Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin Gero Appreciation Thread (spoilers for everything)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Ah well. Crisis over and now you can go back to writing excellently dramatic, tensiony, actiony, snark-iony eps of Atlantis. Much, MUCH better with a cast that's still dynamic and a story that's still flexible and very few corners that are painted into, if you'll pardon the preposition.

Now all we gotta do is wait for... Conversion? Sounds intriguing. I wonder if Lorne's in it.

*wanders off to check*
    Amen.

Didn't watch "SG1" tonight. (Hubby and I have stopped the pain! ) But it sounds like we didn't miss anything. As much as I love MG, I didn't have much hope that he'd be able to overcome the current state of things and weave gold out of mud straw.

And, BTW, you crack me up with your comments. (I'd give you green if I could...d*** system. Grrrr.) Personally, I'm too invested in Shep and McKay to pay attention to Lorne, but it is nice to see another Air Force officer on this trip. (And they made him a major. I'm married to a major, so Yay!)
    "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoPenguin
      As much as I love MG, I didn't have much hope that he'd be able to overcome the current state of things and weave gold out of mud straw.
      Mud straw would be an improvement. But between the net nanny and the PG rating on this board, I can't say what it really is, so mud straw will have to do.

And that's the show as a whole, mind you. Martin at least managed to make... umm... interestingly-shaped mud pies? out of what he had.

Comment

Martin Gero should definitely write for SG-1 more often. Great job on The Powers That Be. I'm not a Gater at all, haven't seen previous 1-6 and 8th season, with the exception of PU, so Season 9 is definitely a sort of completely NEW and GOOD SG-1 for me

Comment

O Hallowed Martin of the Gero,

Blessed are we, your disciples, who weekly await the coming of Atlantis, so that we might bow down in humble worship of whatever divine touch you give unto the show, be it writing, producing, or simply "Being There" to grace the offices of TPTB with your almightly presence.

Now, in this hour of darkness, I, your meekest and most unworthy of servants dare to speak out against a great and terrible atrocity which plagues this fair fandom: the lack of a Martin Gero blog on Gateworld.

Please, O Wise and Benevolent Martin, he of the mighty pen and mightier keyboard, I beg of thee... start a blog! Please! Save us all from the drought of intellect which is only partially quenched by the likes of Rainbow, Ivon, Joe and Bam Bam. You, who gifted us with great classics such as Storm and Eye could offer a deluge of wisdom with every entry. However few and far between they might be (for you are, after all, a busy god), they would be treasured all the more for their rarity, like an oasis in the desert.

Please, O Fair One, at least give it some thought. I'm confident that I would not be alone in my joy if you were to grace us all with a bloggy boon.

I thank thee for listening.

Comment

He made a thread in the Atlantis Season 2 section
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Seems that you have already seen it and you are right about the chicken suit not saving him
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

O Hallowed Martin of the Gero,

Blessed are we, your disciples, who weekly await the coming of Atlantis, so that we might bow down in humble worship of whatever divine touch you give unto the show, be it writing, producing, or simply "Being There" to grace the offices of TPTB with your almightly presence.

Now, in this hour of darkness, I, your meekest and most unworthy of servants dare to speak out against a great and terrible atrocity which plagues this fair fandom: the lack of a Martin Gero blog on Gateworld.

Please, O Wise and Benevolent Martin, he of the mighty pen and mightier keyboard, I beg of thee... start a blog! Please! Save us all from the drought of intellect which is only partially quenched by the likes of Rainbow, Ivon, Joe and Bam Bam. You, who gifted us with great classics such as Storm and Eye could offer a deluge of wisdom with every entry. However few and far between they might be (for you are, after all, a busy god), they would be treasured all the more for their rarity, like an oasis in the desert.

Please, O Fair One, at least give it some thought. I'm confident that I would not be alone in my joy if you were to grace us all with a bloggy boon.

I thank thee for listening.
                Lmao!!

That is both incredibly funny AND a cause I can get behind heh.

Tried to give you green for making me laugh, but it won't let me (I figure green is still appreciated even if the person hides their rep points).

You'll just have to imagine I gave you some

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  Seems that you have already seen it and you are right about the chicken suit not saving him
                  It won't save David. If he's somehow neglected to invite Martin, I'll pluck him and dump him in the deep fryer.

Nah, I'm sure that out of the mere goodness of his heart and knowing that he might not be able to update things as often as he (and we) might like, Martin's turned down or put off the chance to blog on Gateworld. *sniffle* I'm just hoping he'll reconsider.

