GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Would you care to define real? As in three stooges, running rabbits, and zat gunners?!

Er, don't let your hubby read this thread ... he may ask you to cancel your flight!!
    RLOL ..... hubby know how crazy we get and I get as well .... he sometimes read what I type about Jack, Sam or the ship ... he just laughs at the whole thing

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
      Artistic license, 'Kliggy Rabbit' didn't flow as well

[scurries back to work]
      ROFL! Thank you Flippy for taking artistic license. I think rune rabbit was perfect.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatebee
        hubby very happy for me .... that I will finally be meeting real people
        Um....er.....he thought you were meeting imaginary people?

Would you care to define real? As in three stooges, running rabbits, and zat gunners?!

Er, don't let your hubby read this thread ... he may ask you to cancel your flight!!
        LOL CG. So true.
        sigpic

Comment

well he considers internet friends as not RL ....but Internet Friends ... does that make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
            well he considers internet friends as not RL ....but Internet Friends ... does that make any sense.

Aha! Not to worry, gatebee, we will make sure you're in all the photos with the 3 Musketeers and their orange-glow outfits! However, if you send your hubby a photo-file from someone's computer, will he consider you real or just an internet friend?! You may have a whole new identity after GABIT

Comment

Originally posted by Gatebee
              Yes, it does make sense.

Aha! Not to worry, gatebee, we will make sure you're in all the photos with the 3 Musketeers and their orange-glow outfits! However, if you send your hubby a photo-file from someone's computer, will he consider you real or just an internet friend?! You may have a whole new identity after GABIT
              But CG is right, he will see the proof after Gabit, at least that we are real, maybe a little nutso, but real nevertheless.
              sigpic

Comment

Aha! Not to worry, gatebee, we will make sure you're in all the photos with the 3 Musketeers and their orange-glow outfits! However, if you send your hubby a photo-file from someone's computer, will he consider you real or just an internet friend?!
                Last edited by gatebee; 12 October 2005, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                  Yes, it does make sense.

But CG is right, he will see the proof after Gabit, at least that we are real, maybe a little nutso, but real nevertheless.
                  Well I am also "a little nutso", so all should be okay .... I have told him about the ORANGE stuff.

Comment

Time to repost the Roll Calls :

Green For Gabit !! (To date .)

Attending the Convention :

Mal
                    F.H.Bagpuss
                    SeaBee
                    ChopinGal
                    dipsofjazz
                    1speed4Sam
                    Coley
                    ForeverSg1
                    Kliggins
                    Sue_the_Lurker
                    Polosmoothie
                    MajorSamFan
                    Rowan
                    GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
                    Rune
                    flippy
                    Mousie

Attending the GW Gabiteer Get-together on the Saturday evening.Meet up at 6pm.Ordering/Meal 6.30 pm-8 pm approx at Hotel Bistro.Bar/lounge after meal :
                    Kliggins
                    F.H.Bagpuss
                    dipsofjazz
                    SeaBee
                    gatebee
                    Rowan
                    ForeverSg1
                    Mr.ForeverSg-1
                    Rune
                    Mal (subject to commitments)
                    GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
                    flippy (drink/chat after meal.)

Attending the Friday evening Cocktail Party :

ChopinGal
                    Rowan
                    Gipsy & Baby Gipsy
                    MAL

If there are any changes that need to be made,or anything you're worried about at all, that hasn't been answered ,then post away !

E-mailing the Hotel this morning to see if I can get some answers to the queries raised about meal prices/menu choice....and to see if their dress code allows some gadding about in orange regalia at the Bistro !
                    (I know we could leave that clarification till the Con Friday..but that cuts it a little close,imo.)

If anyone missed Becks' message containing the price lists for the Merchandise /props etc that Paul Brown of "Legends" is bringing ,(or just wants to check it again) see her post #945 .

OK.That'll do it,I think.Back to the fun !

*Hums Rune Rabbit Rune *
                    Hilarious creation,Flippy ! Now I just need to get the dratted tune out of my head ,lol !

Well I am also "a little nutso", so all should be okay .... I have told him about the ORANGE stuff.
                    LOL ! He knows all about our antics..and he's still letting you come ? Cool guy !
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 October 2005, 10:09 PM.
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

16 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

Attending the GW Gabiteer Get-together on the Saturday evening.Meet up at 6pm.Ordering/Meal 6.30 pm-8 pm approx at Hotel Bistro.Bar/lounge after meal :
                        Kliggins
                        F.H.Bagpuss
                        dipsofjazz
                        SeaBee
                        gatebee
                        Rowan
                        ForeverSg1
                        Mr.ForeverSg-1
                        Rune
                        GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
                        [/FONT]

*Hums Rune Rabbit Rune *
                        Hilarious creation,Flippy ! Now I just need to get the dratted tune out of my head ,lol !

