This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    And therein lies the problem.....She is far too young to be the CMO....She doesn't have the confidence of a CMO.....If she couldn't hack being in the field or isn't secure enough to think she can come up with a cure then she should leave it to someone who does JMHO
    As usual I disagree with you regarding Keller but I love you anyway. The scene in infection that you are referring to doesn't come across that way to me. It wasn't that she wasn't secure. It came across as guilt IMO which was a logical reaction IMO.

Also the whining thing...That's one of the reasons I didn't like Rodney, he whined way to much for my liking and now Keller's doing the same I just don't like it!
    I don't see Keller as a whiner at all.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      That scene was important because it developed Woolsey's character and continued his development from "Remnants". Woolsey is starting to think out of the box, and he understands now that the I.O.A. way is not always the right call. Looks like Sheppard is rubbing off on Woolsey, lol.

Anyway, great to see the majority here loving this episode. It is good knowing the show is producing excellent eps right down to the wire.
      Yes but I may prefer Woolsey to Carter but i still am not that interested in him, Inquisition was more than enough for me. as i say though, it wasnt a big thing just a little nit pick. it didnt in anyway take away from a great episode IMO
      sigpic
      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Pretty decent episode. Although neither spectacular or particularly ground breaking. And they took far too long to realise the ship was infected. I mean had anyone not figured that out almost immediately?

I was gratified to see the Marine Shep let wander off on his own, when he went back to see Rodney actually lived long enough to rejoin the main group; the odds were against him after all.

Still A reasonably fun episode.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
          And they took far too long to realise the ship was infected. I mean had anyone not figured that out almost immediately
          That was one of the first things I thought of when the ship started going wrong, I don't know why they wouldn't at least think of it

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. At first, Sheppard's hostile attitude bothered me, especially since Todd was really making an effort to take the first step toward peaceful co-existence between humans and Wraith by using the retrovirus. But that's just Sheppard. And he proved in the end that he was still an honorable man.

Two observations about the retrovirus in its current form:

1. Instead of just curing them of their need to feed, it damaged their immune systems and ultimately killed them. Sort of like the Wraith version of AIDS or Wr-AIDS.

2. Maybe for the Wraith, being fed on by an Iratus bug is the equivalent of getting a stem-cell transplant. Even though it might not kill the retrovirus, it would restore their natural healing abilities long enough for them to eliminate it from their bodies by themselves.

Just a couple of thoughts.
            Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              As usual I disagree with you regarding Keller but I love you anyway. The scene in infection that you are referring to doesn't come across that way to me. It wasn't that she wasn't secure. It came across as guilt IMO which was a logical reaction IMO.
              awwwww, thanks Mitchell

Well we all see things differently It'd be rather boring if we all saw the same things

I don't see Keller as a whiner at all.
              I guess people moaning and moaning kinda sound like the whine to me.....That's one of the things I used to hate and Rodney
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                awwwww, thanks Mitchell

Well we all see things differently It'd be rather boring if we all saw the same things

I guess people moaning and moaning kinda sound like the whine to me.....That's one of the things I used to hate and Rodney
                I'd agree if she was doing that I just don't think she is.

Comment

Regarding Teyla using a Life Signs Detector:

Can anyone tell me where it's been said or shown that only someone with the Ancient gene can operate a Life Signs Detector? I've always assumed that was the case, but I don't know where I got that assumption.

Anyway, after all this time, you'd think the science department would have figured out how to get the things to work for everyone, once they're initialized. Or maybe it was specially jury-rigged to work just for Teyla.

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                  (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post

1. Instead of just curing them of their need to feed, it damaged their immune systems and ultimately killed them. Sort of like the Wraith version of AIDS or Wr-AIDS.
                    Wr-aids... love it.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                      Regarding Teyla using a Life Signs Detector:

Can anyone tell me where it's been said or shown that only someone with the Ancient gene can operate a Life Signs Detector? I've always assumed that was the case, but I don't know where I got that assumption.

Anyway, after all this time, you'd think the science department would have figured out how to get the things to work for everyone, once they're initialized. Or maybe it was specially jury-rigged to work just for Teyla.
                      From The Siege Part II:

Everett to Shepard: "Can I see that?"

Shepard: "It won't do you any good you need the gene to use it."

Everett showing that he can use it to Shepard: "I got the gene inoculation an hour ago."

Comment

I thought this episode was a great action episode but it just made no sense.

TRYING to Help Todd after waht he did made no sense, b/c even if he does live he's not going to help distribute a drug that nearly killed him and made his ugly a** soldiers go native on every body.

Maybe the reason those things went crazy b/c thier blood sugar was low, god man carry a freakin candy bar and stop eating people.

And what was up with the Hive changing so much, hell I was waiting for optimus prime to pop up.

Like I said this episode had good action it just made no sense.

Comment

Why would he show up if the Hive was changing a lot?
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                            Teyla seems to be able to grasp the delicacy of the situation and she's lived with the Wraith just as longs as Ronon has.

