GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ChopinGal
    Sadly, our Samandan friend, Forever Sg1, may not be coming after all. Just know that she is trying hard to resolve some personal-health and family issues. She is feeling quite sad and has dropped out from GW for time being but all of you please keep her in your prayers and thoughts. A sweeter lady hard to find ... she and Amanda are kindred spirits for sure. And keep her name on the list as a good omen!

Peace, CG

sending some positive thoughts your way ForeverSg1, here's hoping you can make it here to be with us all

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      You're on the ball, Baggie!
      Not sure about that,Ma'am..but I try !
      Coley and 1speed are driving down and concerned about the availability of parking ... the hotel lot rate is a bit steep ... do you or MAL or Becks know if there is an option for on-street parking or auto-garage which may charge less?
      The Hotel cost is £10 per day to park up,and is added into the bill...there are other parking opportunities,but I think Becky said (Somewhere back on this thread !)the Hotel works out a little bit cheaper.

I'll do some net-snooping anyway.

Sadly, our Samandan friend, Forever Sg1, may not be coming after all. Just know that she is trying hard to resolve some personal-health and family issues. She is feeling quite sad and has dropped out from GW for time being but all of you please keep her in your prayers and thoughts. A sweeter lady hard to find ... she and Amanda are kindred spirits for sure. And keep her name on the list as a good omen!

Peace, CG
      Thanks for letting us know Kat's situation,CG.

Life deals some very bad cards sometimes, doesn't it ? I know how much she'd been looking forward to the whole trip,and all the thrills of Gabit and meeting Amanda.
      Best wishes to her (and her family)as always,and I'll keep her and her husband on the lists .
      I believe in good omens and positive thoughts.Let's keep hope alive for her !
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Peace, CG
        Be well ForeverSg1. My prayers shall be with you everyday. I am still hoping and wishing that in 2 weeks you will be all ready to meet Amanda and the rest of your Samandan friends. Good vibes going your way.

Comment

I've been having a good look on the net,as promised ,for parking facilities.

The cost at the Renaissance is £10 p.d for guests.
          Reposting this link :http://www.milesfaster.co.uk/london-...e-heathrow.htm
          No luck finding any info about on-street parking nearby.
          I do know,though, that metered parking costs an absolute fortune and clamping firms are very zealous,in pouncing on unauthorised parking in London.

I'm wondering if anyone knows a safe street,or whether there are zones near the Hotel ,where w/e parking is free ? That may be of value to Rune and Mousie too ,as they're on day Passes for Gabit.
          (I know that when we visited London for the Pages Club meet,w/e street parking was free ,but obviously at our own risk.)

There's a decent map here : (press "Bigger" for clearer view/print)
          http://www.milesfaster.co.uk/maps/re...athrow-map.htm

Car parks to the left of map view.One just off Bath Road and the other on West Ramp...but I haven't a clue on charges .

Edit to correct an error about who had day passes.Sorry Flippy !
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 October 2005, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

No luck finding any info about on-street parking nearby.
            I do know,though, that metered parking costs an absolute fortune and clamping firms are very zealous,in pouncing on unauthorised parking in London.

I'm wondering if anyone knows a safe street,or whether there are zones near the Hotel ,where w/e parking is free ? That may be of value to Rune,Flippy and Mousie too ,as they're on day Passes for Gabit.
            (I know that when we visited London for the Pages Club meet,w/e street parking was free ,but obviously at our own risk.)

Car parks to the left of map view.One just off Bath Road and the other on West Ramp...but I haven't a clue on charges .
            Thanks, Baggie ... I'm sure this is a big help to all those drivers coming to town!

Comment

thank you Baggy for posting the map cause I just learnt something new.

Just a weeee minor panic for me .The 140 bus that I was planning to take has been rerouted. It now doesn't pass by Bath Road. It reroutes and ends of at Heathrow Airport Center. Then I have to get on another bus to bus that will now pass Bath Rd. Why did they have to do that? Last month when I had a look the 140 passed and stopped in front of the hotel. *&^^%$##@

Comment

15 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quick replies.....

Gatebee, are you catching the Heathrow Hoppa now? They run every 12 minutes and it's the H2 one that goes past the Rennaissance from Heathrow.

Re: parking. I don't drive so can't help on the on-street parking front I'm afraid. Last time I stayed at the Renaissance, Simon was driving and used the hotel carpark. I'm sure if there had been a cheaper alternative he would've used it [] so I think maybe the hotel one is the way to go.

