No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*squee* the list of goodies is just so enticing, thanks for the info / price update Becky

Bev: if you bring your banjo you can busk in the foyer while the 3 mice go through their song n dance routine

Flippy: that flashing badge is the business, I nearly choked on my coffee giggling at it. Soooo cool!

Kliggs: Don't think I can't see you there trying to lay the blame for everything on me, I think you need zatting again, in fact I'd be more than happy to do it myself

GateBee: bon voyage and see you on the Saturday

Baggie: Kliggs and I are twins? Surely not, my tongue could never achieve that razor edge. BTW I'm glad the kids are behind you all the way, if they have suggestions for things to pin on you be sure to let us know

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
      *squee* the list of goodies is just so enticing, thanks for the info / price update Becky

Bev: if you bring your banjo you can busk in the foyer while the 3 mice go through their song n dance routine

I'd never make any money doing that!!! On second thoughts, perhaps people will pay me to get them to shut up!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
        I'd never make any money doing that!!! On second thoughts, perhaps people will pay me to get them to shut up!
        Good point. Maybe we could have a stall selling fruit and veg too, just in case the audience felt the need to ... uh ... demonstrate their appreciation for the trio's little turn.

*hides before any of the 3 Mouseketeers see this*

Baggie, put the zat down!

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
          Good point. Maybe we could have a stall selling fruit and veg too, just in case the audience felt the need to ... uh ... demonstrate their appreciation for the trio's little turn.

*hides before any of the 3 Mouseketeers see this*

Baggie, put the zat down!
          Good idea about the stall Rune. I, of course, will have my own personal force shield incase some folks have a bad aim!
          sigpic

Comment

Heheh, I think I'll bring a large umbrella just in case of rebounding articles too

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18

Tis a shame I can't reproduce the animated ones as badges. I can make stickers though if anyone wants them. In fact if anyone would prefer a set of stickers to the badges let me know. I know some people don't like having pin marks on their clothes from badges.
              OMG!!!! Wonderful Flippy!!!!!!

Baggie definitely needs one!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Mousie : Good question about the Dealer room.One for Becky I think..I can't find my schedule at the mo',but I don't remember the times being on it.

Flippy :I love the Agent Baggie "Sticker" !! Truly inspired..but for the sad fact that my dangerous dancing days are long gone.
                Now I tend to yell "What?" a lot,while trying to defend my ears from any really loud music.
                I intend to tap my foot,shake my Wig and jangle whatever tut this lot inflict on me, and just enjoy what I can hear at the Satuday Disco.

Bev : 1/3d ? Which currency was that coin ? The old Imperial pounds,shillings and pence began at the Farthing !(1/4d )
                Make sure those gigs are paid for in decimal...especially if you also intend to provide ye musical accompaniment for "The Three Blindingly Orange Mice" to assault everyone's eardrums..er,I mean caper,frolic and sing to entertain anyone who'll listen !
                I think you're correct..you could make fortune from pained listeners paying you to make us shut up and frolic off elsewhere !

Rune : So you deny that you and Kliggs are Cosmic Twins ..hmm.Still not sure !
                As for the razor edged tongue,well,with Kliggs as a foil,that's coming along nicely ! (You two can still do the act at Gabit,you know !)

My kids spent some time this evening being really ,really nice to me..I think they're sucking up to make sure Dad and I remember their Legends goodies...Junior Mercenaries that they are ! )

Regarding the fruit and veg stall ...make sure the customers load with strawbs,grapes and juicy satsuma oranges.Then when they've had their fun(or vent !) I can snack on the remains...

