X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    "Cancer! Oh no! And they landed a 7 mile long asteroid!"

The Good:
    >Teyla's competent! She's making good decisions, asking valid questions, trying to pilot the half hive... She's like the smart cast member who realizes she's in a sci-fi show and acts accordingly. I'm loving how she's portrayed this season... when she's portrayed at all.
    >Woolsey made the right call, sticking to the cloak. We've seen the shield raised in time to stop imcoming darts from orbit, maybe the same would work for switching from cloak to shield to combat Wraith bolts.
    >Todd coming to Atlantis for help. Mind you, wouldn't other hives wonder why this one is heading for a planet thought uninhabited? I mean, if I were a Wraith, I'd monitor every move Todd makes as best I could. Cause he is Todd!
    >Angry Todd going to feed on Shep but realizing he couldn't.
    >Rodney/Keller shoulder rub. I'm neither here nor there on the relationship, but it was nice to see him reassuring her that she could do it. She's always so hesitant and living in the shadow of Beckett, as she should be, but she needs to grow a pair and pull a Rodney, making the impossible take a few minutes.
    >I guess we know where the bridge is located on the hive now.
    >Teyla used her Wraith DNA! John used his ATA gene! We saw the control chair! YAY!
    >Wraith soldier minus the face-hugger. Interesting, if a bit too stock long-toothed monster.
    >Literally hungry Wraith! Give em some of that fruit that tastes just as good as the farmers who grew it.
    >Letting Todd go. Right call, Woolsey, and nice worrying about the job. Todd is the best ally Atlantis has, an ally who can't suck the life out of you anymore. Unfortunately, we seem to keep getting our best ally's ships and loyal crews destroyed. That's two hives and two cruisers now, right?
    I can agree that these are some of the many highlights.

The Bad:
    >Todd and Shep didn't shake hands at the gate. I wanted them to shake hands at the gate!
    That wouldn't make sense considering their friendship is shaky at the best of times and they have never been that friendly.
    >So... Why is Ronon the one in the photo on the first page of this thread? You'd figure Todd should be there, or a starving Wraith guard.
    You've got me but that's not an issue about the ep.
    >So... We've thought for years that the Wraith soldiers were mind-controlled? Hmm.
    No we've known that the drones are pretty much mindless brutes big difference.
    >Not realizing that Wraith biotechnology, designed to be affected by Wraith DNA, might be affected by a compound designed to alter Wraith DNA. Stupid people.
    It was an oversight that no one thought of I don't see the problem.
    >Oh my God! It was like watching The Fog... I mean, Whispers all over again.
    How can you compare those two eps? They aren't even alike at all.
    >Enough of the Ronon 'Kill the Wraith' already.
    It is part of his personality though I can agree that constantly saying it is getting old.
    >So, you won't communicate through the cloak because it'll give away your position... but you'll send an uncloaked jumper out of the cloaked city and have it cloak in orbit. Right. Great needless and counterproductive reuse of a cgi effect.
    There was only one ship in orbit and they needed to find out what was going on, however when on the ship it was a risk.
    >So Atlantis wasn't monitoring the status of the hive? "My God, Mr. Woolsey! There's a massive structural anomaly running across the hive! It could split in half! Let's get jumpers up there!"
    How in the heck could they know that? The sensors aren't that accurate. They wouldn't have noticed it splitting till the second it did.
    >So we're so dumb now as to leave jumpers unattended? After years of getting seperated from them, wouldn't smart people leave a pilot in at least one in case of emergency?
    What are you talking about? The jumper was on the ship.
    >They landed an chunk of 7 mile long ship from vertical dive that easily and smoothly?
    Well, at least everyone was knocked unconscious.
    I wouldn't say that was easy.
    >Why on Earth would Todd test the drug on himself? Much less give it to the entire crew? Todd is not that dumb.
    Because he is the leader and testing it on himself is the best way to show the rest that it is safe to use. What happened later is not the point.
    >And I refuse to believe that Todd, amidst all that Asgard goodness, would just take the drug info. With Asgard upgrades, he'd never need to worry about other hives or the humans. If the writers don't show that Todd has stolen advanced tech from the Daedalus, I will be grossly disappointed.
    I doubt that the Asgard tech would work on a hive and Todd did think that the drug could be a good idea.
    >How does Todd making himself basically a non-Wraith affect his standing within his own alliance, much less among other hives? It seems highly stupid for a tactical thinker like Todd to do something like this.
    As I said he believed in it he knows that the food supply is tainted and a huge risk.
    >And what if every Wraith takes the treatment if perfected and no longer has to feed? If they retain the same disregard for human life, they'll slaughter and eat humans just like cattle or poultry. Humans are still quite abundant in Pegasus and now one adult human can feed a family of 5 Wraith AND leave leftovers!
    We don't know that. Only the drones acted that way.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      That wouldn't make sense considering their friendship is shaky at the best of times and they have never been that friendly.
      Respect between warriors, or somesuch. Also it would have followed the 'Wraith can't shake hands cause they'll kill you with the hand suckers' humour a few seasons back.