But you're right; it is his character. Which is why I just don't like him.
                            Teyla's experience with the Wraith has been vastly different. The Wraith didn't destroy her entire civilization and hunt her like an animal for seven years then feed on her repeatedly until she became their servant. Teyla was also raised to negotiate, to compromise for the good of all.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                            How dare he threat Todd like that?

Chris mentioned in an interview that Sheppard and Todd respect each other. It seems the writers beg to differ.
                            *snort* I'm sure John's forgotten all about that little feeding thing Todd did in that Genii prison. Then there was that time Todd stole the info about Midway and let it be stolen from him. And, oh, let's not forget when Todd took over the Daedalus and tried to kill everyone on board. I can't imagine why John might have trust issues with Todd. That Wraith is not to be trusted. He always has something up his sleeve.

I think Sheppard and Todd respect each other as warriors. They respect the strength and determination each other has. Respect and trust - very different things.

I was so hoping Todd was going to offer to shake hands with Sheppard in that last scene since his feeding hand was "safe".

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                            9/10 for me would have been a 10 but im fed up with john having to do a scene with woolsey after missions - i dont know why
                            The scene with Woolsey and Sheppard was very important. It established a timeline, what happened to the team and the hive after it crashed, and what Todd's fate would be. More importantly, I think it showed Sheppard's respect for Woolsey (think back to The Seed was Sheppard jumped up to head to a mission and Woolsey cleared his throat to remind him to ask for permission). It also showed Woolsey willingness to listen to Sheppard's opinion and go against what the IOA would want (when earlier in the ep he insisted they meet with Todd to satisfy the IOA) to do something that might come back to bite them in the butt.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana
                            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Kinda reminded me of Star Wars Episode 3. Ship breaking apart and falling to the surface. At least Todd was able to fly half a ship.

Comment

I think the Keller-Todd scene was shoehorned in. It didn't make sense at all and I don't see the purpose of it. She's not saying Sheppard has compassion, but she is saying that Sheppard views compassion as a weakness like Todd because Sheppard is a soldier. And the line about Sheppard using different tools to save lives as a job description is a joke. Sure, Sheppard may be saving lives, but he's doing that by TAKING them. Which is what Todd just said. All Keller did was "pretty" it up.

Basically, my reaction is, "What the heck are you talking about, Keller?" At the moment, the only point of this scene that I can see is to show how Keller views the idea of compassion, Sheppard, and Todd. And how would Keller know that Todd doesn't understand compassion and see it as a weakness anyways? If this is a writer's attempt at making Keller being profound, it failed. It was going somewhere but it went around the bend and doesn't make sense.

Loved the fight between Sheppard and Todd. Got a speculation about Todd's hurt over Sheppard's statement of, "I don't owe you anything." Because of the way JF and CH acted, I think Todd wasn't talking about debts and their scorecard when he said that Sheppard owed him. I think Todd was talking about themselves. That Sheppard owed it to the relationship between them. He was really saying, "You owe it to us." And Sheppard knew it. His expression and eyes, and the way he kept looking at Todd as he was lead away by the marines, showed that he was unhappy. Sheppard looked liked he was holding back tears. He knows he just told Todd that, whatever it is between them, he decided it doesn't mean anything to him.

I'm also thinking that, personally and emotionally, part of the reason why Todd's so willing to do the gene therapy is because he feels he owes it to their relationship to find another way to survive. There are practical and opportunistic reasons, but there's this thing between them that allows them to work together that they FINALLY played on in this episode. The conflict of interests that forces them to mistrust and anticipate one another what makes the Sheppard-Todd relationship so great.

I do find it very interesting how hurt Todd was by Sheppard's reply, "I don't owe you anything." In the Wraith cell, Todd was facing the wall, with his back toward the bars. That reads as defensive behavior to me; hiding his pain and dealing with it away from the outside world. His remark that Sheppard couldn't let him be makes me think that at the moment, he'd rather Sheppard go away because he brought him pain. Todd is really acting like Sheppard made him cry. It's such a human reaction.

Which brings me to this question: why did Sheppard have such an affect on Todd?

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                                *snort* I'm sure John's forgotten all about that little feeding thing Todd did in that Genii prison. Then there was that time Todd stole the info about Midway and let it be stolen from him. And, oh, let's not forget when Todd took over the Daedalus and tried to kill everyone on board. I can't imagine why John might have trust issues with Todd. That Wraith is not to be trusted. He always has something up his sleeve.
                                But I think there are factors about all those circumstances that has to be taken in account. It's simplifying the complexities if you just look at Todd's actions and disregard the circumstances and reasons. And he does always have something up his sleeve, but it's always as a preparatory precaution exercised as a reaction. While Sheppard's precautionary measures are usually preemptive; do this-or-that before they betray us. As Carter said, "Betray them before they betray us." While Todd's precautions are If They Betray Me I Will Do This.

Comment

Working...
                                X