Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that is what i'm talking about....A good ol team eppie Dang this season has been so frustrating to say the least.....How they can come up with such great eps like The Queen, The prodigal and Infection and then come up with such stinkers like Whispers, The Shrine and Brainstorm to name but a few is a real mystery..

Anywho Infection.....YAY WE GET LOTS OF TEYLA IN AN EP THAT ISN'T HER EP About flippin time we got her doing something other than holding up walls

Even Keller couldn't ruin this ep for me....I didn't like the scenes with her in it though....Man I thought Rodney could whine but Keller sure gives him a run for his money Geez practically the whole way through she done nothing but whine And I don't see a reason why they would add a McKeller scene in there when they were on a hive ship fighting for their lives.....HELLO, professionalism people

And I actually felt really worried for the guys on that hive ship, wondering if they would all get out alive That hasn't happened alot this season...

Now see what happens when they actually write team eps, they rock

Man why couldn't they have done more of this this season

So yep I thoroughly enjoyed this ep....

I give it an 8/10
    sigpic

Comment

hey, Scifi aired two new sneak peeks for BSG during this episode...looks like this episode wasn't that bad
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
        Teyla got prime treatment last season. Let someone else like Rodney take the spotlight for a change.
        Oh dear *wipes tears from eyes* I haven't laughed so much in a while!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Hmm, yup, but still, co-workers should keep paws off each other until they're off-duty
          Have you never patted a co-worker on the back or anything?

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
          * Keller and Todd - their scenes together are always good, but Keller's defense of compassion and then explaining how Sheppard saves lives but uses different tools (and Todd's reaction to that statement) were simply superb
          i liked that they had another great Keller-Todd scenes. the one in First Contact was great.... and this one was just as good

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
          * Keller's confession of inadequacy - while it might be old news, what I liked about it is that she not only still feels that way but Rodney's reaction to it. He didn't laugh or tease or get a swelled ego (though he did say it helped to have one ). He reassured her. You go, Rodney! I love that you're able to see the insecurity in another and be compassionate. You've come a long way, baby.
          Loved that Ego line. i was slightly nervous the writers would give the shiners fuel to whine with this scene.... but there was nothing

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

This episode was horrible. Yeah from my screen name you could tell I was going to say that....Blah...Blah...Blah... I'm a troll...BLAH BLAH BLAH. MAYBE I JUST RECOGNIZE QUALITY WRITING AND THIS ISN'T IT! SGA doesn't even warrant my full attention anymore. With 3 episodes left we get this mediocre crap? It's on in the background when I do something else so I won't feel like I wasted an entire hour of my life at the end.

The Wraith have become a joke. They don't even scare me anymore. Apparently we can now kill them just like a normal human. This all in part by some new kind of gun or bullets? That's really creative TPTB to BS us like that. Don't you remember in The Seige where it took 5 people to take on wraith down? People died last night, but what people...the extras. You know there's not a chance in this pitiful fracking show that a major character would take real damage. Even if a main cast member gets hurts, they are in sickbay and back to normal by next week. You can't keep BS'ing the audience. Atlantis is so fake, so inauthentic...

Instead of keep dragging the gene therapy out since season 2, why not actually do something with it. What if we perfected the therapy to cure all the Wraith and make them into normal humanoids that didn't need to feed. Or what if we do just wipe the Wraith out with the retrovirus and just it as a weapon. Do something just don't keep dragging out the story forever....

Yes Teyla was in the episode and did the 5 things someone mentioned...but 1) all those 5 things took 15 seconds screen time, 2) these task could have been completed by Joe the Plumber and it wouldn't have effected the plot. And where was Ronon...shooting everyone up, that's some major meaty acting.

Bottom line this show is just a joke and its limping to its demise. Beckett & Weir two characters that are sorely missed. I know the DVD sales will be nowhere near SG-1.....FAIL!

Comment

Originally posted by sgaisbad View Post
              this episode was horrible. Yeah from my screen name you could tell i was going to say that....blah...blah...blah... I'm a troll...blah blah blah. Maybe i just recognize quality writing and this isn't it! Sga doesn't even warrant my full attention anymore. With 3 episodes left we get this mediocre crap? It's on in the background when i do something else so i won't feel like i wasted an entire hour of my life at the end.

