Clear All

Originally posted by Rune
    *adopts stern attitude*

Got hot water bottles?
    Got Lemsip / tea / hot Ribena?

Good, now Mumsey and Julia, both of you off to bed now. No excuses

(and now I want hot Ribena)
    What's a hot Ribena?

I hope you're feeling better soon Mumsey and Julia.

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
      And the plans we've made for all you guys coming to AT2!! Wow! It's going to be quite an Event! )
      Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG
      We had a great bonding weekend and got lots of plans laid.
      Mumsey
      *emits a restrained mini-squee*

Sounds like it should be wonderful. As a first-time con-goer (and my first time to London) I know I'm looking forward to doing some sightseeing, to meeting many GateWorlders for the first time, to the fun activities you're planning, and of course... to meet Amanda!
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
        What's a hot Ribena?

I hope you're feeling better soon Mumsey and Julia.
        Ribena is a blackcurrant drink that you add to hot or cold water. Click here to find out all about it. It's a British National Institution!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          Ribena is a blackcurrant drink that you add to hot or cold water. Click here to find out all about it. It's a British National Institution!
          Ah so that's Ribena. Thanks Bev. I spent two years in England and I don't think I ever tried it. I'll have to remedy the situation this time around. Oh, getting all tingly again just thinking about meeting up with all y'all.

Comment

Ah so that's Ribena. Thanks Bev. I spent two years in England and I don't think I ever tried it. I'll have to remedy the situation this time around. Oh, getting all tingly again just thinking about meeting up with all y'all.
            I hope we'll be drinking something a little stronger than Ribena!
            sigpic

Comment

I'm up for anything that adds a buzz to the tingly! But I don't do Guinness....sorry but I about died the first time I tried it. I don't mind lagers and the one pub I used to hang out at in St Ives used to make this drink called a "Snowball". That was yummy. And I am so looking forward to some fish and chips! and the cornish pasties (pastries?)! and Wimpy's! and Cadbury Flakes! and....

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                ((((Mumsey))))

Here, maybe this'll help...

*whips fuzzy bunny slippers off Kliggs' feet, furry housecoat off Rune and feather boa off Bev and gently eases them on Mumsey*
                *whines and cries* My feet are cold *wipes nose*, but it's for a good cause.
                Last edited by Kliggins; 31 January 2006, 07:31 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                  *whispers* She's tempting fate...

*throws box of Nyquil, bag of cherry-flavored (or would that be orange K?)cough drops, and industrial-sized box of Kleenex into suitcase for Kliggs.*
                  *Gasp* Is there any other color than orange?

I don't think there is any doubt about that for you. ,

Originally posted by Ambermoon
                  I'm up for anything that adds a buzz to the tingly! But I don't do Guinness....sorry but I about died the first time I tried it. I don't mind lagers and the one pub I used to hang out at in St Ives used to make this drink called a "Snowball". That was yummy. And I am so looking forward to some fish and chips! and the cornish pasties (pastries?)! and Wimpy's! and Cadbury Flakes! and....
                  You have quite a list, don't you? *grins*
                  Last edited by Kliggins; 31 January 2006, 07:31 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

288 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey guys! Could someone do the countdown update tommorw for me please?? I've got a hospital appointment in the morning.

((((((((((((all))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                        Hey guys! Could someone do the countdown update tommorw for me please?? I've got a hospital appointment in the morning.

((((((((((((all))))))))))))
                        Sure, no problem.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yay for Cornish Pasties, Eccles Cakes, Dundee Cake, Bath Buns, Cadburys Flakes and more, more, more

Fish n chips too of course, I've been having fun trawling through my copy of Time Out's Cheap Eats in London and they've named a couple of the best places for 'em along with the very traditional pie n mash n liquor (that's liquor as in a kind of parsley sauce not the hard stuff) and the once staple of the people stewed / jellied eels (which I am soooo gonna pass on.)

And wow, it's been a long time since I had a Snowball ... it's lemonade and advocaat isn't it if I remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                            You have quite a list, don't you? *grins*

Oh yeah! It's been 20 years since my last visit to England and I so cannot wait for November to get here. I get tingly just thinking about meeting AT and y'all but also just being back in England *more tinglies*. I loved the 2 years I spent there and I always wanted the Air Force to send me back but it never happened.

Comment

Yay for Cornish Pasties, Eccles Cakes, Dundee Cake, Bath Buns, Cadburys Flakes and more, more, more

Fish n chips too of course, I've been having fun trawling through my copy of Time Out's Cheap Eats in London and they've named a couple of the best places for 'em along with the very traditional pie n mash n liquor (that's liquor as in a kind of parsley sauce not the hard stuff) and the once staple of the people stewed / jellied eels (which I am soooo gonna pass on.)

And wow, it's been a long time since I had a Snowball ... it's lemonade and advocaat isn't it if I remember right.
                              Don't forget the lamb! The first time I ever tried lamb was in the pub that I worked at (I was Chief Kitchen Wench and Bottle Washer). I'll pass on the eels too!

I don't remember what's in a Snowball...Owen the pub owner made them for me all the time. I just remember them being yellow and frothy and sweet and very yummy.

Comment

It can be difficult sometimes to find really nice fish and chips. The best I found were at the BLACK COUNTRY LIVINING MUESUEM at Dudly. Made with beef dripping and served in a conof paper wraped in newspaper! Unfortunatly I had to rush mine because I had a ticket for the canal ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X