How can you compare those two eps? They aren't even alike at all.
      Misty, creepy surroundings. Gunning down evil genetically-modified monsters.

There was only one ship in orbit and they needed to find out what was going on, however when on the ship it was a risk.
      If you cloak the city so no one will know you're there and don't send a radio signal because the ship'll detect and pinpoint its origin, how much of a red flag is having a jumper appear out of nowhere going to be? It should have been cloaked from the start to avoid giving away Atlantis' location.

How in the heck could they know that? The sensors aren't that accurate. They wouldn't have noticed it splitting till the second it did.
      Atlantis' sensors aren't that accurate. Right. They found a small metallic object on the sea bed. A massive crack in a 14 or so mile long ship in orbit seems a bit easier to detect.

What are you talking about? The jumper was on the ship.
      That's my point. If there had been a pilot in the jumper, s/he could have been contacted via radio and would have simply flown the jumper across the void and saved everyone. Atlantis has lost jumpers because they were unoccupied and the teams got cut off from them. With a pilot left in a jumper at all times, that wouldn't happen.

Because he is the leader and testing it on himself is the best way to show the rest that it is safe to use. What happened later is not the point.
      Todd is a leader smart enough to test something like that on a subordinate first and follow through on tests and observations before giving everyone, including himself, the drug.

I doubt that the Asgard tech would work on a hive and Todd did think that the drug could be a good idea.
      The Wraith use beaming technology and hyperdrives and energy weapons, I doubt at the very least using the principles of the Asgard technologies is totally beyond the Wraith, especially Todd.

As I said he believed in it he knows that the food supply is tainted and a huge risk.

He still has to interact with other Wraith in his own command and in other hives and alliances. We don't know how they'd react to him being essentially a non-Wraith. Look at what they did to Michael.

We don't know that. Only the drones acted that way.
      It was a hypothetical. Having the Wraith go from feeding on humans to eating humans would be hilarious.
      Last edited by nx01a; 12 December 2008, 02:16 PM.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

1. Blatent redshirt.

2. Not so bothered by McKeller.

3. Shep + Todd = kaboom though John was skating on thin ice a bit.

4. "Stand aside"

5. Todd's on the loose, interesting.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I absolutely loved this episode. The only thing that gets me was why Todd chose to use the treatment so eagerly. I see why he would be curious and that he might be using it on many of the warriors, but to do a complete 180 from his completely logical position in First Contact to where he tested it on his entire crew including himself struck me as dubious without any clear explanation as to why.

I also kind of did wish they went over the issue of whether Todd could have stopped the savage Wraith from trying to eat them. I didn't really care what they would have used for the explanation. I'd see "No we don't trust Todd and hate Wraith" or "Todd can't stop starving Wraith" or another different possible idea, but they wish they mentioned something.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            I absolutely loved this episode. The only thing that gets me was why Todd chose to use the treatment so eagerly. I see why he would be curious and that he might be using it on many of the warriors, but to do a complete 180 from his completely logical position in First Contact to where he tested it on his entire crew including himself struck me as dubious without any clear explanation as to why.

