Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I Just See Weir In The Commercial For Season 5?!?!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    » I want Lizzie back.
    Me too.
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Well I'm staying pretty much spoiler-free so I don't know specific plot details but that was pretty much my point that the arc will be resolved without actually using Torri/Weir - it'll just be some replicator (that doesn't look like Weir, seeing as Torri's not coming back) saying it's got Weir's consciousness or whatever.
      yup that's pretty much it

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Yes, happy... Though in all of these case, they would have found some other way to fix the problem.
      they as in TBTB? or do you mean the base?

Just saying, or they might not have happened the way they did. We'll never know.
      you mean if TBTB would've come up with different story ideas? yup

Exactly how many versions of why TH ain't coming are there already?

JM has at least two different ones, and then there's TH's side.
      um no that's not true
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Exactly how many versions of why TH ain't coming are there already?

JM has at least two different ones, and then there's TH's side.
        Seeing as how they downgraded her job from perm to basically a temp, I can see it more from TH's side. The fact that the writers couldn't write for Weir speaks volumes that the writers need to actually do some research, or maybe attend some writing classes

Comment

Why should he be embarassed? It was a good decision as far as I'm concerned.

The entire interview was like that. It was a teleconference he did while he was driving around Montreal, and later at a friend's party.
          Last edited by PG15; 11 July 2008, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Seeing as how they downgraded her job from perm to basically a temp, I can see it more from TH's side. The fact that the writers couldn't write for Weir speaks volumes that the writers need to actually do some research, or maybe attend some writing classes
            In season five they're talking about Woolsey
            Spoiler:
            using his negotiating skills. If they can write it for him, why couldn't they do it for Elizabeth?
            sigpic
            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              they as in TBTB? or do you mean the base?
              There I meant the base.

you mean if TBTB would've come up with different story ideas? yup
              Yup.

um no that's not true
              Uhm... yes... first there was a script (his words), then there wasn't, just an outline (his words again) and now there was a script again. And I do read his blog on occasion.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Uhm... yes... first there was a script (his words), then there wasn't, just an outline (his words again) and now there was a script again. And I do read his blog on occasion.
                from Joe's blog
                Masterchief writes: “…oh by the way I’m not sure if this is a mistake but according to your answer she did in fact reveive a copy of the script. however a few months ago you claimed she didn’t.”

Answer: Sorry. The confusion undoubtedly stems from my use of the word “delivered”. In a past response, I wrote: “The content of the script (which has yet to be delivered) was never even discussed.” First, the content of the script was never discussed. The only creative issue ever brought up was the possibility of giving the character closure, which we were willing to do. Secondly, the script we sent was an early writer’s draft that, while representative of the episode shot, was nevertheless a long way from the “delivered” script (the final version which has addressed all of the other writers’ script issues and, thus, gone out in general circulation - ie. the various departments, the studio, the network).
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-froodock-day/
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  » Thank You!

Originally posted by sblade
                  So many you knows. Joseph is either retarded, or very embarrassed by what he did.
                  » Or he just enjoys stumbling over himself in contradictions.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Why should he be embarassed? It was a good decision as far as I'm concerned.
                  » Oh. Don't you dare.

The entire interview was like that. It was a teleconference he did while he was driving around Montreal, and later at a friend's party.
                  » So he was possibly drunk? How would being at a friends party make a difference

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  using his negotiating skills. If they can write it for him, why couldn't they do it for Elizabeth?
                  » I hate it that they had a chance to make everything right again after the influx of Lizzie questions and the Carson letters/protest but I guess not. Because bring her back would be admitting their mistake. Amazing, the fans were right all along.

Comment

Can't bring her back if Torri doesn't want to return.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                    » So he was possibly drunk? How would being at a friends party make a difference
                    I don't know. He...wanted to stop talking and get back to partying?

Comment

I don't know how people can dismiss the fact that she came back in season 4 to do that bit at the end of TMC. After how they treated her, why would she agree to that? Hmm?

I firmly believe we will see her again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokoya View Post
                        I don't know how people can dismiss the fact that she came back in season 4 to do that bit at the end of TMC. After how they treated her, why would she agree to that? Hmm?

I firmly believe we will see her again.
                        I think if Season 6 happens, there may be a slight chance for her to return. Remember the replicator and ascension balance can leave her character open. I think the producers wanted to leave her character open and that maybe did not sit well with Torri. I honestly don't know at this point and really don't care anymore.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like they still need Weir after all...
                          I agree - Atlantis could use a janitor. TH is pretty funny right? Give Weir a role like the Janitor from Scrubs. would be highy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                            from a new mallozzi/robert picardo interview about dr. weir:

Q: Okay. And I put out a question to - a request to readers and the one question that came back they wanted to know was what is the future possibility of ever seeing Torri Higginson back as Dr. Weir again?

Joseph: To be honest, I think it’s highly unlikely. I mean, you know, I kind of outlined sort of the situation where, you know, last season, you know, she came in and did a couple of guest spots for us and she was terrific, and she seemed very excited about the prospect of coming back.

And, you know, we pitched out the idea of the possibility of, you know, her coming back in and continuing the Replicator storyline which she was, you know, fairly - seemed very excited about.

And so, you know, Carl went off and, you know, he wrote the script and ultimately we contacted her about doing it. And, you know, initially she was a little reluctant and, you know, perhaps maybe thinking about her fans she was wondering if maybe there was a way to sort of create some sort of closure for her character.

And although I mean, we kind of wanted to keep the character alive, if basically she wanted closure then we would be willing to give her closure. And we told her, and then she was still reluctant so we ended up sending her a script to review, and ultimately she passed.

I mean, it’s too bad. I mean, we would’ve loved to have her come back and, you know, and see her no the show but I - you know, I think at this point kind of she’s moved beyond, you know, this show and is, you know, looking elsewhere. So, you know, we wish her the best of luck.

And like I said, she did a terrific job for us when she was here doing her three guest spots last season. And, you know, it’s unfortunately we won’t see her again in season five. But, you know, again, you know, it was her choice and we respect her decision.
                            WOW, that's a lot of you know's

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Because she was a girl.
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jospeh malzois
                              you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know,

so, you know, you know, And, you know, and, you know, perhaps maybe

we kind of wanted to keep the character alive

I mean, I mean, you know, but I - you know, you know, you know, So, you know,

And like I said, And, you know, But, you know, again, you know, it was her choice and we respect her decision.
                              This is a very good interview.

PS: On the last day of filming First Strike they called her into their office and told her she was getting axed as a regular, giving her no time to move back to the US or look for other roles/other work/anything. Just hey guess what you no longer have a job gg!!! Yeah, I imagine that's normal in the industry, but for a franchise that constantly raves about how much of a "family" they are, sacking a regular without notice is pretty questionable. Heh, drama. Source: http://www.dtrn.co.uk/downloads/TheS...iHigginson.mp3

As to why they can write it for Woolsey but not Weir? Well, I doubt they can. But it's unlikely he will have 3 years over the course of which everyone will realize he's not really doing anything due to grievous lack of imagination on the writers' part.

Comment

When did they run commercials for season 5? I can't even remember the last time I saw a commercial for SGA.
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X