No announcement yet.

2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That'll be cool! I missed '05 'cause I had just returned from a con trip to Australia which pretty much tapped me out for the year. Made it the next year (duh ) and really wanna go next year. It's kinda hard to forget people like Jen, Erin and DJF! I'm sure you met Chelle and her sis, too. [/QUOTE]

not so sure about Chelle - would have to see a pic or know their "handles" -whosto say....definitely looking forward to 2008.....is it too early to start counting the days....(not to early to start saving for the expenditures!)

HOW DO YOU PUT BOX AROUND THE QUOTE?
    Last edited by thephoenix77; 28 March 2007, 09:18 PM. Reason: help needed..
    thephoenix77

Comment

Originally posted by thephoenix77 View Post
      That'll be cool! I missed '05 'cause I had just returned from a con trip to Australia which pretty much tapped me out for the year. Made it the next year (duh ) and really wanna go next year. It's kinda hard to forget people like Jen, Erin and DJF! I'm sure you met Chelle and her sis, too.

not so sure about Chelle - would have to see a pic or know their "handles" -whosto say....definitely looking forward to 2008.....is it too early to start counting the days....(not to early to start saving for the expenditures!)

HOW DO YOU PUT BOX AROUND THE QUOTE?[/QUOTE]

use the quote tags. (quote) and (/quote). Replace "()" with "[]".

I've made up my mind to grace you all with my clueless wraithiness. For those who went to the 2006 con, you know who i is!

Comment

uh oh!

it'd be great to be wraithed again (er, assuming my cunning plan goes well *Dr Evil finger stroking* )

Comment

Originally posted by thephoenix77 View Post
          Her handle here is Chelle!

Originally posted by TechnoWraith View Post
          HOW DO YOU PUT BOX AROUND THE QUOTE?
          Hey, TW! An easier way is just to click the quote button at the bottom of the post you're quoting.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Have been thinking about the Vancouver Con for 2008... Have a couple of questions:
            Is there a line-up in place? if so, who?
            It's over 4 days....Is there a deal in place with the hotel (I presume so)
            I'll be travelling from Ireland, so it's usually a week return, in which case, I'll be loose for an extra 3 days..was thinking of basing myself in the con hotel for the other days... Do they continue any special con rate for those extra days or does it resume to the usual (presumably higher rate)??

Many thanks Guys

Paul
            "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
            Sara O' Neill's father;
            COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
              Hi Everyone

Have been thinking about the Vancouver Con for 2008... Have a couple of questions:
              I'll be travelling from Ireland, so it's usually a week return, in which case, I'll be loose for an extra 3 days..was thinking of basing myself in the con hotel for the other days... Do they continue any special con rate for those extra days or does it resume to the usual (presumably higher rate)??

Many thanks Guys

Paul
              There's no line-up yet. Just keep an eye on the Creation site.

Creation usually works out a deal with the hotel. Again, this will be mentioned on the Creation site, when they start to put up the info for the 2008 con.

As for the extra days, I don't know. My roomie usually set up the reservations and I paid her for the nights I was in the room.
              No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                Her handle here is Chelle!

Hey, TW! An easier way is just to click the quote button at the bottom of the post you're quoting.

sorry - meant her "normal" not GW name...don;t remember "Chelle" though so maybe not then... was a unsure rookie (1st con and all..)
                thephoenix77

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite View Post
                  Which seat? I'll be A12.

A3. I was this year B4 and I think 2009 I get a seat more in the middle. But A3 is ok, the guest is looking to the microphone. So I can take good photos.
                  *Vancouver Con Attendee 2006* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2007*
                  *Vancouver Con Attendee 2008* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2009*
                  *Vancouver Con Attendee 2010* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2011*

* Vancouver Con Attendee 2012 *

Comment

The Hilton starts taking reservations for next year's con starting in May. You need to mention you're reserving for the 2008 Stargate Convention when you book.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                      Okay banner thingy will be done soon. So 2006 was blue and in Gau'old. 2007 was red and in Ancient. Any ideas on colours and font style for 2008?
                      Rats. I just had a great answer to your question above, but unfortunately I had remembered your comment as asking about language rather than colors and fonts...

Oh well. Do you want to know what my "brilliant" answer was? Ok, first you have to imagine that your question was: "Any ideas on colours and language for 2008?"

Spoiler:
                      Answer: How about Canadian?

All right...everyone GROAN together now! Ok, ok - I know it wasn't worth the big buildup, but I'm bored and don't feel well, so what do you expect?

Waiting for Nathan's 2008 creation.
                      OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Originally posted by OregonJen View Post
                        Rats. I just had a great answer to your question above, but unfortunately I had remembered your comment as asking about language rather than colors and fonts...

Oh well. Do you want to know what my "brilliant" answer was? Ok, first you have to imagine that your question was: "Any ideas on colours and language for 2008?"

Spoiler:
                        Answer: How about Canadian?

All right...everyone GROAN together now! Ok, ok - I know it wasn't worth the big buildup, but I'm bored and don't feel well, so what do you expect?

Waiting for Nathan's 2008 creation.
                        *groan*

Canadian eh!
                        I'll see what I can do aboot it then. Eh!

Comment

*groan*

Canadian eh!
                          Awww....See, I knew I could count on you, Nathan!!
                          OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
                            Hi Everyone

Many thanks Guys

Paul
                            For this con, I booked as soon as rooms were available. I ended up booking two rooms, the first room was at the con rate due to the fact it was less than a week and during "official con days", the second room was for a week and I got a better rate. So when the time comes ask about both so you can get the best rate.
                            sigpic
                            Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

*groan*

Canadian eh!
                              Aha! Caught you Nathan!

I AM CANADIAN!

You are the Ausie, right? Did you know that you are upside down? (giggle)
                              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Okay banner thingy will be done soon. So 2006 was blue and in Gau'old. 2007 was red and in Ancient. Any ideas on colours and font style for 2008?
                                Ummm...how about GOLD and in Egyptian ??

or maybe in ORI if the Ori has their own alphabeth that is, but I'm not really into Ori-thingys...
                                sigpic
                                sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Working...
                                X