• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool 37 people looking at this thread!
    supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Briangate78;9349723]Um ok.

Lol. It waaaas uncreative though. I could do better writing than that, and I'm not even a writer or anything.

I love the stargate franchise and all, but I will admit when something is going down the drains. *whistles innocently*
      sigpic

Comment

Awesome episode. I'm proud of myself for calling the infected ship bit. ^_^ Anyway, I liked Todd's interaction with Sheppard, and his scene with Keller, I love it when they have little scenes like that, that go a little deeper into the characters, especially the Wraith. It was great to hear Todd do his awesome laugh again too.

When Todd said that Sheppard owed him, though, I think it's more like they owe each other. I mean, in Common Ground, Todd called Sheppard his brother. They have a bond and a history, and it isn't a matter of who owes who, it's a matter of helping each other, working together. I would be ticked at the whole "let's crash the Deadalus into the Asgard planet" thing from Lost Tribe though. That, I can see as a reason for Sheppard to be legitimately angry with Todd.

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
        Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
        Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Raeth View Post
          Awesome episode. I'm proud of myself for calling the infected ship bit. ^_^ Anyway, I liked Todd's interaction with Sheppard, and his scene with Keller, I love it when they have little scenes like that, that go a little deeper into the characters, especially the Wraith. It was great to hear Todd do his awesome laugh again too.

When Todd said that Sheppard owed him, though, I think it's more like they owe each other. I mean, in Common Ground, Todd called Sheppard his brother. They have a bond and a history, and it isn't a matter of who owes who, it's a matter of helping each other, working together. I would be ticked at the whole "let's crash the Deadalus into the Asgard planet" thing from Lost Tribe though. That, I can see as a reason for Sheppard to be legitimately angry with Todd.

The last two seasons have been very character driven, imo.
          sigpic

Comment

It was such a pain not seeing any Atlantis last week! Only 3 more left

The shield vs. cloak argument again.

Did anyone else notice that the chair room has a screen in it now? I hate when they change things like this, especially in Atlantis.

I'm surprised that Todd actually used the treatment, especially one he stole from the Daedalus. I guess he really did want it.

I'm surprised that he figured Atlantis would be so willing to help after the stealing the Daedalus incident, or did he figure that they'd survive? Because I thought his intent was to let them all die when the Daedalus was supposed to crash into the Asgard base?

Good we got another Wraith episode. I am actually surprised that the writers decided to go back to more Wraith episodes.

I'm glad we got another look at the Wraith drones (isn't that what the warriors are called?) without masks other than the "Spoils of War" scene.

So did the Wraith have any regular food onboard the hive or not? Given that it reactivates their digestive systems.

This is just like the Wraith retrovirus thing, it's always too good to be true and something has to go wrong.

I am actually surprised that it worked, that the hitch was that it created a disease.

Was it just me or did anyone else get reminded of the zombies that ate people in Resident Evil 3 during the scene when Ronon and Lorne's team were being attacked by the unmasked drone Wraith?

The hive ship spitting in half was cool. What is with things that break in Atlantis crumbling? The front half of the hive making a nose dive into the planet was cool. However, I noticed that they said during the part where the hive was flying towards the ocean, it passed through clouds and they said they were at 40000 ft. But most clouds are not above 25000 ft, yeah, I know it could be alien clouds but most planets are not too different from Earth, I just thought I'd mention that.

So they decided to trust Todd again, I wonder how that will turn out.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Yeah, to quote Arnold from Predator............ You are one ugly Mother *******!
              Yeah, they seriously needed to keep the masks on. They remind me of some ugly monster I saw in a movie once.
              sigpic

Comment

Who else thinks that Todd didn't end up on that Iratus-planet he wanted to go to. I think they pulled a repli-weir's-group on him and sent him to Earth?
                When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                  Who else thinks that Todd didn't end up on that Iratus-planet he wanted to go to. I think they pulled a repli-weir's-group on him and sent him to Earth?
                  Sheppard gave his word.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
                    Lol. It waaaas uncreative though. I could do better writing than that, and I'm not even a writer or anything.

I love the stargate franchise and all, but I will admit when something is going down the drains. *whistles innocently*
                    This is about the time when Brian pulls out the ratings tables and graphs.

sigpic

Comment

OMG!!! That was sooooo good! Yay! Finally a good episode! Loved every minute of it!

That was a creepy one too. Man....those Wraith soldiers without the masks are pretty creepy. When John, Teyla, Ronon, and Rodney walked onto the Hive ship while the Wraith were hibernating....I was totally on the edge of my seat. It had that haunted house feel to it. Then.....when that guy was attacked by that Wraith soldier...I jumped. Even though....I knew he was gonna get attacked by something....I still jumped. When that one Wraith soldier jumped out to attack John and Ronon.....I jumped and screamed. I just hope I didn't wake my dad.

I love Todd. I just love how you don't know if you should trust him or not. They wanna shoot him, but they need him as Wraith intel. It's such a grey situation.

It is official. I have converted to Anti-Kellerism. I now find her annoying. Her holier-than-thou attitude is no better than McKay. I loved it when she told Todd that they whole no-feeding thing would better for all of us...that Todd laughed at her. How dare she think she knows what better for the Wraith? You can only save those whoe want to be saved. Todd is blaming Keller for their condition like Michael was blaming Beckett for his. I was like.....oh...no...we've got another Michael (Todd). I wish they would stop trying to save the Wraith if they don't want to be "saved."
                      sigpic
                      Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

The Iratus bug can cure any wraith of anything. Pretty amazing bug, sort of like a goa'uld. They should of just offered a Tok'ra to Todd, make him a permanent ally.

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                          [IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r119/gmvail23/Stargate%20SG-1/2-10.jpg[IMG]

The Iratus bug can cure any wraith of anything. Pretty amazing bug, sort of like a goa'uld. They should of just offered a Tok'ra to Todd, make him a permanent ally.
                          Picture is not an iratus bug...
                          supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Um ok.

Yeah, excellent ep. Todd proves once again how valuable he is to Atlantis. Mckeller had one little scene so hopefully people will be on the down low with griping. I liked how Sheppard became the spot-light in this episode. It dove into his character more and Todd's reaction was epic.

So this episode we got....
                            • Action packed ep
                            • Team episode
                            • Good character drama and interaction
                            • Excellent Special Effects
                            • A good plot/story

I would give this episode a 9.5/10 the extra .5 goes to Todd's performance. He made this episode excellent and not just good and enjoyable.
                            You summed it all up for me. Saves me the writing considering I am being lazy now...But yeah, everything you said I agree with 100%.

Also, I just want to point out that anti-Keller 'bashers' were proven wrong. It wasn't a Keller episode. It was a 'Team-based episode.' Just as I thought!

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Was it just me or did anyone else get reminded of the zombies that ate people in Resident Evil 3 during the scene when Ronon and Lorne's team were being attacked by the unmasked drone Wraith?
                              Actually, I was reminded of the Reevers from Serenity. I didn't even really get that movie, but just the whole creatures-attacking-people-due-to-a-drug thing.

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
                              Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
                              Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

And yes, I will also jump on the 'Todd/Heyerdahl makes everything taste more like chicken' bandwagon. He once again balanced human passion with wraith aggression in a way that no other wraith personality has yet. That may have been a creative decision, but it doesn't detract from his performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X