Kliggins : I must admit I'd love a sticker or something with the Agent Baggie motif as shown,and as you seem to have been nicest so far,to me today ...please accept this one-shot zat gun ,programmed in advance to only sizzle Rune !
                (Be warned though..it'll be her turn tomorrow.)
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

Bev : 1/3d ? Which currency was that coin ? The old Imperial pounds,shillings and pence began at the Farthing !(1/4d )
                  Make sure those gigs are paid for in decimal...especially if you also intend to provide ye musical accompaniment for "The Three Blindingly Orange Mice" to assault everyone's eardrums..er,I mean caper,frolic and sing to entertain anyone who'll listen !
                  I think you're correct..you could make fortune from pained listeners paying you to make us shut up and frolic off elsewhere !

Regarding the fruit and veg stall ...make sure the customers load with strawbs,grapes and juicy satsuma oranges.Then when they've had their fun(or vent !) I can snack on the remains...
                  I meant 1s3d. It could be shown as 1/3d, as shown here http://www.braggs1.fsnet.co.uk/50s/s...l/oldmoney.htm with the prices from 1965.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                    Am so glad my dust bunnies are deliriously happy at your house. They were so unhappy at mine.

Lucky you Gatebee, getting to leave October 12. In case I forget, have a great time in Paris and Rotterdam. See you in London.
                    Thank you ..Kliggins .... getting so excited now

Comment

I meant 1s3d. It could be shown as 1/3d, as shown here http://www.braggs1.fsnet.co.uk/50s/s...l/oldmoney.htm with the prices from 1965.
                      Yes,Miss ! I knew that,Miss,but I wanted to wind you up a little..

Nice link,btw.I've bookmarked it so I can show my kids what "real" money looked like when I was young.

Comment

Good luck with all the travel plans and have a great time . Hope they can shift your departure date .

Well,since the dinner is before the Orange-theme disco,and will overlap into the Disco start time,I think we'll have to gear up before the meet/dinner .
                        That means you should be able to see our attire at its most colourful !

*Edited to remove IMG tags .
                        That would be great to see you all OrangeThe theme disco is it only for the Gabit con attendees?

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18

Tis a shame I can't reproduce the animated ones as badges. I can make stickers though if anyone wants them. In fact if anyone would prefer a set of stickers to the badges let me know. I know some people don't like having pin marks on their clothes from badges.
                          Flippy the idea of stickers are good but badges would last longer. Both ideas are great. For me what ever is easiest for you to do.

Comment

Yes,Miss ! I knew that,Miss,but I wanted to wind you up a little..

Nice link,btw.I've bookmarked it so I can show my kids what "real" money looked like when I was young.
                            I love the prices when we used 'real' money!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                              That would be great to see you all OrangeThe theme disco is it only for the Gabit con attendees?
                              Afraid so ,Gatebee,but some of us plan to keep you company for a while before we toddle off to terrorise the Disco !

That's reminded me of something.

Whatever we do ,Gabiteers,we need to display our Convention badges at all times,for the Stewards' benefit.(The official ones given at registration.)

*Panics slightly*
                              I tend to mislay stuff ! Anyone else getting silly jitters ?

I think I need to do some aromatherapy or something.The excitement/tension is hitting me in waves and it doesn't feel good .

I love the prices when we used 'real' money!
                              No aromatherapy candles handy,so I'll go for some nostalgia ,if I may !

I remember being given loads of old ha'pennies,pennies, thru'penny bits (3ld coin)and tanners (sixpences),by family and adults who felt generous when decimalisation came along.
                              I never had it so good..and I carefully stocked up on the long-lasting sweets ,like Polo-mints,Anglo bubblies,Spangles..and proudly bought my Mum a few Fry's Turkish Delights as a gift.

Comment

Kliggins : I must admit I'd love a sticker or something with the Agent Baggie motif as shown,and as you seem to have been nicest so far,to me today ...please accept this one-shot zat gun ,programmed in advance to only sizzle Rune !
                                (Be warned though..it'll be her turn tomorrow.)
                                OMG! That is so unfair! Kliggs wouldn't zat me though I'm sure, not when I'm always so nice to her... *chews lip and looks round for a place to hide* Kliiiiiggs, I don't wanna sizzle, it stings!
                                Last edited by Rune; 10 October 2005, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X