No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oma, any neat-o effects in my fonts is totally accidental.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
      Hmmm, i've had a quick look on livejournal and searched using google, but got nothing. If you've got any jpg images I could convert them to brushes for you.
      Thanks, but I've given up for now. Been faffing about with this for a couple of hours, not sure if I like the result

Just didn't come out the way I had it in my head Maybe I can do better with it tomorrow, there's always tomorrow Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        ROFL! I know that scenario really well

Comment

LOL, that's how I've found just about everything I know too

All this talk with jumble and krissie over the last few days about stuff from when they started got me hunting through some old stuff, and I thought I might re-make one of my old faves...

Here's the old one (this was my 3rd wallpaper - the first time I tried blending images together)

And here's the new one - with a MOP twist

Edit: LOL! That didn't come out right
          That's better
          Last edited by Oma-1; 02 May 2008, 03:24 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

LOL, that's how I've found just about everything I know too

All this talk with jumble and krissie over the last few days about stuff from when they started got me hunting through some old stuff, and I thought I might re-make one of my old faves...

Here's the old one (this was my 3rd wallpaper - the first time I tried blending images together)

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9072/hopesdreamseg6.th.png

And here's the new one - with a MOP twist

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7753/hopesanddreamsbc1.th.png

Edit: LOL! That didn't come out right
            That's better
            Dare I say it? I like the first one Maybe its a little unpolished, but I like it!

Comment

I still really like it too. In fact, I prefer to the second one Sometimes simpler is better The new one I just couldn't get to look how I envisoned it. *shrugs*
              sigpic

Comment

Ok, so this one took me all of five minutes! It's weird how some take forever and some, no time at all. I like this better than the 'kisses' one, which took ages, what do you think?

Comment

OK, Layers 101

The great thing about gimp and other photo manip programs is that you can use different layers to build up your pic. Think cake (everybody loves cake ). Sponge, jam, cream, more sponge, icing sugar....it all adds up to yummy stuff. Same with the pics. You start with the base layer and then add stuff on top.
                  Ogres are like onions.

*drooool, THUNK* Oh, that gorgeous, gorgeous man!

My latest efforts:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...k/jackeyes.jpg

I do tend to build dark sigs. I enjoy the look of the lighter sigs, but when I'm actually in GIMP, I just...want it darker. Hm. And I love the texture I used...I like the grainy look it lends.

I think I'm falling behind the rest of you, though! My work is not progressing nearly as quickly as the rest of the class's!
                  Whoa!! *eyes go in and out like cartoon character* That's GORGEOUS, Luvnjack!!

Oh, and congrats on your anniversary!

Oh, I wouldn't say that! I love this new sig!!!! My Jack stuff always tend to have a dark background too. Makes him look sexier I think

I have question for you...is it just the texture you used that is darker on one side than the other, or have you found a way to put a transparency gradient on a layer??????
                  What do you mean by transparency gradient? I often use a gradient with foreground to transparency, but I don't think that's what you mean...
                  sigpic

Comment

Hehe, I had fun with this one.

sigpic

Comment

Guess I forgot to post this one here...I made it today, and I am quite pleased with how it turned out. Great brushes and awesome fonts help so much! And having such a hot man to use as a subject doesn't hurt either!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolatequeen View Post
                        Ogres are like onions.

Whoa!! *eyes go in and out like cartoon character* That's GORGEOUS, Luvnjack!!

Oh, and congrats on your anniversary!

What do you mean by transparency gradient? I often use a gradient with foreground to transparency, but I don't think that's what you mean...
                        I was looking in gimp at the gradient function, which lets you use colour to transparency, and wondered if there was a function where you could put a transparency effect on a layer where it was fully visible at one end, merging to fully transparent at the other. The effect would be similar to using the feathering gradient at 100%, only on a larger scale, and much simpler to use - if it actually exists

I love that picture of Jack. He looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders...which I guess he literally does. *sigh* I just wanna hug him.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was looking in gimp at the gradient function, which lets you use colour to transparency, and wondered if there was a function where you could put a transparency effect on a layer where it was fully visible at one end, merging to fully transparent at the other. The effect would be similar to using the feathering gradient at 100%, only on a larger scale, and much simpler to use - if it actually exists

I love that picture of Jack. He looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders...which I guess he literally does. *sigh* I just wanna hug him.
                          Me too! (((Jack)))
                          sigpic

Comment

Lovely job CQ

Me too! (((Jack)))
                            Your 'The look in your eyes' sig just made me catch my breath! I mean, the look in his eyes............*sigh*

Comment

OMG CQ I love this!!!
                              *sings*
                              Wish I could green you but I'm all out

Huh, just realised there's some Sam in those lyrics... just wait until she gets promoted there:

I'm very well acquainted too with matters mathematical,
                              I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,
                              About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news---
                              With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.

Imagine her face if Jack sang that to her
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hi, all artwork is beautiful. I want to share my last attemp as well

Comment

Working...
                                X