No announcement yet.

2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly I don't think I'm going to be at the 2008 Con It's muchos money, and it's only fair that we go on a whole-family vacation next year (boo!). Anyways, I will be there almost definitely in 2009. In the meantime...I think I'll chill here with all you awesome people and live vicariously through you

Comment

Hi all! *wave* I've been lurking around for a while and finally got around to registering. I'll be coming in 2008, in fact I've been planning it for like half a year now. So nice to know I'm not the only one who plans so way ahead.

Right now, just waiting for those tickets to go on sale so I can get one already!! I've been obsessively checking creationent's website since sunday evening.
      EDIT: I'd e-mailed creation about the tickets (i know, impatient much?) and they said they guessed they'd go up for sale in a week or so.
      Last edited by Christmaslight; 27 March 2007, 11:29 AM.
      Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.

Comment

Ooh, decisons...

I've already bought P3 tickets for next year, as that is more my speed as it's 100% Atlantis. I doubt Hewlett will be back to this one in 08, unless he's still plugging his movie.

But I had a blast this weekend! I'm still coming down from it. I decided to give it a month, then see. I just hope they still have gold tickets. My seat (O14) kinda sucked, but I was still close enough to see the action.
        sigpic
        Sig by im_meli
        More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
          Oh, yes Please. Anyone who remembers from previous years when abouts they went on sale or if they are already on sale, where to get them from. Anyone know what different types of tickets there are? I'm assuming the gold one is the best, and most expensive.

thats a yes Kate... gold is the best.. we have a lot of options with 'em

me thinks im gonns a be smart and start savin now
          sigpic

Comment

I GOT A JOB!! Not the greatest...part-time, $7/hour starting, grocery store cashier/checker, but at least it's a start..it will keep those loan sharks happy...but I am going to continue to apply and if I get a better job, I will take it even if I work at the grocery store only a month...at least it is a start while I continue looking
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
              thats a yes Kate... gold is the best.. we have a lot of options with 'em

me thinks im gonns a be smart and start savin now
              You do that....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Christmaslight View Post
                EDIT: I'd e-mailed creation about the tickets (i know, impatient much?) and they said they guessed they'd go up for sale in a week or so.
                Cool! You let us know here as soon as you see that they're available, 'k?

Comment

Originally posted by cute_az_can_be View Post
                  I may pass out from exhaustion but who cares. I upgraded and I went from G26 to D22 omg SQUEE I am so excited!!! 2008 can't come soon enough

-JJ
                  If you're already in row D, that makes me.... row.... sucky!! I don't want to buy them before I am sure I can go, but I don't want to wait too long and get a crappy seat either!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4prettierships View Post
                    If you're already in row D, that makes me.... row.... sucky!! I don't want to buy them before I am sure I can go, but I don't want to wait too long and get a crappy seat either!!!
                    Do you have "room" on a credit card? Or do you have a relative or good friend who can buy the ticket for you and you can spend several months paying back? (That's how my friend's paying for her room in Vegas this summer ) You can get your ticket quickly (and *crosses fingers* get a good seat) and still pay over time.

Keep in mind that Creation has a few HUNDRED seats to fill and even if you wait until July to buy your ticket, you'll probably be okay.

Comment

course for this last con...creation had said on their website, that it sold out of gold tickets 3 months after the 2006 con so, even if you wait till July...i don't recommend prolly waiting any longer
                      sigpic

Comment

ah! I went to the Vancouver Convention 2007 and was kind of ... well, see, I loved the actors and the set tours, but there was so much waiting and no fillers to pass the time! They seemed extremely dissorganized... but the people were very nice there! But looking back on it now, I did have a fairly good time!

And because of this convention I'm actually getting involved in the Stargate community! yay! Maybe I should start saving my pennies to go next year.... and get better seats! I was in row Q... which really sucked for my first convention... but hey! Here's to maybe going and seeing you all there in 2008!
                        Yay for Canadian Geeks!
                        PM me if you wanna chat!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, row "Q" would suck...

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress View Post
                          course for this last con...creation had said on their website, that it sold out of gold tickets 3 months after the 2006 con so, even if you wait till July...i don't recommend prolly waiting any longer
                          I doubt that Creation actually sold out by July last year
                          They usually take several months... especially if the sales are going fairly well.
                          I know that last year, there were only about 14 Gold Ticket rows, and this year, they seem to have expanded to accommodate the demand. They do that pretty well.

