This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    And therein lies the problem.....She is far too young to be the CMO....She doesn't have the confidence of a CMO.....If she couldn't hack being in the field or isn't secure enough to think she can come up with a cure then she should leave it to someone who does JMHO
    I like that a young cmo is the most unrealistic thing in a show about aliens and ancient flying cities ><

Comment

I was finally able to watch the episode a few hours ago and you can all imagine what I thought of it
      I cried my eyes out, the way they treated Todd, he didn't deserve any of it.
      The daedalus being taken over and then being programmed to ram into the Attero device on the planet doesn't justify it at all. Sheppard would crash a hive ship into a planet in an instant to save the human race (actually even to save his neighbour on Earths pet guinea pig )
      I did love the few precious Todd moments like his growling and deep laugh.
      He just deserved so much more from them all...especially Sheppard.
      They continually strip him of everything and it gets worse every time
      It hurts so much, even now just thinking of it brings tears to my eyes.
      I know I love Todd too much....just can't help it. He's so wonderful in every way
      sigpic
      Cass Todd -

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. Finally a team episode which earned that term. Plus Lorne.

I really loved the interaction between Sheppard and Todd. Just great. Both of them. Maybe Todd is presently the most interesting character. I hope we'll see more of that.

I liked Ronon's behavior, too.

What I didn't like: The McKeller scene wasn't necessary for the story line at all. Why did they put that in? And Keller's crisis? Maybe she should just treat injured people and nothing else if she has so much self-doubts. Again, I couldn't see the need for these scenes for the story. She did nothing important. Is it so difficult to make a team episode with just the team?
        sigpic

Comment

This episode was like a lame zombie FPS.
          And these guys really love the genocide deal.
          It's unhealthy, I tells ye!

Still found it interesting though.
          What's the deal with the retardedly huge sigs?!
          Spelling correction by Gen Blue

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

What do you think Todd was doing in the pod das
            Wouldn't YOU like to know!

(I guess, since humans count sheep while they sleep, Todd was probably counting 'Sheppards'...afterall, it was the first word he uttered when he awoke. )

das
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
              What I didn't like: The McKeller scene wasn't necessary for the story line at all. Why did they put that in? And Keller's crisis? Maybe she should just treat injured people and nothing else if she has so much self-doubts. Again, I couldn't see the need for these scenes for the story. She did nothing important. Is it so difficult to make a team episode with just the team?
              Ah yes, I see it now....

Sheppard: We must save all the innocent people from the Wraith.

Ronon: looks around at an uninhabited village What people?

Teyla: And for that matter, John. What Wraith? We have not seen a Wraith in weeks.

McKay: Alright, whose genius idea was this?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post

9/10 for me would have been a 10 but im fed up with john having to do a scene with woolsey after missions - i dont know why
                That scene was important because it developed Woolsey's character and continued his development from "Remnants". Woolsey is starting to think out of the box, and he understands now that the I.O.A. way is not always the right call. Looks like Sheppard is rubbing off on Woolsey, lol.

Anyway, great to see the majority here loving this episode. It is good knowing the show is producing excellent eps right down to the wire.
                sigpic

Comment

Is really any different how Shep and Weir always had those little end scenes in the earlier seasons
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Is really any different how Shep and Weir always had those little end scenes in the earlier seasons
                    The one memorable end scene between Weir and Sheppard in her office was the episode "Hot Zone" when Sheppard decided to throw out Weir's order and do what he wanted.
                    sigpic

Comment

This is actually one of the reasons I like that they do this.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Not bad episode.
                        There have been better.
                        I figured it out pretty early that the ship was infected with whatever infected the crew. Although you would think that they would have built in safety protocols to protect against that from happening.

The Iratus bug bit was interesting. It would be nicer if they had showed Todd and Sheppard going to the Iratus planet and seeing Todd return to his old bad Wraith self.

Also, it does seem odd to me that Todd would take the gene therapy so quickly on himself. He should have waited it out, if anything it was more food for him anyway.

The McKeller thing is bad and she should be killed off or something. Next week's episode is about her also, way too much. In the Interview with Martin Gero on gateworld, they talk about that the reason everyone hates Keller is because everyone loved Becket, not true at all. The reason everyone hates Keller is because she is a bad charachter. She is a I broke a nail and OMG I need to get a pedicure/manicure/facial, and doing dangerous things is not her style.

I love Todd. Episodes with him are always great. If only they can somehow turn him good and then he could be the next Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizzare Star View Post
                          Ugh, I love Todd even more.

Sheppard has serious trust issues but I'm so happy he let Todd go. I was getting worried that he was going to do the same thing he did to Michael and betray his trust all over again.
                          yeah. that true. (hugs todd)" I am sooo happy your still alive!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ramses818 View Post
                            Not bad episode.
                            There have been better.
                            I figured it out pretty early that the ship was infected with whatever infected the crew. Although you would think that they would have built in safety protocols to protect against that from happening.

The Iratus bug bit was interesting. It would be nicer if they had showed Todd and Sheppard going to the Iratus planet and seeing Todd return to his old bad Wraith self.

Also, it does seem odd to me that Todd would take the gene therapy so quickly on himself. He should have waited it out, if anything it was more food for him anyway.

The McKeller thing is bad and she should be killed off or something. Next week's episode is about her also, way too much. In the Interview with Martin Gero on gateworld, they talk about that the reason everyone hates Keller is because everyone loved Becket, not true at all. The reason everyone hates Keller is because she is a bad charachter. She is a I broke a nail and OMG I need to get a pedicure/manicure/facial, and doing dangerous things is not her style.

I love Todd. Episodes with him are always great. If only they can somehow turn him good and then he could be the next Teal'c.
                            Keller's not that bad. However, she is just a boring character, no where near as good as Beckett. The question I have is this- since Todd can't feed, has he lost his regenerative abilities and longevity?

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
                            I enjoyed this episode. Finally a team episode which earned that term. Plus Lorne.

I really loved the interaction between Sheppard and Todd. Just great. Both of them. Maybe Todd is presently the most interesting character. I hope we'll see more of that.

I liked Ronon's behavior, too.

The only thing Keller did was complain to Mckay and repeat how sorry she was and how she didn't know what the problem was. As well, are TPTB telling themselves that Beckett's removal and the addition of Keller was a bad move? It's odd how the writers would add that Keller feels overwhelmed and subpar compared to Mckay, Sheppard and the rest of the team. It makes her more realistic as a character, but even more unrealistic as CMO.
                            Last edited by Ltcolshepjumper; 06 December 2008, 07:30 PM.
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

For once Actually McKeller didn't bother me. It's gotten so bad that every time that McKay and Keller (and Ronon before he was freed) had a quiet scene together I would go "Oh no", but I was happy that today they spared us anything really bothersome. It was a simple seconds long moment and it was something that made sense for both the plot of the episode and their relationship interactions.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

A great ep especially where John and Todd meeting full circle in helping each other "escape" (the falling ship).
                                My favs:

Comment

Working...
                                X