Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin Gero Appreciation Thread (spoilers for everything)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the Gemini nom, Martin. I'll get to work on that voodoo doll to help.... encourage a win for ya.

Comment

There gonna win anyway they dont need help
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

I already loved Martin plenty, but now that Rainbow has mentioned in his recent blog entry that Martin has always been in his corner, I love him even more! Martin Gero has the F.O.R.D. seal of approval, for sure!
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Hell yeah! Martin rocks. And he makes a pretty nice tour guide, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Hell yeah! Martin rocks. And he makes a pretty nice tour guide, too.
            Okay, now you're just gloating.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
              Okay, now you're just gloating.
              Moi?? Gloating?? Would I do that?? *flutters eyelashes*

I'm just saying he can think on his feet as well as thinking onto a page. The two don't always go together. lol

Can't wait for Grace Under Pressure. Hopefully it'll prove to folks that it isn't just a Grace rewrite... it's way more BETTER.

I still think someone should flog whoever said that it was "McKay's Grace." Talk about negatively biasing your audience.

I hope Martin's gonna be at the dinner again in March. I'll be sure to harrass him more this time around. Assuming, of course, that he hasn't issued a restraining order against me by then.

Ya know, it's too bad G-man doesn't have a blog. I bet it'd kick those other blogs right outta the water. Even if it was only updated infrequently.... *cough*

I'm just sayin'...
              Last edited by ShadowMaat; 13 October 2005, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I thought I post to this thread since I got my SGA S1 DVD boxset and have been listenning to the lovely Mr Gero commenting! Plus, he mentioned a couple of times that he does ocassionally grace our forums (reads our comments blah blah blah).

Here are some of my wishywashy thoughts...

Firstly, Mr Gero, you have a lovely voice. It's been so long since I could fall asleep to a voice as soothing as yours. I don't think, since a few years ago (no I'm not that old!) in Uni have I been able to fall asleep to a voice. You rival some of my former anatomy lecturers in the soothing department!

In all seriousness, I do enjoy listening to you comment on those DVDs. I had no idea until then that you'd wrote so many episodes. You write lovely stuff for D Hewlett and pls keep him in horribly uncomfortable situations - it's fun! Hope you write more episodesfor S3.

I suppose I really had no idea how much of McKay is Brad and Rob and the writers - and I'm suitably impressed!

OK, I'm going to stop now before I drive everyone else mad - I can just see the Gould Lord stepping in and telling me I'm too mushy or something!

Alex

Comment

Oh, I've met Martin in person. I know all about the Voice and the Smile and mushy thoughts, but I'm usually too self-censoring to comment much on it. At least on this thread. After all, I'm hoping for a better chat next time, and that'll be hard to do if he issues a restraining order against me.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Oh, I've met Martin in person. I know all about the Voice and the Smile and mushy thoughts, but I'm usually too self-censoring to comment much on it. At least on this thread. After all, I'm hoping for a better chat next time, and that'll be hard to do if he issues a restraining order against me.
                    Oh you are one lucky gal, Shadow!!!! You've met "the voice"? Pity about the restraining order!

Thankfully I'm all the way over here in the land down under... I can only resort to listening to such sweetness to put me to sleep. There's nothing quite like turning on your tv, inserting a DVD and falling asleep to a bunch of guys commenting to a scifi series! My brother thinks I'm nuts, but me, oh, I'm so hooked on that voice! I vote to have more Martin commenting for S2!!!! (not that I think anyone would listen to little old me all the way here in some country far far away... )

Comment

In addition to thunk- I mean, appreciating Martin and his lovely voice here, you should try harrass- I mean, discussing your "more Martin" idea over in Ivon Bartok's blog. Ivon's another sweetheart of a guy (never met him, but I saw his parking space) and he's also the dude who puts together all the extras and goodies on the DVDs.

Comment

Just wanted to say (before rotten tomatoes are thrown at me...)

Loved Coup d'Etat! The lines made me laugh my guts out and I love those geeky yellow bono-looking glasses (cheers to wardrobe!)...

Lt Col Errand Boy??? Bahaha!

At least Rodney nearly shot someone this time... maybe by season 3 or 4, he'll actually hit a target!

Thanks for giving more lines to Ronon - about time, I say! And great writing for Elizabeth and Teyla too. Ooh and I loved Lorne (pls give the guy a first name!).

Paul/Carson in scrubs - it's a better look to the hazmat suit.

Martin, how do you get to be so awesome?
                        Last edited by mcalex22; 10 January 2006, 03:51 PM.

Comment

totally agree!

Martin knows how to deal with Characters, he knows the show and looks like he really cares about writing for SGA!

He's definitively my favorite, I wish he was the main writer....
                          *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*
                          Je me souviens

Comment

Originally posted by dark_faith
                            totally agree!

Martin knows how to deal with Characters, he knows the show and looks like he really cares about writing for SGA!

He's definitively my favorite, I wish he was the main writer....
                            I watch for the characters and love them all. I think this is why I like Martin's work so much -- he can combine all of the sci-fi stuff, humor, action, etc. with such great character moments. Love it!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
                              Ooh and I loved Lorne (pls give the guy a first name!).
                              He does have a first name, it's Marcus.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

i agree that Lorne has a first name... Marcus!!!!!!

Martin is so AWESOME when writing for the characters
                                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Working...
                                X