As for "organisation", Creation's been doing conventions for decades now, so they're about the best you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post

I doubt that Creation actually sold out by July last year
                            They usually take several months... especially if the sales are going fairly well.
                            I know that last year, there were only about 14 Gold Ticket rows, and this year, they seem to have expanded to accommodate the demand. They do that pretty well.

As for "organisation", Creation's been doing conventions for decades now, so they're about the best you can get.
                            Lol, well, unfortunately Creation really DID sell out of Gold Tickets in July of last year. Preferred tickets stayed on sale until about November if I'm not mistaken. It was the 10th Anniversary, so they sold pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE View Post
                              Hey!... what the hey, I've upgraded and hopefully can attend VanCon 2008, but I got my seat number.. so YAY!

Nathan... it'll be good to see you again... and I know some people that we saw on 2006 already signed up for 2008, so pleaseeee make that cute little banner or whatever their name is for VanCon 2008 (like the one on my sig for 2007).
                              Okay banner thingy will be done soon. So 2006 was blue and in Gau'old. 2007 was red and in Ancient. Any ideas on colours and font style for 2008?
                              Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                              Oh good - then there's room to lie under your chairs and angle the camera upwards!

*ponders what photos might look like* hmmmmm - depends what you're trying to photograph right? *looks innocent*
                              ... um ... and they said kiwis were a shy bunch.
                              Originally posted by LA-Gater View Post
                              *bounces around* i wanna go i wanna go i wanna go!!!! i am already putting money aside for next year.. if i have enough by the end of summer i definately am going/coming back!!! i really really really really want to go to the 2008 con!
                              I like your attitude young man/lady! (please circle appropriate gender)
                              Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                              Oh, yes Please. Anyone who remembers from previous years when abouts they went on sale or if they are already on sale, where to get them from. Anyone know what different types of tickets there are? I'm assuming the gold one is the best, and most expensive.
                              About a week after the 2006 con ended they had the tickets for 2007 on sale.
                              Originally posted by cute_az_can_be View Post
                              I may pass out from exhaustion but who cares. I upgraded and I went from G26 to D22 omg SQUEE I am so excited!!! 2008 can't come soon enough

-JJ
                              You know if I get there next year, this time I'll manage to say hello to you. I still can't beleive we were on the same set tour in 2006 and never knew said a word to each other.
                              Originally posted by panikin View Post
                              ah! I went to the Vancouver Convention 2007 and was kind of ... well, see, I loved the actors and the set tours, but there was so much waiting and no fillers to pass the time! They seemed extremely dissorganized... but the people were very nice there! But looking back on it now, I did have a fairly good time!

And because of this convention I'm actually getting involved in the Stargate community! yay! Maybe I should start saving my pennies to go next year.... and get better seats! I was in row Q... which really sucked for my first convention... but hey! Here's to maybe going and seeing you all there in 2008!
                              Now that you are involved in "the community" you'll find things different next time. Sure row Q sucked but it's more about the fans than the actors. Ok sure the actors are there but it's the non-con stuff that gets talked about more
                              Originally posted by Triskele925 View Post
                              Lol, well, unfortunately Creation really DID sell out of Gold Tickets in July of last year. Preferred tickets stayed on sale until about November if I'm not mistaken. It was the 10th Anniversary, so they sold pretty quickly.
                              No they didn't, they just pretended they did. Notice how many tickets went up on eBay just before the con? They held back several to create increased demand then tried to profit on that even further by auctioning off the remaining tickets. Shame for them not many sold...

Comment

Originally posted by 4prettierships View Post
                                Okay for Vancouver Con 2006 I bought my tickets in the December before the con and got G33. Then this past year for 07 they released the tickets much earlier I bought them about a month after they went on sale and got G26 so yeah luck of the draw. No matter where you sit you'll still have a blast and hey people do sell their tickets close to the con since I was very close to moving up from G had I been quicker to PM people lol.

Keep saving you'll get great seats. and hey if worse comes to worse scheduling wise there is always someone willing to buy your ticket off of you (not trying to be negative but at least you have that opportunity at worse case scenario).

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Working...
                                X