X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
    Aha! Caught you Nathan!

I AM CANADIAN!

You are the Ausie, right? Did you know that you are upside down? (giggle)
    eh? I'm practising being Canadian, but the British accent always gives me away!!

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
    Now that you are involved in "the community" you'll find things different next time. Sure row Q sucked but it's more about the fans than the actors. Ok sure the actors are there but it's the non-con stuff that gets talked about more

No they didn't, they just pretended they did. Notice how many tickets went up on eBay just before the con? They held back several to create increased demand then tried to profit on that even further by auctioning off the remaining tickets. Shame for them not many sold...

Very true! The atmosphere at the con is fantastic and being able to share your love of this wonderful show with like minded people is worth going for. I sat in a bad seat, row N right by the open doors, but it was the people you met and talked to that added to the experience.

I have to say I did wonder about those tickets, row S??? I don’t remember seeing a row S at the con! I was row N and there were only 3/4 rows behind me, hmmm. Was this like the mysterious missing 13th floor at some hotels?!

Originally posted by FaithStars View Post
    Hi Guys!

You know, I've never been to a convention before. I never really felt the need. However, I have been reading about how wonderful and how much fun these Vancouver cons are and it really gets me in the mood...uh....er....to go to the convention
    I felt the same way, thought I’d never go to a convention. I started reading the Vancouver 2007 thread and got to know more people on there and felt I would actually dare to go, all by myself as well! So I bought my ticket on ebay 2 weeks before and went forth to meet people I had sort of met already on line and ended up having a fantastic time. So go for it, I did and it was the best thing I’ve done in a long time.

I may decide at the 11th hour again to go to 2008, who knows! Although the money will be needed for another event..... It's our silver wedding anniversary next year and we are still deciding where we want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE View Post
      Ummm...how about GOLD and in Egyptian ??

or maybe in ORI if the Ori has their own alphabeth that is, but I'm not really into Ori-thingys...
      Egyptian = hieroglyphics if you go the ancient egyptian route. Modern egyptian, don't know what the language is (believe it or not) but wouldn't it be arabic or something?

The Ori language is a good suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith View Post
        Egyptian = hieroglyphics if you go the ancient egyptian route. Modern egyptian, don't know what the language is (believe it or not) but wouldn't it be arabic or something?

The Ori language is a good suggestion.

Modern Egyptian is mostly Arabic with a few other dialects thrown in. I like the ancient Egyptian idea. The hyrogliphics look cool IMHO.

As for colours, the previous banners were red and blue??? How 'bout gold for the writing and black for the background.
        sigpic

Comment

black and gold in hieroglyphs.

ok i can do that.

AG i am aussie indeed. i'm not upside down, just down under. ... and uhh err if i could think of anything witty to say right now i would! so ner!

Comment

here is one.

it needs work but it's a start

Comment

YAY! thanks Nathan
              sigpic
              sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by thephoenix77 View Post
                sorry - meant her "normal" not GW name...don;t remember "Chelle" though so maybe not then... was a unsure rookie (1st con and all..)
                Her real name is Chelle, too! Come on, Jen, Kliggs! Back me up here!

here is one.

I think it's perfect the way it is, Nathan! You so rock! (And paper and scissors, too!)

Comment

Cool cool.

The hieroglyphs spell out vancouver that's why they are the symbols/shapes they are.

Before anyone says it - they probably don't really say it, but the font I have with them on it, that's what they translate too

Comment

Cool cool.

The hieroglyphs spell out vancouver that's why they are the symbols/shapes they are.

Before anyone says it - they probably don't really say it, but the font I have with them on it, that's what they translate too
                    I figured it was just a font... 'cause in heiroglyphics, each symbol usually represents a complete word I'm doing some tweaking to mine so it'll fit in my sig

Comment

here is one.

Love the banner! Now just gotta get tickets so I can add it to my sig....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cute_az_can_be View Post
                        I may pass out from exhaustion but who cares. I upgraded and I went from G26 to D22 omg SQUEE I am so excited!!! 2008 can't come soon enough

-JJ
                        You'll be right behind me! I went form L27 to C22!

Now hopefully I'll actually be able to go, but if it comes down to a choice between AT3 and Vancouver, AT3 will win hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                          You'll be right behind me! I went form L27 to C22!

Now hopefully I'll actually be able to go, but if it comes down to a choice between AT3 and Vancouver, AT3 will win hands down.
                          OMG... that is an awesome seat! If you have to ditch Vancouver for AT3, CALL ME IMMEDIATELY!!! I'll buy your ticket for CASH
                          *kisses a315* See you in 12 or 13 days

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                            OMG... that is an awesome seat! If you have to ditch Vancouver for AT3, CALL ME IMMEDIATELY!!! I'll buy your ticket for CASH
                            *kisses a315* See you in 12 or 13 days
                            OK, you got first dibbs on my seat if I can't go. Hopefully I'll be able to pull both trips off though. I am not worried so much about the money, it's the time off work that is going to be tricky. If I go to AT3, I will want at least a week extra to just be in the UK/Ireland/Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                              OK, you got first dibbs on my seat if I can't go. Hopefully I'll be able to pull both trips off though. I am not worried so much about the money, it's the time off work that is going to be tricky. If I go to AT3, I will want at least a week extra to just be in the UK/Ireland/Scotland.
                              I would, too, if I were you... or a month I know how much you wanna meet AT and see Ireland, so.... *hugs a315* Don't sweat it either way. You can wait as long as possible on the vacation time thing. I'll get a ticket when I can and we'll work out whatever we need to in order to make everything work out for you. I've been to Vancouver AND met Amanda already, so....

Comment

Awsome banner Nathan I am gonna keep it handy in case I do make it to Vancouver next year
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X