The wraith have become a joke. They don't even scare me anymore. Apparently we can now kill them just like a normal human. This all in part by some new kind of gun or bullets? That's really creative tptb to bs us like that. Don't you remember in the seige where it took 5 people to take on wraith down? People died last night, but what people...the extras. You know there's not a chance in this pitiful fracking show that a major character would take real damage. Even if a main cast member gets hurts, they are in sickbay and back to normal by next week. You can't keep bs'ing the audience. Atlantis is so fake, so inauthentic...

Instead of keep dragging the gene therapy out since season 2, why not actually do something with it. What if we perfected the therapy to cure all the wraith and make them into normal humanoids that didn't need to feed. Or what if we do just wipe the wraith out with the retrovirus and just it as a weapon. Do something just don't keep dragging out the story forever....

Yes teyla was in the episode and did the 5 things someone mentioned...but 1) all those 5 things took 15 seconds screen time, 2) these task could have been completed by joe the plumber and it wouldn't have effected the plot. And where was ronon...shooting everyone up, that's some major meaty acting.

Bottom line this show is just a joke and its limping to its demise. Beckett & weir two characters that are sorely missed. I know the dvd sales will be nowhere near sg-1.....fail!
              ita
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Apparently we can now kill them just like a normal human. This all in part by some new kind of gun or bullets?
                I thought the gene therapy made the wraith weaker as part of the process? I'm sure i remeber that being said to todd in either The Queen or First Contact

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  Even Keller couldn't ruin this ep for me....I didn't like the scenes with her in it though....Man I thought Rodney could whine but Keller sure gives him a run for his money Geez practically the whole way through she done nothing but whine And I don't see a reason why they would add a McKeller scene in there when they were on a hive ship fighting for their lives.....HELLO, professionalism people
                  Where you see whinning I see guilt.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                    I thought the gene therapy made the wraith weaker as part of the process? I'm sure i remeber that being said to todd in either The Queen or First Contact
                    They were all terminally ill in this episode - dying - including Todd. I guess everyone just missed that major plot point...

das
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                      They were all terminally ill in this episode - dying - including Todd. I guess everyone just missed that major plot point...

das
                      There is that as well

Comment

So to bring this point clearly, didn't they establish the fact that cos of Todd nicking Keller's "gene therapy" treatment (tut tut, Todd, Todd; resorting to stealing, quite disappointed in him but certainly not surprised, lol), he wanted to see if it works but didn't foreseen the side effect which was, degradation of their natural immune system and the evolution of the disease? Hence why they all went into hibernation and the ship travelled to Atlantis on auto pilot.

Same page everyone?

Comment

I didn't miss the point.... My point was apparently the Wraith have been terminally ill from Season's 2-5 as well because they keep dieing really easily...

Comment

I really liked it.
                            I can´t say what was better, finally the team, Teyla doing and saying things that make sense without her being annoying - I even liked her here - which proves that if they would try to write her properly, it could look different.
                            Sheppard was finally a leader again, without yelling at somebody and his interactions with Todd were great. I also loved Todd and Keller together. Todd is obviously an intelligent being who knows the difference between a soldier and a doctor. And Jennifer almost seemed to enjoy the conversation with him.
                            I also loved the McKeller moment Relationship with Jennifer makes Rodney good.
                            Woolsey! This is what I call a commander! He is great.
                            Wraith ships are depressive place and whole episode there was really impressive. The sickness getting into the ship reminded me Farscape and I have to admit that it made a perfect sense. Wraith ships are partially organic after all.
                            And Lorne wasn´t stunned in this one!

But when did exactly Teyla take the gene therapy? A mistake or another thing we have to fill by ourselves? Come on, TPTB, fans are not stupid, you know?

And where was Chuck? I miss him and I am beginning to worry that we won´t see him any more

If S5 were S4, I´d probably would still love SGA. But now, I can say about every episode that it´s "good". Shame.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                              So to bring this point clearly, didn't they establish the fact that cos of Todd nicking Keller's "gene therapy" treatment (tut tut, Todd, Todd; resorting to stealing, quite disappointed in him but certainly not surprised, lol), he wanted to see if it works but didn't foreseen the side effect which was, degradation of their natural immune system and the evolution of the disease? Hence why they all went into hibernation and the ship travelled to Atlantis on auto pilot.

Same page everyone?
                              Well, I'm on that page...the naysayers, however, seem to be reading cliffsnotes.

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Where you see whinning I see guilt.
                                Well she may have felt guilty but she did whine about how it was all her fault and blah blah blah I kinda switched off for the rest of the Keller scenes so I can't remember what else she said so it just sounded like whine whine whine to me

We get more than enough whining from Rodney, we don't need it from anyone else
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X