Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    *Panics slightly*
    I tend to mislay stuff ! Anyone else getting silly jitters ?
    I don't so much mislay it as wreck it, I know if I'm not careful that within seconds of my getting it, my daypass / badge / bracelet / label whatever will look like it's been through the wash 3 times and be creased to beggary ... I can't be trusted with anything

I remember being given loads of old ha'pennies,pennies, thru'penny bits (3ld coin)and tanners (sixpences),by family and adults who felt generous when decimalisation came along.
    I never had it so good..and I carefully stocked up on the long-lasting sweets ,like Polo-mints,Anglo bubblies,Spangles..and proudly bought my Mum a few Fry's Turkish Delights as a gift.
    I loved the threpences - so cute.

You realise I am now craving Bubbly don't you? *sigh* I can smell it now, so much nicer than Bazooka Joe

Comment

Mwahaha ! To prevent that VR Zatting...just agree to wear a Wig !
      Best that K pledges to wear one too ,as it's your turn to get her tomorrow !

Edited to recover the rest of my post.Oy !
      Originally posted by Rune
      I don't so much mislay it as wreck it, I know if I'm not careful that within seconds of my getting it, my daypass / badge / bracelet / label whatever will look like it's been through the wash 3 times and be creased to beggary ... I can't be trusted with anything
      Join the club,Rune. ((((((((((((Rune))))))))))

I loved the threpences - so cute.
      I think I've still got a couple somewhere.If I can find them,I'll bring them to Gabit !
      You realise I am now craving Bubbly don't you? *sigh* I can smell it now, so much nicer than Bazooka Joe
      Bubbly was great and lasted for ages (unless my Mum got tired of the popping noise and forced me to get rid of it). Bazooka Joe's weren't bad,but I got mouth ulcers after chewing them.Result..banned.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 10 October 2005, 03:21 PM.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

No aromatherapy candles handy,so I'll go for some nostalgia ,if I may !

I remember being given loads of old ha'pennies,pennies, thru'penny bits (3ld coin)and tanners (sixpences),by family and adults who felt generous when decimalisation came along.
        I never had it so good..and I carefully stocked up on the long-lasting sweets ,like Polo-mints,Anglo bubblies,Spangles..and proudly bought my Mum a few Fry's Turkish Delights as a gift.
        Spangles! I miss them so much. *sob* Bubblies kept going for...well forever! I can feel my jaw hurting just thinking about it. I used to love finding tanners whenever we had a 'clootie dumpling', although it wasn't so good for my teeth. *sigh* the good old days!
        sigpic

Comment

Afraid so ,Gatebee,but some of us plan to keep you company for a while before we toddle off to terrorise the Disco !

Aw, I am so touched. I will be so high in meeting you all and taking all the pic of all that ORANGE . It will be a night to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            Spangles! I miss them so much. *sob* Bubblies kept going for...well forever! I can feel my jaw hurting just thinking about it. I used to love finding tanners whenever we had a 'clootie dumpling', although it wasn't so good for my teeth. *sigh* the good old days!
            "Old English" Spangles were lovely and I really wish they'd kept the line going.
            *Sigh* I used to love the little packs of Trebor fruit chews too.They came in packs of 5 and the wrappers usually had a T-Rex or African animal on the front.

I wonder if we'll be waxing nostalgic about Gabit and SG fandom in say,30-35 years time ?

I hope so !

Originally posted by gatebee
            Aw, I am so touched. I will be so high in meeting you all and taking all the pic of all that ORANGE . It will be a night to remember.
            ((((((Gatebee)))))) It's going to be great.

(Just hope all the orange doesn't freak out all the cameras ! )

Comment

"Old English" Spangles were lovely and I really wish they'd kept the line going.
              *Sigh* I used to love the little packs of Trebor fruit chews too.They came in packs of 5 and the wrappers usually had a T-Rex or African animal on the front.

I wonder if we'll be waxing nostalgic about Gabit and SG fandom in say,30-35 years time ?

I hope so !
              I agree about Old English Spangles.
              Of course we'll still be talking about Gabit in the future, as we'll have ex-Gabiteer meet-ups every so often......won't we?
              sigpic

Comment

I hope so !
                OMG! I'd forgotten about those fruit chews, I can see the packets now ... *sniffs* didn't your pocket money go a long way then? I can remember the poor village shopkeeper nearly pulling his hair out with frustration as we would take so long to choose our sweets ... aniseed balls were 4 for a halfpenny, I hated the things but they were such a bargain

I think we'll be waxing nostalgic at Gabit and about Gabit for a very long time.

