Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin Gero Appreciation Thread (spoilers for everything)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duet made me a fan of Hewlett. Well done all around.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      LOL, well, you stick with the writing and I'll stick with the vidding!
      The downside of that is that my fics aren't exactly something I can share with Martin. *dramatic sigh* Which I guess is one of the reasons I started this thread: it's a way for us poor, piddly little non-vidders to let Martin know we care.

Comment

You can PM him a link
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

TPTB are legally prohibited from reading fics. I'm not gonna try and get him into trouble, even if he's smart enough not to read it.

He already knows about this thread () and hopefully he'll get a chance to check out Marimba's vid.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            You can PM him a link
            Which he is not legally allowed to read... =(

Ace
            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              The downside of that is that my fics aren't exactly something I can share with Martin. *dramatic sigh* Which I guess is one of the reasons I started this thread: it's a way for us poor, piddly little non-vidders to let Martin know we care.
              I always thought it majorly sucked that the PTB can't read fanfic, even if I do understand why. I'm glad to have fanfic writers though--gives me something to read to stave off the withdrawals! And it's definitely better that you write the fanfic lol, I'm not much of a writer (except when it comes to PWP, that I can do ). So I'll stick with the occasional vid and leave the fanfic to those who are much more adept at it than I.
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

TPTB are legally prohibited from reading fics.
                Why is that?
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  Why is that?
                  There's been a few cases of writers getting sued by fanfic authors for plaigurism (sort of ironic but somehow it's happened, they may not have won but they tend to end up spoiling it for everyone in whichever fandom it's happened in) and so it's just standard policy that writers/authors can't read it and therefore can avoid being sued. It's a bit like not accepting unsolicited scripts etc.

So the point is it's not good to mention fanfic, fan vids and other legally ambigious fan activities to officials or writers for shows etc, incase it ruins it for the whole fandom - if MGM (or whichever company is relevant) don't know about a fanfic site or whatever it is they'll leave it alone generally speaking but if somebody tried to get it recognised and brings such things to their attention it might mean the company would feel like it had to protect it's rights and shut things down.

Comment

wandering OT a bit, but I LOVED the vid marimba
                    I knew I knew the music, had to to looking in iTunes to figure out what it was (Cold Case theme for those who care ). In fact I like the music so much I'm contemplating buying the album.....

and yep, Martin still rocks

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                      So the point is it's not good to mention fanfic, fan vids and other legally ambigious fan activities to officials or writers for shows etc, incase it ruins it for the whole fandom
                      I agree whole-heartedly. Posting the vid here was not an attempt to get the attention of Martin Gero or any other PTB, I'd much rather be left alone. It's here because it was suggested to me that other fans of Martin might enjoy it and that this might be the appropriate place to post it. I try to post my vids where they would be most appreciated. It would be inappropriate for me to post a ship vid in an anti-ship thread for instance. Most people there would not appreciate it. Like fanfiction, vids are made by fans for fans. They are merely entertainment.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Martin Gero appreciation.

Rewatched Duet last night. Brilliantly done. I love the way that the episode is light and funny and yet is also dramatic. I thought it was a moving moment at the end when McKay doesn't want Cadman to go away. She has been driving him crazy for the whole episode but he doesn't want her to disappear. I hope it develops into a friendship between them, McKay could really use more friends. It will be really nice to see if they go that route. I'd love to see that kind of emotional growth for him.
                      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I should think music vids would be OK, but fan-produced eps and "homages" and whatnot would be out. *shrug* But that's not my area.

As for Duet, yeah, it was another wonderful illustration of Rodney's essential goodness. No matter how rude, obnoxious, and generally arrogant he may be, deep down, he really DOES care. Sure, he wanted Cadman gone, but not at the expense of losing her forever.

Poor Rodney. He's already lost so many friends and co-workers. It's practically a miracle that Zelenka hasn't bought it- just about everyone else who's worked with McKay has. And Martin dear, DON'T GO GETTING ANY IDEAS!! I happen to be as attached to Radek as I am to Rodney.

Comment

And Martin dear, DON'T GO GETTING ANY IDEAS!! I happen to be as attached to Radek as I am to Rodney.
                          Yes please dont
                          love Torri

Comment

I noticed that MG is also the author of next week's SG-1 episode, "The Powers That Be" and according to MG himself, it's probably the best SG-1 he's ever written

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                              I noticed that MG is also the author of next week's SG-1 episode, "The Powers That Be" and according to MG himself, it's probably the best SG-1 he's ever written
                              Isnt it the only SG hes ever written
                              love Torri

Comment

Do we need to stamp "Property of Atlantis" on him to keep him from being poached?
                                "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Working...
                                X