Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I Just See Weir In The Commercial For Season 5?!?!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    Because she was a girl.
    *snort*

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    When did they run commercials for season 5? I can't even remember the last time I saw a commercial for SGA.
    Must not be watching at the right times, or you skip your commercial-breaks doing other stuff.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      » So he was possibly drunk? How would being at a friends party make a difference
      According to his own blog, he rarely drinks. The point I think PG15 was trying to make is that this interview was done over a mobile phone while he was in transit and at a social function - not e.g. sat down in a comfortable office. I've done business calls that way (walking up and down in the street outside a restaurant in France at 9pm local time talking to the US on a mobile phone) and it's never ideal!

The reason there are so many "you know"s in the quoted interview is because, for some reason, it appears to have been typed up completely verbatim. If you listen to anyone speaking naturally - especially speaking a lot, like answering questions etc, they naturally pepper their speech with things like "umm", "you know", "so".. etc. It's common practice to edit such things out when transcribing an interview - why this wasn't done here, I don't know.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
        This is a very good interview.

PS: On the last day of filming First Strike they called her into their office and told her she was getting axed as a regular, giving her no time to move back to the US or look for other roles/other work/anything. Just hey guess what you no longer have a job gg!!! Yeah, I imagine that's normal in the industry, but for a franchise that constantly raves about how much of a "family" they are, sacking a regular without notice is pretty questionable. Heh, drama. Source: http://www.dtrn.co.uk/downloads/TheS...iHigginson.mp3

As to why they can write it for Woolsey but not Weir? Well, I doubt they can. But it's unlikely he will have 3 years over the course of which everyone will realize he's not really doing anything due to grievous lack of imagination on the writers' part.
        Maybe there's more going on than meets the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          like transformers? :O

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
            WOW, that's a lot of you know's

Because she was a girl.
            Of course...

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
            When did they run commercials for season 5? I can't even remember the last time I saw a commercial for SGA.
            They ran a ton in the hour before the episode during Dr. Who including the infamous "prophet is born" one. I thought they got rid of that one because it was misleading? But I also saw the one with Elizabeth, so Skiffy just likes promoting things that aren't going to happen...
            sigpic
            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              They ran a ton in the hour before the episode during Dr. Who including the infamous "prophet is born" one. I thought they got rid of that one because it was misleading? But I also saw the one with Elizabeth, so Skiffy just likes promoting things that aren't going to happen...
              Ok, well I don't watch Dr. Who so that's probably why I missed it.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Yep. As much as I like TH, it is important to remember that this is basically just an employment dispute played out in a public forum. Both side's stories have to be taken with a grain of salt. That said, getting rid of Weir was stupid. IMO of course.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                like transformers? :O
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                  They ran a ton in the hour before the episode during Dr. Who including the infamous "prophet is born" one.
                  It also said "A Prophet is Born. A civilization is destroyed" on the front page of SciFi before the premiere. I really love that tagline. Like, it's so ambiguous. It's not any particular prophet or civilization, just a prophet. Not even the prophet.

It all sounds very routine. "Ho-hum. Another day, another prophet." And it's so cute that whomever is in charge of promotion feels that the mere mention of prophets and falling civilizations, however vague, will get the audience totally hyped up. "I have seen my share of movie trailers and let me tell you if there's one thing audiences like it is prophets ok trust me." There are layers and layers of absurdity to this promotion. I could go on for hours. I hope future teasers will be as good as this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    me thinks you're right

nope sorry but s4 proved that Atlantis doesn't need Weir. also it wasn't TPTB's decision to include those scenes
                    I have to disagree. I think they need Weir and Carson. It was pure arrogance and short sighted on the part of TPTB to think that their writers was good enough to compensate for the lost of characters that fans have grown attach to. But if I would use one word to describe JM it would be arrogant. It's been hard to stay faithful considering all the stupid changes they have made and continue to make. If a main character is killed off, usually it is the last show doing something to save everyone else. There are very few programs on TV now that are even worth watching. This is why I guess I'm still hanging in there. They need better writers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mekarri View Post
                      I have to disagree. I think they need Weir and Carson. It was pure arrogance and short sighted on the part of TPTB to think that their writers was good enough to compensate for the lost of characters that fans have grown attach to. But if I would use one word to describe JM it would be arrogant. It's been hard to stay faithful considering all the stupid changes they have made and continue to make. If a main character is killed off, usually it is the last show doing something to save everyone else. There are very few programs on TV now that are even worth watching. This is why I guess I'm still hanging in there. They need better writers!!!
                      It's arrogant of the writers to decide what to do with characters on the show they are writing for? Really? I'd say it's their job. Just because you don't agree with their choices, doesn't mean those choices are wrong. Plenty of fans like what they did, plenty don't. You can't please everyone all the time. If you were paid to write and produce for the show, you could do what you wanted with the characters (but please don't expect that everyone would like what YOU did either).
                      sigpic

Comment

I have to disagree. I think they need Weir and Carson. It was pure arrogance and short sighted on the part of TPTB to think that their writers was good enough to compensate for the lost of characters that fans have grown attach to.
                        ok that's your opinion but I'm looking at the facts s4 was very popular which means that Weir wasn't essential to the success of Atlantis

But if I would use one word to describe JM it would be arrogant. It's been hard to stay faithful considering all the stupid changes they have made and continue to make. If a main character is killed off, usually it is the last show doing something to save everyone else. There are very few programs on TV now that are even worth watching. This is why I guess I'm still hanging in there. They need better writers!!!
                        right because he's the one who decided to reduce Weir's involvement in s4? JM and PM are the current showrunners, the producer and writers agreed to do this. also Torri didn't want to return, that's not TBTB's fault
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

How can they go and cut her from the show, after what we saw when she is in one of the Atlantian warships with a new replicator crew...

Comment

» Mekarri, you are my new best friend. My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                            Just because you don't agree with their choices, doesn't mean those choices are wrong.
                            » Doesn't mean they're anywhere near right either.

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            s4 was very popular
                            » is a Subjective opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Spunj View Post
                              How can they go and cut her from the show, after what we saw when she is in one of the Atlantian warships with a new replicator crew...
                              Its kind of hard when TH refuses to do an episode.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                                » is a Subjective opinion
                                true but s4 had higher viewers numbers than s3. those are the facts
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X