Is it tomorrow yet Baggie? I wanna zat Kliggs!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                  I agree about Old English Spangles.
                  Of course we'll still be talking about Gabit in the future, as we'll have ex-Gabiteer meet-ups every so often......won't we?
                  That sounds like a plan,Bev !

ETA :
                  OMG! I'd forgotten about those fruit chews, I can see the packets now ... *sniffs* didn't your pocket money go a long way then? I can remember the poor village shopkeeper nearly pulling his hair out with frustration as we would take so long to choose our sweets ... aniseed balls were 4 for a halfpenny, I hated the things but they were such a bargain
                  ROTFL. I used to buy acid drops instead,or mint humbugs.My Mum wouldn't allow me to buy aniseed balls or gobstoppers as she was terrified I'd choke to death on them.
                  I think we'll be waxing nostalgic at Gabit and about Gabit for a very long time.
                  I think we will.

Is it tomorrow yet Baggie? I wanna zat Kliggs!
                  Nope. Kliggins still has about 7 hours yet in her time zone to zing you one with the Zat !
                  Then you can get her straight back,which'll make it "honours even"...
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 10 October 2005, 03:53 PM.

Comment

"

((((((Gatebee)))))) It's going to be great.

(Just hope all the orange doesn't freak out all the cameras ! )
                    thinking ...does my camera need a filter to be able to take a picture what with all that ORANGE ...I am now getting giggles

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                      thinking ...does my camera need a filter to be able to take a picture what with all that ORANGE ...I am now getting giggles
                      LOL ! That's possibly a good idea....I think most of the Gabiteers won't be a problem,but if I'm reading these posts correctly,I'm going to end up looking like a demented,animated,belisha beacon top !
                      Or totally Tangoed ...

Comment

ROTFL. I used to buy acid drops instead,or mint humbugs.My Mum wouldn't allow me to buy aniseed balls or gobstoppers as she was terrified I'd choke to death on them.
                        MY nan always gave us lectures about the perils of choking on anything bigger than a pear drop which was okay but then my brother went and choked on a parma violet and had to be held upsidedown until it fell out *an event I recall being quite gleeful about at the time*

I wasn't allowed gobstoppers either but only because the word 'gob' was considered rude *boggle* ahhh those were innocent times.

Nope. Kliggins still has about 7 hours yet in her time zone to zing you one with the Zat !
                        Then you can get her straight back,which'll make it "honours even"...
                        7 hours? *whimper* But I can't sit up on watch all night, I need to sleep. And 'zing me'? ROFL you make it sound so pleasant.

Originally posted by Gatebee
                        *grin* make sure you bring some dark glasses or you'll be dazzled!

Comment

*grin* make sure you bring some dark glasses or you'll be dazzled!
                          that is a very good idea....oh the fun of it all ......yeepee

Comment

MY nan always gave us lectures about the perils of choking on anything bigger than a pear drop which was okay but then my brother went and choked on a parma violet and had to be held upsidedown until it fell out *an event I recall being quite gleeful about at the time*
                            Ironic,eh ? LOL at your glee...nothing quite like a spot of sibling rivalry !
                            I wasn't allowed gobstoppers either but only because the word 'gob' was considered rude *boggle* ahhh those were innocent times.
                            Indeed.Very innocent,compared with the profanity common today .I think I was about 13 the first time my Mum swore in front of me.
                            (Ok,truth was ,she swore AT me..but I'd just knocked a pan of (cold !) soup all over the cat and the kitchen floor.I think she was quite justified,really.At least she didn't bite me .Our cat was soooo furious ! )

7 hours? *whimper* But I can't sit up on watch all night, I need to sleep. And 'zing me'? ROFL you make it sound so pleasant.
                            *Thinks*
                            Well,she can zing you as you sleep then..that sound "pleasant" too,or will you have nightmares of Kliggs going "Heeeeeere's Kligggggiinnnnss",a la Jack Nicholson ?

(Ok,that's cruel...but better than the nightmare I had last night .I dreamed I'd missed Gabit ! )

Comment

Ironic,eh ?

(Ok,that's cruel...but better than the nightmare I had last night .I dreamed I'd missed Gabit ! )
                              that is a very bad dream ..... no more bad dreams please ....need much happy ORANGE thoughts

Comment

Thanks,Gatebee. You're absolutely right !
                                *Cuddles the Orange Dust Bunnies for comfort*

Comment

Working...
                                X