GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flippy18
    Indeed Thanks for the info Becky Not long to go now....

Badges are now done for Rune, Mal, GateGypsy, Rowan, SeaBee, ChopinGal, dipsofjazz, Forever SG1, F.H.Bagpuss and Gatebee. If there's anyone I've forgotten, let me know asap!
    squeeeeee badges ...thanks Flippy

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen
      man you lot are chatty...

okay I just read everything... here's some answers...

The discos are open to ticketholders only. if you have a day pass you can attend the disco that evening and if you manage to pick up your pas before reg closes the day before's too. No lete reges though if you have a day pass and get there after reg has closed sorry. we can't kee reg open throughout the disco too!

The hotel parking is probably your best option. when i was at the hotel last week I noticed that the price for non residents has gone down to 10 per 24 hours the same as residents (it was 26!). this is fantastic vaue considering the loaction of the hotel and it's proximity to the airport. you won't find any street parking that isn't permit controlled or pay and display. The McDonalds has parking but you only get a short time free and they clamp if you don't pay. I think it's more expensive than the hotel for the full day.

The dealers room will be open the same hours on saturday and sunday as registration. It's not open on Friday.

I think that's it, apart from to say the t shirts arrived today and they are FAB!!!

best Becks
      Thanks, Becks! How are the intrepid GABIT 4 holding up?!

BTW, do you know if the Renaissance runs a shuttle to Heathrow for transport back and forth to hotel? This would be an important piece of info for all those flying in for weekend.

There's been mention of "emailing tickets" ... sorry I don't have time right now to check out the GABIT site, etc. Are we actually getting our passes via email?!

Finally, for Gabiteers on this thread: good news, ForeverSg1 is still in the running for possible show-up for the event! Keep sending good karma her way!

CG/E

Comment

Badges are now done for Rune, Mal, GateGypsy, Rowan, SeaBee, ChopinGal, dipsofjazz, Forever SG1, F.H.Bagpuss and Gatebee. If there's anyone I've forgotten, let me know asap!
        i've just pm'd GG asking her if the non-posters on the roll call might want one.

I'll txt her as well. i'll let you now asap

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Finally, for Gabiteers on this thread: good news, ForeverSg1 is still in the running for possible show-up for the event! Keep sending good karma her way!

CG/E
          that is very good news ... keeps on praying .....

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
            Don't worry GB, as Flippy said the Hoppa runs right past the hotel so if we have an idea of what time to expect you we can keep our eyes peeled for when you turn up

Thanks for parking info (((Baggie))) I'm going to be parking at the hotel itself anyway since I'll now be staying overnight and going back early Sunday morning instead of Saturday evening after dinner (thus eliminating the risk of falling asleep on the drive home ) Yay!)

Two weeks to go *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Owwwwww! My ears hurt now. *rubs ears*
            sigpic

Comment

But....but.... but..... *lip wobbles* what about me?
              sigpic

Comment

the hotel is served by the hoppa bus system from the sirport. you want hoppa H2. i think it's about 3 pounds. The busses run from the terminals 1-2. So if you arrive at one of the other terminals get the free inter terminal bus to T1.

Just ask someone when you get off the flight and they can point you in the right direction.

There isn't a specific free suttle service.

Becks
                Burried under boxes

Comment

That is great news! Will have cats continue to keep paws crossed.

Thanks for the info Becky. Could anybody remind this moron what the hours are for registration. I can't seem to find it in my stuff.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Becks! How are the intrepid GABIT 4 holding up?!

BTW, do you know if the Renaissance runs a shuttle to Heathrow for transport back and forth to hotel? This would be an important piece of info for all those flying in for weekend.

There's been mention of "emailing tickets" ... sorry I don't have time right now to check out the GABIT site, etc. Are we actually getting our passes via email?!

CG/E
                    Hi,

I can answer this one for you.

The Hoppa bus is the shuttle between the airport itself and the Renaissance. I think earlier in the thread it mentions which particular one.