I also kind of did wish they went over the issue of whether Todd could have stopped the savage Wraith from trying to eat them. I didn't really care what they would have used for the explanation. I'd see "No we don't trust Todd and hate Wraith" or "Todd can't stop starving Wraith" or another different possible idea, but they wish they mentioned something.
            The only reason I can come up with would be related to Enemy At The Gate:
            Spoiler:
            One of his sub-ordinates stole information from him (something from the Daedalus), this forced his hand to go one better and improve all the wraith on his hive. Maybe the back-stabbing, ungrateful little wraith took all the information Todd had (including Keller's treatment) and Todd wanted to beat him to it and implement it first?
            sigpic
            Cass Todd -

Comment

Was pretty fun episode to watch. You gotta admit when you first saw Todd out of the pod he looked pretty ticked off, infact he looked a bit more evil then he usually does.
              Tst

Comment

BlueJay writes: [...] 3. In infection, what exactly were the wraith exchanging with the ship?

4. Which brings us to infection. Which hive was it that became ill and crashed? I mainly want to know if Kenny was onboard cause i don’t want him to be dead. Was he on another hive in Todds alliance?”

Answers: [...] 3) They weren’t exchanging anything. They were receiving nutrients that would keep them hail and hearty while in stasis. 4) The hive that crashed as the hive that Kenny was not on.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-lamb-hotline/
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

They didn't kill Kenny! You *******s!
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Yegads! Can this show please just be over already?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                      No one's forcing you to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                        [DE-LURK]My, I'm waiting for the new forum rules...[/DE-LURK]
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                          No one's forcing you to watch it.
                          Who said they were? I choose to tune-in out of respect and admiration for the Stargate universe in general, as defined and mastered by SG-1 over its 10 year run.

That I dislike the way Atlantis is produced and presented is entirely within the bounds of "General Discussion". But most of all, I'm tuning in out of a sense of completion, like reading a bad book cover to cover. So that when I say I didn't like it, I can say it with the knowledge that I'm shaping my reasoning from the entire series run, rather than a few dud episodes (and I'm sure we all agree that this show has had more than its fair share).
                          Last edited by Dusk; 26 December 2008, 11:06 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

[RANT]
                            I'm sorry but you just can't have any discussion here without people b*tching about the show hasn't ended yet. And before it was canceled, b*tching why it hasn't been canceled yet. That's boring. I see your points but it's totally unnecessary to post it into each and every topic. And that's what new rules are about.

This whole whining and crying looks like the guy who boarded the wrong train, and by every station he gets even further from his destination, and moans and groans louder, cursing the rail company for not taking him where he wanted to go.
                            [/RANT]
                            sigpic

Comment

Actually, by the "new rules" my post is still valid and allowed, as I have offered justification for my "b*tching", which is in fact still permitted.

Perhaps if we all lived in a fairy dreamland we'd be happy smiley oompa loompas and every post would be full of love, peace, and serenity...

GET REAL! This forum is an online space balanced by the positive and the negative, where one cannot exist without the other. And stop attacking me as if I come on here day after day and post volumes of negativity and hatred. I don't, and my message history can validate that.

I disliked "Infection" as the plot was contrived and the dialogue stale. Perhaps you thought "Infection" was the most amazing hour of television in the history of mankind. That's fine, but you don't see me abusing you and insinuating that you are doped to the eyeballs on Bliss. Your opinion is no more or less important than mine.

And those who are intolerant of others should not participate in this forum.
                              sigpic

Comment

Here's the thing. All your opinions could have been stated in a way that were fine. Looking back at these posts, I don't think you were trying to start something with your first one, but knowing how many people are so very upset at the cancellation, revelling in it is just untoward. It was unnecessary, it provided nothing to discuss, such as why you thought that. It only served to irritate.
                                If you'd said what you said in your second post at the same time, and then given actual reasons for thinking so, everything would be fine. But you didn't, you posted without consideration of how it would be percieved. As I say, that's unnecessary, and serves no purpose. And this:
                                GET REAL!
                                That's just rude. It's not about negativity. It's about not bothering to be civil. I suspect that I don't actually disagree with your opinion on the episode, and have said as much in other posts, but I do disagree with how you said it.
                                Last edited by amconway; 27 December 2008, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X