No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You weren't supposed to instill it with such sinister properties though.

I mean it was just a cute and innocent orange bunny and now .... now ... now it's YOU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
      (((((((((((((Kat))))))))))))) Full marks for effort lol ! It was harder than I'd thought it'd be too.I ended up with 3 sentences,covering how I felt about meeting Amanda at the Con/Tea,but a lot of commas and semicolons etc were used...and I'm not sure I used those correctly !

To think I used to get prizes and top grades for my command of written/oral and creative English right through school .

*Hangs head in shame*

All of you did fantastic pieces. It was just what I wanted. So thank you. Will be uploading what I've got within the next few days to kick start the section off and then hopefully add to it as time goes on.

Julia
      G4
      To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
        You weren't supposed to instill it with such sinister properties though.

I mean it was just a cute and innocent orange bunny and now .... now ... now it's YOU!!!
        Of course it is me. Fine, you can have it back, then it will not have any sinister properties. *huffs*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
          Of course it is me. Fine, you can have it back, then it will not have any sinister properties. *huffs*
          *snuffle* you don't like me any more

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
            All of you did fantastic pieces. It was just what I wanted. So thank you. Will be uploading what I've got within the next few days to kick start the section off and then hopefully add to it as time goes on.

Julia
            G4
            Sounds great! I'm looking forward to seeing this new section

Comment

OMG, she is snuffling. I would love to use your orange bunny as my avatar.
              sigpic

Comment

Spelling too. I think it is fortunate for your students you teach music.
                Say it isn't so! There's a sneaky 'S' stealer somewhere!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                  Yeah i have difficult veins at the best of times (due to chemo 22 years ago). This time it did not help that my arms were freezing cold!

The bruise on my left arm is fading nicely. The 2 on my right will take a while though.

If the results go the way I expect though, I'll be more than happy! I'll more than likly be bouncing for months!!!

Hoping this will happen in less than:

284 DAYS!!!!!!!!
                  Keeping my fingers crossed for you Mal.
                  sigpic

Comment

Julia
                    G4
                    It was our honour to serve.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      Yes, hate mail was anti season ten. I forgot to put the explanatory note in.... Saxe Gambetta is the name of a tube station in Lyon and it sounds like Sex Got Better, hence the line.
                      Aha,noted.I must admit Gambetta sounded quite good as a character name,lol !
                      And yes, of COURSE I hummed the Stargate theme in the lift, on the bus, up the top of the hill and everywhere else!!! hehe
                      The French probably thought that was perfectly normal behaviour .SG is rather "big" in terms of viewers,recognition and DVD sales over there...and they love Amanda.Always thought the French have great discernment and taste !
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Yes, SG is far bigger in France than here in the UK. But I think that's sci fi and fantasy stuff in general. And you're right, there are an awful lot of Amanda fans in France. I have a feeling that if you talked about her in France, you would get a look of recognition, not the blank face you get here.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Julia
                          G4
                          Hooray !
                          I admire your stamina..pre-Con crud and you still manage to keep on task.
                          *Applauds Julia and Gabit4*
                          LOL ! The double act continues !
                          OMG, she is snuffling. I would love to use your orange bunny as my avatar.
                          Of course you do ! *Sends tissues to Rune* Love the white bunny too .(That happy little chappie keeps me sweet anyway,waiting for Prince Dustin's next appearances,lol !)
                          Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          It was our honour to serve.
                          Oh yes indeed !

Edited to add :
                          Yes, SG is far bigger in France than here in the UK. But I think that's sci fi and fantasy stuff in general. And you're right, there are an awful lot of Amanda fans in France. I have a feeling that if you talked about her in France, you would get a look of recognition, not the blank face you get here.
                          Agreed ! The French figures ran at about 5 million per episode for Season 8 IIRC.
                          Their boxsets are a work of art too and worth collecting.
                          (Stargate-shaped boxes etc.Very cool,imo.French language with overdubs and subtitles in other languages.)

*Sigh* If Amanda were to walk down a British street,she'd get noticed for her looks,and height not because of her status on Stargate and other Sci-Fi shows.
                          Possibly a different story if she were to visit Paris,or some of the other European capitals though.

Aside from Sky and T4,there isn't really much in the way of SciFi or SG on UK tv,aside from repeats of old shows ..and Dr Who .

Wonder if the Doctor might need a new assistant sometime,as after all ,Anna- Louise Plowman guested in an ep last year ?
                          (J/K !)
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 February 2006, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I was really tempted to get the box sets when I first moved to France. I mean, the Stargate shaped boxes are amazing! I would have done it, but I already had the UK editions and wanted them to match.

I also love the range of languages cos the Uk ones only have English, Castilliano and German. I only speak two of the three and really wish I had the French just to practise. Having said that though, it doesn't have the same effect in French and German because of the various "you" forms (vous and tu in French and du, ihr, sie and Sie in German).

The German boxsets are amazing too. They have the silver edition sets which are in silver boxes with moving holograms on the front. They are truly works of art!

Comment

Handy study tools ! I want those French sets,sometime and the German sets are beautiful..*drools*
                              (There's a thread about the French sets somewhere on GW. Not sure if there was one for the German sets.)

ETA : Found the link to those French sets :
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...rench+Box+Sets

In the meantime though,I suppose I'll have to concentrate on saving for AT2...and for roof repairs.

Comment

Same here. I'm a student and amongst everything else, I've forked out for GABIT, for my trip to Lyon, I have Semester two coming up with books etc.... so French box sets are pretty much on the bottom of my list of priorities.

Comment

Working...
                                X