You will get e-tickets via email very very soon. When you arrive at Registration you must hand this in to receive your registration pack which includes your ID badge and Cocktail Party invitation (for those receiving one).

Good news on Forever SG1. I'll keep the prayers up.

How are we 4 doing?

LOL! Well apart from a nasty bout of flu for me at the moment, we're doing well. My house looks like a warehouse so does Becky's. My husband has nicknamed the diniing and drawing rooms as the Gabitry. There are so many boxes in there ready to be transported to the Renaissance at Convention time. I'm packing Reg packs each night, bit by bit, and the others are doing pretty similar things. Basically it's all go!

Looking forward to meeting all of you. I do come over here each day or so to see what you're all up to, and let's not forget the old countdown to remind me how long we've got! Do make sure to introduce yourselves at the Con.

Julia
                    Gabit
                    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

CG/E
                      Ohhh, great news. Keeping the positive energy coming

Comment

Thanks,Julia and Becky for all the info and good luck getting over the flu asap,Julia !
                        (((((((((((Gabit4)))))))))))
                        Thanks for all your hard work,good luck with clearing up the pre-con stuff,and looking forward to meeting you in person at Gabit !

CG: Thanks for the update on Forever Sg1's situation.

Flippy : I can't remember whether you were planning to do the badges for the Meet attendees or for the full Roll Call,so it's up to you,really.No worries !

Mal : I must admit I'd assumed you had already contacted Sue and Polosmoothie.Oops !
                        ETA : MajorSamFan may want one too.(Bet you thought of that already ,though.)

Gatebee : I think you'll be fine,but all the same,we'll pass on each others mobile numbers nearer the date .Then we can make sure you get the Welcome Wagon greeted at the right time !

ETA :
                        That raises a point,Gabiteers .Do we wait till the 7 day mark to pass on mobile numbers,or give Forever Sg1 and any others a few days extra ?

edited again for a bad spelling "moment" ...*cough*
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 October 2005, 01:21 PM.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                          Could anybody remind this moron what the hours are for registration. I can't seem to find it in my stuff.
                          No probs ! Now that I've excavated my copy of the provisional schedule from the paperwork laden desk in front of me..

Friday Registration : 2.00 p.m.-6.00 p.m. (14.00-18.00 if you prefer !)
                          Saturday Registration: 8.00 a.m-9.00 a.m.
                          Sunday Registration : 8.00 a.m-9.00 a.m.
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 October 2005, 01:15 PM.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
                            How are we 4 doing?

LOL! Well apart from a nasty bout of flu for me at the moment, we're doing well. My house looks like a warehouse so does Becky's. My husband has nicknamed the diniing and drawing rooms as the Gabitry. There are so many boxes in there ready to be transported to the Renaissance at Convention time. I'm packing Reg packs each night, bit by bit, and the others are doing pretty similar things. Basically it's all go!

Looking forward to meeting all of you. I do come over here each day or so to see what you're all up to, and let's not forget the old countdown to remind me how long we've got! Do make sure to introduce yourselves at the Con.

Julia
                            Gabit
                            (((Julia))) Thanks for making your house Gabit Central. Hope you feel better soon.

(((Becky))) Thanks also for making your house Gabit Central.

Less than two weeks for me before I leave for Gabit. Getting ready bit by bit, just like you.

(((Baggie))) Thanks for refreshing my memory. I wrote it down this time in big letters.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well I am off in a few hours. God willing, will see you all lovely people on the 29th for the after con dinner. Safe travel to all...ciao

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                                Mal : I must admit I'd assumed you had already contacted Sue and Polosmoothie.Oops !
                                I've emailed and txted sue but shes a very busy lady. Dont hear from er much. Polosmoothie I have no direct contact with.

14 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got 2 nights off before the con. So i'm going to start putting things together. I'm not taking "much" but I can start organising.

Comment

Working...
                                X