GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    C'mere. You've met us before and know we're harmless.....well, except for Kliggy!
    I am perfectly harmless to the point of boring. Kat knows that; she survived sitting next to me for two days.
    sigpic

Comment

*Remember I am off work through injury, therefore I've lost the ability to hoover! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!*
      You'd probably like the magnet I have on my home file cabinet then:

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Phew! I'm glad the cat's okay. You had me worried for a moment.

The hoovering was a moment of temporary madness, although I may hoover before Gabit!

Is it November yet?
        Methinks I should bring this handpainted wooden plaque with me to GABIT to pass on to you!

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          You people are truly starting to frighten me.
          *grins*

We really are harmless....

(Decides to not admit to Kat that her SUV only gets washed and waxed maybe twice a year... three times if it's lucky. Don't have to worry about hoovering/vacuming though- the floors aren't carpeted!)

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
            You'd probably like the magnet I have on my home file cabinet then:

LOL! I'll have to get one of these.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              2 charmed tickets for GABIT 2 for sale.
              I hate to hear that you won't be able to come to GABIT, Lida. It had been wonderful to hear that you were able to get to Vancouver for that con and I really do hate to think you won't be able to get to London in November.

Just a question though, considering it's 'charmed' tickets that you have, didn't the website say something about the tickets being non-transferable without G4's 'okay?' (Being a con virgin myself, I thought I'd ask on behalf of all of us newbies... )

ETA: Took a quick whirl around the GABIT site ----
              We have a ticket price that includes autographs and photo sessions with the guests. This reduces your "at event" expenditure", so overall the cost is similar. All ticket sales are final and are non-refundable and non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the organisers.
              http://gabitevents.co.uk/faqA.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Well. I've hoovered the whole of twice since I moved in. Was going to do it today then went "meh". As for washing my car... I haven't washed her since I got her
                Tracy Jane, we could be distant relatives (considering I live quite a distance from you ). I've only hoovered twice since I moved and I never wash my car. By now I'm afraid that if I were to wash it, the car would fall to pieces.
                In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                Hic Comitas Regit
                Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                  I hate to hear that you won't be able to come to GABIT, Lida. It had been wonderful to hear that you were able to get to Vancouver for that con and I really do hate to think you won't be able to get to London in November.

Just a question though, considering it's 'charmed' tickets that you have, didn't the website say something about the tickets being non-transferable without G4's 'okay?' (Being a con virgin myself, I thought I'd ask on behalf of all of us newbies... )

ETA: Took a quick whirl around the GABIT site ----
                  Sorry you will not be able to join us Lida, but Shimmering star is correct. You are not allowed to resell your tickets as full charmed and weekend passes. You may re-sell your main weekend tickets if you wish and are able but the cocktail party ticket is a seperate enitiy. We have an extensive waiting list for these passes from exisiting ticket holders and as you know lida you benifitted from this waiting list yourself. To allow re-sales to completely new poeple is unfair on those already holding tickets and waiting patiently on the waiting list.

GABIT's policy is to re-sell and refund on your behalf the charmed ticket by company cheque after the re-sale payment has cleared. (This can take up to six weeks to go through) but you must make your own arrangements for the other portion of your ticket with the new owner. Any transfers are subject to approval by GABIT and we reserve the right to refuse entry so please check with us before you complete the transaction.

Once again to be clear. Tickets are non refundable and non transferable. You are not permitted to sell on tickets for sold out events (the cocktail party counts as an "event") they must be returned to us an re-allocated.

Any other questions please ask. You can ask off list if you wish.

Becks
                  G4

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                    Tracy Jane, we could be distant relatives (considering I live quite a distance from you ). I've only hoovered twice since I moved and I never wash my car. By now I'm afraid that if I were to wash it, the car would fall to pieces.
                    Just to clarify for the mother hens of the thread (Kat)... I moved in in September, and bought my car the same month. And I've just finished hoovering!
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

219 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi, happy Tuesday! It was suggested that I post this question here, to the Gabit ladies. Is it at all possible to record the convention and sell dvd's so those who cannot attend get a chance to enjoy it also? You could use part of procceds to go towards whatever charity is being supported at that particular Gabit con. Just a suggestion for you. Have a good day!

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

Originally posted by Ginalynn71
                          Hi, happy Tuesday! It was suggested that I post this question here, to the Gabit ladies. Is it at all possible to record the convention and sell dvd's so those who cannot attend get a chance to enjoy it also? You could use part of procceds to go towards whatever charity is being supported at that particular Gabit con. Just a suggestion for you. Have a good day!
                          Thanks for the suggestion we have not made a decision on this matter as yet

becks
                          G4

Comment

Okay, thanks for considering it though!!

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
                            http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

C'mere. You've met us before and know we're harmless.....well, except for Kliggy!
                              Yeah, I guess I should be thankful none of you are like my husband and his friends. They used to find it amusing that I was constantly cleaning so when we were dining at a restaurant they would make bets about how long it would take before I started to clean the table. They would deliberately dump over the salt shakers and tear up pieces of paper and toss them onto the table and then sit and watch their watches to see how long it took me to start cleaning. I'm not really sure how many times I had been the evening's entertainment before I finally realized why they were always laughing so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Yeah, I guess I should be thankful none of you are like my husband and his friends. They used to find it amusing that I was constantly cleaning so when we were dining at a restaurant they would make bets about how long it would take before I started to clean the table. They would deliberately dump over the salt shakers and tear up pieces of paper and toss them onto the table and then sit and watch their watches to see how long it took me to start cleaning. I'm not really sure how many times I had been the evening's entertainment before I finally realized why they were always laughing so hard.
                                Oh thats VERY cruel!

218 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X