[[[ForeverSG1]]] Hope things work out so you can make it.

And I have a weekend ticket for Gabit

Back to work, I hear my library lesson class approaching!!!!
                  LizWhite.net

Comment

Don't worry GB, as Flippy said the Hoppa runs right past the hotel so if we have an idea of what time to expect you we can keep our eyes peeled for when you turn up

Thanks for parking info (((Baggie))) I'm going to be parking at the hotel itself anyway since I'll now be staying overnight and going back early Sunday morning instead of Saturday evening after dinner (thus eliminating the risk of falling asleep on the drive home ) Yay!)

Two weeks to go *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Comment

Thanks, Baggie ... I'm sure this is a big help to all those drivers coming to town!
                      Hope so..I got into a loop going round a mesh of links trying to find more than the few details I posted.Still can't find any lists of parking charges .*sigh*
                      I think the Hotel parking lot may be the easiest and cheapest option for everyone .
                      Originally posted by flippy18
                      Gatebee, are you catching the Heathrow Hoppa now? They run every 12 minutes and it's the H2 one that goes past the Rennaissance from Heathrow.
                      Thanks Flippy !
                      And I have a weekend ticket for Gabit
                      Sorry about the goof ! I've gone back and corrected my post .
                      Originally posted by Rune
                      Don't worry GB, as Flippy said the Hoppa runs right past the hotel so if we have an idea of what time to expect you we can keep our eyes peeled for when you turn up
                      Agreed ! Gatebee : We'll make sure you get to the Hotel if I have to send my Hubby out to collect you ,lol !
                      (The Hoppa'd be quicker though ..as he's not too confident navigating around London ! )
                      Thanks for parking info (((Baggie))) I'm going to be parking at the hotel itself anyway since I'll now be staying overnight and going back early Sunday morning instead of Saturday evening after dinner (thus eliminating the risk of falling asleep on the drive home ) Yay!)
                      Woo-Hoo ! Glad to know that ! *Dances*

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*
                      Seconding that "Squeeeeeeeeeee !".Not far to go now.

Comment

man you lot are chatty...

okay I just read everything... here's some answers...

The discos are open to ticketholders only. if you have a day pass you can attend the disco that evening and if you manage to pick up your pas before reg closes the day before's too. No lete reges though if you have a day pass and get there after reg has closed sorry. we can't kee reg open throughout the disco too!

The hotel parking is probably your best option. when i was at the hotel last week I noticed that the price for non residents has gone down to 10 per 24 hours the same as residents (it was 26!). this is fantastic vaue considering the loaction of the hotel and it's proximity to the airport. you won't find any street parking that isn't permit controlled or pay and display. The McDonalds has parking but you only get a short time free and they clamp if you don't pay. I think it's more expensive than the hotel for the full day.

The dealers room will be open the same hours on saturday and sunday as registration. It's not open on Friday.

I think that's it, apart from to say the t shirts arrived today and they are FAB!!!

best Becks

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen
                          man you lot are chatty...
                          Indeed Thanks for the info Becky Not long to go now....

Badges are now done for Rune, Mal, GateGypsy, Rowan, SeaBee, ChopinGal, dipsofjazz, Forever SG1, F.H.Bagpuss and Gatebee. If there's anyone I've forgotten, let me know asap!
                          LizWhite.net

Comment

Quick replies.....

!!!!
                            Flippy thanks for the info but I am not coming from Heathrow . I'll be staying with daughter who lives in Harrow. Thus, I wanted to take the 140 that used to pass Bath Road. But had a look at London Transport website on bus routes and they have diverted that portion . So no more passing Bath Road. The bus still ends up at Heathrow. I guess what you are saying from Heathrow I should take the H2.

Thanks ... will figure it out once I get there.

Comment

Two weeks to go *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*
                              I will be the one in the yellow jacket smilling in the bitter cold. Coming from Florida which is right now 85*F /29*C compared to your London 57*F/14*C .....bbbrrrrrrr

Comment

Agreed ! Gatebee : We'll make sure you get to the Hotel if I have to send my Hubby out to collect you ,lol !
                                (The Hoppa'd be quicker though ..as he's not too confident navigating around London ! )

I will be in London a couple of days before the 29th after con dinner. I will be coming from Harrow. I will make a test run before then so I know exactly what and where I need to be. Thank you so much for the offer. I hope and pray that I won't be needing it. Thank you again.
                                Last edited by gatebee; 14 October 2005, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X