LOL ! He knows all about our antics..and he's still letting you come ? Cool guy !
                        Are you humming "Rune Rabbit Rune" (I am dating myself on this tune)on a Neil Sedaka tune called " Run Samson Run".

Oh ya hubby is very cool. Well there are several factors he is ok with it. The first one is that as luck have it, I am in London at that time. Just very lucky of me. The second, the 140 bus which passes the hotel also passes where my daughter lives and it is really not that far. At night w/o traffic should take me 45 minutes. Thirdly, since it is dinner only, it won't be that costly. And fourth, well as Carter said, there is no 4th this time.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

Green For Gabit !! (To date .)

Attending the Convention :

Mal
                          F.H.Bagpuss
                          SeaBee
                          ChopinGal
                          dipsofjazz
                          1speed4Sam
                          Coley
                          ForeverSg1
                          Kliggins
                          Sue_the_Lurker
                          Polosmoothie
                          MajorSamFan
                          Rowan
                          GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
                          Rune
                          flippy
                          Mousie

Kliggins
                          F.H.Bagpuss
                          dipsofjazz
                          SeaBee
                          gatebee
                          Rowan
                          ForeverSg1
                          Mr.ForeverSg-1
                          Rune
                          GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy

Attending the Friday evening Cocktail Party :

ChopinGal
                          Rowan
                          Gipsy & Baby Gipsy
                          MAL

If there are any changes that need to be made,or anything you're worried about at all, that hasn't been answered ,then post away !

E-mailing the Hotel this morning to see if I can get some answers to the queries raised about meal prices/menu choice....and to see if their dress code allows some gadding about in orange regalia at the Bistro !
                          (I know we could leave that clarification till the Con Friday..but that cuts it a little close,imo.)

If anyone missed Becks' message containing the price lists for the Merchandise /props etc that Paul Brown of "Legends" is bringing ,(or just wants to check it again) see her post #945 .

OK.That'll do it,I think.Back to the fun !

*Hums Rune Rabbit Rune *

You're on the ball, Baggie!

Coley and 1speed are driving down and concerned about the availability of parking ... the hotel lot rate is a bit steep ... do you or MAL or Becks know if there is an option for on-street parking or auto-garage which may charge less?

Sadly, our Samandan friend, Forever Sg1, may not be coming after all. Just know that she is trying hard to resolve some personal-health and family issues. She is feeling quite sad and has dropped out from GW for time being but all of you please keep her in your prayers and thoughts. A sweeter lady hard to find ... she and Amanda are kindred spirits for sure. And keep her name on the list as a good omen!

Peace, CG

Comment

Sadly, our Samandan friend, Forever Sg1, may not be coming after all. Just know that she is trying hard to resolve some personal-health and family issues. She is feeling quite sad and has dropped out from GW for time being but all of you please keep her in your prayers and thoughts. A sweeter lady hard to find ... she and Amanda are kindred spirits for sure. And keep her name on the list as a good omen!

Peace, CG
                            Oh no! Positive thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery to ForeverSG1.
                            sigpic

Comment

Revised Gabit Green GW Get together drink list:

Betty: Pernod and blackcurrent
                              ChopinGal: Rum, diet coke, wine.
                              Dipsofjazz: Guinness, rum and coke.
                              F.H. Bagpuss: DC with ice, iced mocha.
                              Flippy: ??
                              ForeverSG1 (Kat): Iced mocha, tea, lemonade, water.
                              Mr. Forever SG1: ??
                              Gatebee: Tap water with lemon
                              GateGipsy and Young Mr. Gipsy: Orange juice
                              Mal: Coke, orange juice, lemonade.
                              Rowan: ??
                              Rune: Ginger Ale (out of a saucer per request.)
                              Seabee: Cider, Strongbow; iced coffee.

We will keep ForeverSG1 on list, positive thinking.
                              sigpic

Comment

Are you humming "Rune Rabbit Rune" (I am dating myself on this tune)on a Neil Sedaka tune called " Run Samson Run".
                                I'm not sure if the Neil Sedaka song is the same one..the one I was humming was to "Run,Rabbit Run " a very old British wartime song .
                                I might ask my In-Laws if they know the Sedaka song.They have loads of Sedaka,Diamond,Ray Conniff ,Bacharach and David...rather a good ,mellow collection of all kinds of music.(Glenn Miller,Ella,Aretha ..you name it.
                                I browse a lot whenever I visit !

Oh ya hubby is very cool. Well there are several factors he is ok with it. The first one is that as luck have it, I am in London at that time. Just very lucky of me. The second, the 140 bus which passes the hotel also passes where my daughter lives and it is really not that far. At night w/o traffic should take me 45 minutes. Thirdly, since it is dinner only, it won't be that costly. And fourth, well as Carter said, there is no 4th this time.
                                No need for that 4th reason anyway. Sounds perfect,imo !
                                Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 October 2005, 02:36 AM.
                                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                                X