just had the worst nightmare ever Gimp went completely crazy on me, wouldn't let me use brushes, wouldn't let me delete brushes, wouldn't let me add brushes, wouldn't let me refresh brushes, nuthin' In the end it froze up completely, so I had to *takes deep breath* completely uninstall it

Re-installed, had the same problem. All the brushes I had previously installed were still there, which they shouldn't have been. In desperation, I downloaded Gimp 2.0, installed it, and *phew* it has only the basic brushes, so I'm hoping that's sorted it out! Boy, was that scary! What would I do without Gimp?

So now I'm off to check that the brushes are working, and that it will let me add the MOP penguin at least. Everybody cross your fingers..............
        (((((((((((Jumble)))))))))))
        Glad it's working again now! And I think I'm going to stay nice and happy with my Gimp 2.4.5 in that case

((((((((((Madaline))))))))))) Glad you delurked too! I love that the GimPS family is growing ever larger and more talented the whole time thanks to this thread!
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Jann made new siggy...with new lappy ...is it good???
          sigpic

Comment

Very good!!!
            sigpic

Comment

It is gooooooood
              *thunks and drools*
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks!!! Both of you only minus is that I had to do it with the touchpad instead of with a mouse...annoying But otherwise JAnn loves lappy...and CS3 is awesome!! Very organised...and some funny tools in it...that I haven't used yet but will use soon
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks!!! Both of you only minus is that I had to do it with the touchpad instead of with a mouse...annoying But otherwise JAnn loves lappy...and CS3 is awesome!! Very organised...and some funny tools in it...that I haven't used yet but will use soon
                  Love it! *sigh*
                  Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                  You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Hi Lovelies I made a new MOP sig

You like?

*stares at Jann's new sig and thunks* Is it bad that I'm thunking Jann's art skills MORE than I am thunking Jack?
                    sigpic

Comment

Jasmina - I adore your jigsaw pc! *snurches brushes*

AA - I love your b&w penguins!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant

btw Didn't someone say that PS brushes could be used in Gimp? I can't get them to work, maybe I'm doing something wrong, or it was one of those posts that I 'dreamt'
                      (((Jumble!))) Is everything ok now with your Gimp? Did you get your PS brushes working?

Re versions of Gimp - I always go for the latest stable version. The other word scares me. (Unless we're talking about the lunatic fringe )

Very well said about sending stuff and how everyone's contribution matters to the MOP campaign. I hunted up the price for sending postcards from the UK, its 56p each. I'll be sending a couple each week too from now until end July. I'm gonna have to come up with more designs

I've forgotten what else I was gonna say.............
                      oh yes! remembering....

Bekki, love your new sig! I really like your style.

Jann - I love your new Jack sig *but I loved your old one more*

Kitten - Your sig looks even better as a pc
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rmationsig.jpg

You like?

*stares at Jann's new sig and thunks* Is it bad that I'm thunking Jann's art skills MORE than I am thunking Jack?

Love the sig Bekki!
                        Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                        You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

You like?
                          I really like it!!! Really good and love the pictures/blending!

. and rofl...I think you thunk Jack more without knowing it!

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                          Jann - I love your new Jack sig *but I loved your old one more*
                          I like that one better too, but that's one of the better ones I've made( IMHO) But thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

You like?
                            Love it Bekki

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                            (((Jumble!))) Is everything ok now with your Gimp? Did you get your PS brushes working?

Re versions of Gimp - I always go for the latest stable version. The other word scares me. (Unless we're talking about the lunatic fringe )

Very well said about sending stuff and how everyone's contribution matters to the MOP campaign. I hunted up the price for sending postcards from the UK, its 56p each. I'll be sending a couple each week too from now until end July. I'm gonna have to come up with more designs
                            I think it was trying to load the PS brushes that blew it, completely freaked the whole program out but I'm back in action now with the basic 2.4 version *happy dance*

Just a word of warning about the postage costs from UK - 56p is for cards up to 10g. Larger ones (up to 20g) cost 81p. So if you don't have a way of checking the weight just stick to 6" x 4" or less and you'll be safe at 56p

Comment

You like?

Love it!

And no, not bad, I totally fangirl Jann's art too!
                              *bows down in awe*
                              sigpic

Comment

I made a black and white postcard, in the hopes of being printer-friendly...as it turns out, I don't know how friendly it is, but here it is anyhow

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X