GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rune

Maybe the combined talents of Bev, Baggie & SS can create an anti-mini-con-crud song *heh, nothing like putting your pals on the spot*
    To the tune of 'Amazing Grace', accompaniment (of course) by HSG...

The Anti-Mini-Con-Crud Song

G4 met up to plan ahead,
    To make sure we have fun
    But they succumbed, are ill in bed
    Mi-ni con crud had won!

We feed them soup and lots of tea
    And make sure that they rest
    We're sad they're ill because, you see,
    We know they are the best!

Poor Becks, we know she couldn't wait
    For hot Ribena to drink
    But it was yuck! It's out of date
    So it went down the sink!

Some comfort to them we will bring
    To be well they do long
    To help them we will gently sing
    The Anti-Con-Crud Song!

Last edited by dipsofjazz; 03 February 2006, 07:52 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

LOL excellent! I look forward to singing that with you

BTW Shameless plug time - I've started a blog! Link is in my sig. There are other staff blogs too - from Darren, David and Tame. Check them out on the Blogs page of the website.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
        LOL excellent!
        Thank you.
        sigpic

Comment

BTW Shameless plug time - I've started a blog! Link is in my sig. There are other staff blogs too - from Darren, David and Tame. Check them out on the Blogs page of the website.
          I look forward to reading it.
          sigpic

Comment

Be kind! I've never done one of these before. And do check out the others too. They're great!
            sigpic

Comment

Be kind! I've never done one of these before. And do check out the others too. They're great!
              I would never dream of being anything but nice to you! hehehe! I really do look forward to reading it....honest.
              sigpic

Comment

Ah a duty read Well hopefully it won't be too boring...
                sigpic

Comment

Ah a duty read Well hopefully it won't be too boring...
                  Well I've just read it and thoroughly enjoyed the chaos that is the GG household! I love the pic of baby G too!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                    Just wait, it gets better.
                    That's the problem, I can't wait. November seems so far away.......but I'll try to be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                      Well I've just read it and thoroughly enjoyed the chaos that is the GG household! I love the pic of baby G too!
                      There is a pic of Baby G? *runs to look*
                      sigpic

Comment

LOL excellent! I look forward to singing that with you

Baby G is adorable and the entries were great. Hope you have a good time with it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys! I love that photo too. It was taken at German City Con last year. Corin was just marvellous with Baby G.
                          sigpic

Comment

To the tune of 'Amazing Grace', accompaniment (of course) by HSG...

The Anti-Mini-Con-Crud Song

G4 met up to plan ahead,
                            To make sure we have fun
                            But they succumbed, are ill in bed
                            Mi-ni con crud had won!

We feed them soup and lots of tea
                            And make sure that they rest
                            We're sad they're ill because, you see,
                            We know they are the best!

Poor Becks, we know she couldn't wait
                            For hot Ribena to drink
                            But it was yuck! It's out of date
                            So it went down the sink!

Some comfort to them we will bring
                            To be well they do long
                            To help them we will gently sing
                            The Anti-Con-Crud Song!

Awww..that is lovely. So sweet. Thank you. And this little fella is the image of me at the moment, tissue box, coughing and all. Thanks so much, it's cheered me up a lot.

Anyway get all the concrud out of the way now, and then the G4 will be raring to go and fit as fiddles before you know it. You'll smile to know that even though we're all ill, we're still planning and plotting, even if we are a bit slow at the moment - Gabit never rests.

Julia
                            G4
                            To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
                              Hi folks,

I'm about to create a new section on the Gabit website called "Meet
                              Amanda". This will be a section consisting purely of comments from
                              people who have actually met her at AT1 (or elsewhere) to project to others what she's like offscreen and how she made you feel when you met her. So, can I have two to three sentences maximum each from everyone who wants to contribute to this section please. They need to be short to the point pieces. I also need your name and country of origin for the posts. It should end up as a nice section reflecting the lady herself.

Thanks. Send them to my personal addy [email protected]

Thanks.

Julia
                              G4
                              Hi chums. I'm reposting Julia's begging letter ( ) as it seem your answers at the moment are .
                              Now, I know that you guys can talk (some more than others!), and I know that everyone that met Amanda at Gabit 1 had a wonderful time and had nothing but great things to say about her. Julia needs you to put your thoughts into a couple of lines only, not a 1500 word dissertation, so, lets get it together and start typing!

That was a public information announcement on behalf of the patrons of the Infectious Diseases Ward at Gabit Central.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi chums. I'm reposting Julia's begging letter ( ) as it seem your answers at the moment are .
                                Now, I know that you guys can talk (some more than others!), and I know that everyone that met Amanda at Gabit 1 had a wonderful time and had nothing but great things to say about her. Julia needs you to put your thoughts into a couple of lines only, not a 1500 word dissertation, so, lets get it together and start typing!

That was a public information announcement on behalf of the patrons of the Infectious Diseases Ward at Gabit Central.
                                I braved the freezing outdoors today... there wasn't much food in the house and w were somehow down to the last two ibuprofen tabelts in the house
                                I took the oppotunity to stock up on fresh ribena, vic vapour rub that isn't a century old and anothe couple of boxes of tissues.

Very nice lady in the pharmacy is trying to ive me advice when All i want's the drugs... nice seperate ones not the combined things... I thought she was going to take my keys off me when I explained the reason I needed everything was "I was restocking my bookshelf..."
                                Make that medicine cabinet...
                                Anyway eventually she took my small pharmacy up to the pharmacisit to check I could in fact take everything at the same time if I so wished ( or forgot) and I had made a good selection of medications

So now I am dosed up and warmed up (stuffed up etc.) But having switched from sweatners to sugar in my tea I think my blood sugar has recovered too.

Anyway thanks for all the good wishes and virtual meds, I now have my act together enought to access the real ones.

Loved the song

hugs
                                Becks

My spelling hasn't improved any has it.....

Comment

Working...
                                X