And SG, I think you already greened me for something else. I have rep turned off, but I can still accept it. I'm just hoarding my jello blocks.

Comment

And SG, I think you already greened me for something else. I have rep turned off, but I can still accept it. I'm just hoarding my jello blocks.
                    Mmm yes i seem to remember you doing something jello-worthy recently.

Can't for the life of me think what it could be though

As for the hoarding...it's part of an evil plot to hide your rep and become all-powerful under our very noses, then unhide it when least expected and wreak havoc on all unsuspecting forum members with the power invested in you by your gargantuan collection of the evil green jello squares of doom.

You're not Martin's humble subservient....your his minion aren't you [see, i mentioned the M word, therefore i'm not off topic ]

You should just cut to the chase and hire a firey mountain lair...I hear rates are going cheap for those with a mortgage on world domination...

Not that *cough* I have the brochure or anything *cough*

Comment

Instinct. Another ep by Martin. Well, sort of. I choose to blame the bits I didn't like on Cooper's "influence".

Personally, I don't think Martin needs a writing partner, but if you have to team him up with someone, make it Carl Binder. The idea of my two favorite Atlantis writers penning a script together makes my little fangirl heart go pitter-pat.

Anyway, there were things to love about Instinct, mostly snarkage, character moments and, of course, Major Lorne. But there were things to make me grit my teeth, too. Ah well. We get a double-dose of goodness next week, so that'll make me happy... and probably screaming in frustration at the unfairness of such a cruel cliffhanger ending with no part 2 in sight for months. *sigh* I'll get my payback for this kinda stuff ONE of these days, though, just you wait.

Comment

Well, I don't think Lost Boys will go down as one of my favoritest eps ever, but it was still good stuff and true to his evil, EVIL nature, Martin made a good cliffhanger at the end. B***ard.

There are quite a few things I'm curious about after LB and I hope that there are at least a FEW answers in Hive. Which is far too many months away to contemplate right now. *sigh*

Loved the Lorne stuff, simply LOVED it. Great to see him all relaxed and a bit smirky. He obviously has a lot of confidence in Shep and his team and the whole bit with Weir was very funny. For a by-the-book career soldierboy, Marcus still has some good insights into what's going on around him. It's refreshing to see he isn't just another rockhead.

Comment

Martin Gero -- you are the man! "Lost Boys" was excellent stuff. I loved the character interaction, the return of Ford, Major Lorne, the story...everything was great! I can't believe we have to wait until January.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Another great ep Martin

The Ford situation was handled marvellously

Now if only there wasnt a cliffhanger ....
                            love Torri

Comment

Just felt obligated to put in my two cents. Martin Gero is a FANTASTIC writer. Not only are his episodes engaging and memorable, but he can write for virtually ANY character it seems! AND in multiple 'moods.' That in itself is a grand feat.

I have Mr. Gero to thank for me still watching Atlantis, and, for it pulling ahead of SG-1 in my mind. And that's because four of my fav. episodes (possibly of any show I've watched) were Atlantis ones he wrote.

Like someone else said, "The Eye" was what caught my attention. Before that I was simply like : "Oh, it's Stargate..so I'll watch... it's..alright. It's not a bad way to spend an hour of my life." After and during that episode... I found myself nearly addicted to the series.

To follow that up he gave me (us) "The Seige III," "Duet," and "Conversion." Just in those three: action, humor, personal drama. If that span of 'flavor' isn't enough, he also made it character driven in one way or another. I simply love this man! *L*

Does anyone know if he's planning to pen any eps in the later season of Atlantis? I hope so. If not, and he peeps into this: MORE EPPIS! MORE EPPIS! ...Yes. We would have you work to death! Well, not to death. And, not too many. We don't want you to overload!
                              "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

He's kinda like a very fine, very high-grade chocolate: the rarity of it adds to the experience and you just wanna savor every flavor-filled moment while it lasts.

Yeah, the analogy's a little over the top, but I'm hungry. And while I love Martin to pieces, I'd rather have a few high-quality eps from him than have a dozen per season and risk the quality suffering from all the workload pressure, or even just growing immune to it from constant exposure. *shudder*

Above & beyond the cast, it's guys like Martin Gero who keep me coming back for more. 'Cause the greatest actors in the world can't save a bad script. Fortunately, with Martin around, that isn't a concern.

Comment

Working...
                                X