Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I Just See Weir In The Commercial For Season 5?!?!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    really? even Lucius?
    Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
      that's what i thought...

bleepers...

i'm still hoping that TPTB go back and get the original actress who played weir, recast her as weir again, and finish the plot arc
      Never going to happen. Even if they wanted ti bring the character back it wouldn't make sense story wise at this point.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

what do you mean?
        I knew I would get an answer that would tell me how awesome season 4 did without Weir. In whatever way it would be worded, that would be the answer.

Originally posted by Jumper_One
        also at least Lifeline, Reunion, DG, The Seer, Midway and TLM would've been different if Weir had still been administrator
        Put in spoilerspace or PM me cause mmmm off-topic - What do you mean different?
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I knew I would get an answer that would tell me how awesome season 4 did without Weir. In whatever way it would be worded, that would be the answer.

Hey FH, I like you and all but you have to take it easy. In fact everyone needs to take it easy just because someone liked or did not like Season 4.
          sigpic

Comment

The main problem is, well, basically, it's false advertising. Using Weir in an ad when WEir isn't in the show is enticing some fans to watch when there's no validity to that ad. We will probably be lucky to even hear her name mentioned, if that.

Comment

Weir is in season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Weir is in season 5.

hey guys, just a casual reader here from Ireland. Nice to meet you all.

Could you elaborate on this please? You would think that if they have her in the promo saying things like 'this war isn't over', this would imply that she is in season five. But we've been told in no uncertain terms that she's not. And now I've stopped watching the show anyway.

So what's the story with this?

Am I to keep watching or no? i.e. is Weir in or out? Apologies for the ultimatum but I'm just being honest about it.

And to repeat what somebody else said, it is kind of false advertising to have somebody in a promo for season five when she's no longer a part of the show.

Comment

Weir is not in Season 5. The clip used in the promo were from a Season 2 episode. As to why SciFi chose to do that, who knows? Their promos are routinely stupid and full of mistakes.

TPTB did want to wrap up the Weir storyline and Torri was offered to come back for one episode. She decided she didn't want to do that and from what I understand the storyline will still be wrapped up but without really involving Weir (it certainly won't involve Torri and will probably have e.g. a replicator (played by some other actress) saying that it is/was/has the memories of Weir but has changed its appearance. Or whatever. The basic fact is, to all intents and purposes, Weir is not in Season 5 - or not as we know her/have previously seen her.
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually, Weir is in Season 5.

Spoiler:
                    Her consciousness is, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                      Yes.
                      oh boy

oh ok I'm just looking at the numbers and they suggest that s4 was a success. whether this was because of Weir or any other character is pure speculation

Put in spoilerspace or PM me cause mmmm off-topic - What do you mean different?
                      Spoiler:
                      Reunion: Sam was able to lead the S&R mission, Weir wouldn't have been able to do that

DG: yes everybody contributed but ultimately it was Sam's knowledge of the Gamekeepers chairs that saved Rodney's and Shep's life and possibly the Atlantis expedition. Weir didn't have this knowledge

The Seer: if Weir had still been base administrator Woolsey would've had no reason to visit Atlantis. also maybe she would've ordered Shep to open fire. or it would've been Shep's decision

Midway: Sam asked Teal'c to visit Atlantis and help Ronon. whether this was successful is irrelevant. Ronon would've been alone on the Midway station and later in the SGC. I'm not sure if he could've killed every single Wraith without help

TLM: Sam and Rodney prepared the Phoenix for combat ASAP. this was only possible because the two most intelligent human being were working together. the Phoenix managed to inflict considerable damage despite terrible odds. sure she died and Michael succeeded but all this wouldn't have been possible if Weir had still been base administrator

happy?

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                      Weir is not in Season 5. The clip used in the promo were from a Season 2 episode. As to why SciFi chose to do that, who knows? Their promos are routinely stupid and full of mistakes.

TPTB did want to wrap up the Weir storyline and Torri was offered to come back for one episode. She decided she didn't want to do that and from what I understand the storyline will still be wrapped up but without really involving Weir (it certainly won't involve Torri and will probably have e.g. a replicator (played by some other actress) saying that it is/was/has the memories of Weir but has changed its appearance. Or whatever. The basic fact is, to all intents and purposes, Weir is not in Season 5 - or not as we know her/have previously seen her.
                      correct however RepliWeir or at least Weir's consciousness will appear in GitM
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

correct however RepliWeir or at least Weir's consciousness will appear in GitM
                        Well I'm staying pretty much spoiler-free so I don't know specific plot details but that was pretty much my point that the arc will be resolved without actually using Torri/Weir - it'll just be some replicator (that doesn't look like Weir, seeing as Torri's not coming back) saying it's got Weir's consciousness or whatever.
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Reunion: Sam was able to lead the S&R mission, Weir wouldn't have been able to do that

DG: yes everybody contributed but ultimately it was Sam's knowledge of the Gamekeepers chairs that saved Rodney's and Shep's life and possibly the Atlantis expedition. Weir didn't have this knowledge

The Seer: if Weir had still been base administrator Woolsey would've had no reason to visit Atlantis. also maybe she would've ordered Shep to open fire. or it would've been Shep's decision

Midway: Sam asked Teal'c to visit Atlantis and help Ronon. whether this was successful is irrelevant. Ronon would've been alone on the Midway station and later in the SGC. I'm not sure if he could've killed every single Wraith without help

TLM: Sam and Rodney prepared the Phoenix for combat ASAP. this was only possible because the two most intelligent human being were working together. the Phoenix managed to inflict considerable damage despite terrible odds. sure she died and Michael succeeded but all this wouldn't have been possible if Weir had still been base administrator

happy?
                          Yes, happy... Though in all of these case, they would have found some other way to fix the problem. Just saying, or they might not have happened the way they did. We'll never know.

Comment

from a new mallozzi/robert picardo interview about dr. weir:

Q: Okay. And I put out a question to - a request to readers and the one question that came back they wanted to know was what is the future possibility of ever seeing Torri Higginson back as Dr. Weir again?

Joseph: To be honest, I think it’s highly unlikely. I mean, you know, I kind of outlined sort of the situation where, you know, last season, you know, she came in and did a couple of guest spots for us and she was terrific, and she seemed very excited about the prospect of coming back.

And, you know, we pitched out the idea of the possibility of, you know, her coming back in and continuing the Replicator storyline which she was, you know, fairly - seemed very excited about.

And so, you know, Carl went off and, you know, he wrote the script and ultimately we contacted her about doing it. And, you know, initially she was a little reluctant and, you know, perhaps maybe thinking about her fans she was wondering if maybe there was a way to sort of create some sort of closure for her character.

And although I mean, we kind of wanted to keep the character alive, if basically she wanted closure then we would be willing to give her closure. And we told her, and then she was still reluctant so we ended up sending her a script to review, and ultimately she passed.

I mean, it’s too bad. I mean, we would’ve loved to have her come back and, you know, and see her no the show but I - you know, I think at this point kind of she’s moved beyond, you know, this show and is, you know, looking elsewhere. So, you know, we wish her the best of luck.

And like I said, she did a terrific job for us when she was here doing her three guest spots last season. And, you know, it’s unfortunately we won’t see her again in season five. But, you know, again, you know, it was her choice and we respect her decision.

Comment

Exactly how many versions of why TH ain't coming are there already?

JM has at least two different ones, and then there's TH's side.

Comment

» I want Lizzie back.

Comment

Working...
                                X