Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPTB made the idiotic mistake of killing him and replacing him with cute fluffer Dr Firefly. Don't bring him back like a carrot on a string for fans now. At least he died a hero, don't ruin it.

And who was he a prisoner of?! Now I'm gonna be thinking about this...
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
      The question in my mind is, why do TPTB think Keller is such an improvement over Carson? I'm completely puzzled by this.
      I don't think they necessarily do but I really couldn't see them just writing Jewel out the show/firing her the instant Beckett came back.

Even if the character is overwhelmingly bland and uninteresting.

Hey, I'm sitting in the camp of 'they guy blew up so I'm just glad to see him back at all!'. More episodes would have been nice (I was hoping for 8-10) but it's still a quarter of the season and there is always the small possibility that that count can go up as they complete the second half of the season.

Honestly I think that in a way having Carson back is just going to highlight Keller's weaknesses as a character when his few appearances likely outshine her regular/semi-regular status so they're not really doing her any favours.
      Last edited by doylefan22; 05 February 2008, 02:50 PM.
      sigpic
      by Kaaatie

Comment

2. The beloved Dr. Carson Beckett returns for five episodes!

It’s impossible to write “Dr. Carson Beckett” without using the term “beloved” I’ve noticed. Anyway, yes, it’s true, Paul McGillion will be back with us for 5 episodes. It was great having him back on set in season 4 and we all look forward to seeing significantly more of him this year. “How is this possible?”you ask. “I thought he was dead!”you say. Hey, now that you mention it, he WAS dead! How does that work? Well, tune in to the last few episode of season 4 to find out.
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-all-about-it/
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
          I don't think they necessarily do but I really couldn't see them just writing Jewel out the show/firing her the instant Beckett came back.

Even if the character is overwhelmingly bland and uninteresting.

Hey, I'm sitting in the camp of 'the guy blew up so I'm just glad to see him back at all!'. More episodes would have been nice (I was hoping for 8-10) but it's still a quarter of the season and there is always the small possibility that that count can go up as they complete the second half of the season.

Honestly I think that in a way having Carson back is just going to highlight Keller's weaknesses as a character when his few appearances likely outshine her regular/semi-regular status so they're not really doing her any favours.

Well it's good at least you appreciate seeing him back.

To the rest of you, come on, you get the character you've been clamoring for and instead of being happy you complain that he's only in 1/4 of the season? TPTB could leave him dead and you could have nothing.

Comment

Well, it's been built up with tons of hints for weeks now. I think many of us thought that he was coming back anywhere from at the least 8 episodes to full-time at the most. 5 eps is a little disappointing after having your expectations up so high.

That being said, I am glad we're getting those 5 episodes. I just was expecting more, and now have to adjust my expectations.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

If there is a season 6, maybe he will return for more episode.

So Beckett will be in 5 episode. I am 100% sure that he will be 5x20, because it will be the 100th episode.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                If there is a season 6, maybe he will return for more episode.

So Beckett will be in 5 episode. I am 100% sure that he will be 5x20, because it will be the 100th episode.
                Beckett's a recurring character in s5. I'm pretty sure we'll see more of him if the show gets picked up
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  Well, it's been built up with tons of hints for weeks now. I think many of us thought that he was coming back anywhere from at the least 8 episodes to full-time at the most. 5 eps is a little disappointing after having your expectations up so high.
                  That's just it. It's been so built up by a lot of different sources, so much so that five episodes ends feeling like kind of a slap in the face. It's not, it's definitely a great thing that he's coming back. TPTB didn't have to go that far at all. I know the episodes haven't aired yet but I'm assuming that they could've left it with the Kindered. So I'm glad he's going to be back at all.

Though, I'm interested to see the kind of stories he's going to get. I hope that they're going to give him something really substantial to do. Hopefully his appearances are more than him just standing around as wallpaper or set deco.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                  "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

If it makes you feel better, Keller will have only been in 10 eps this season. One of those eps she wasn't even playing the real Keller. So Carson is not that far off. They could also be setting him up for a bigger role in Season 6.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      If it makes you feel better, Keller will have only been in 10 eps this season. One of those eps she wasn't even playing the real Keller. So Carson is not that far off. They could also be setting him up for a bigger role in Season 6.
                      Thank you, Brian. I enjoy your post and hope that your are right about setting him up for season six.

Comment

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
                        Thank you, Brian. I enjoy your post and hope that your are right about setting him up for season six.
                        I can tell you from the numbers I have seen from SCI FI and other sources, Season 6 looks to be very bright. I just hope the cost does not get too high and they pull a SG-1.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          are you sure? I thought she'd be in 11 eps
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            Yeah, it's 11.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it's 11.
                              thanks
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it's 11.
                                thanks
                                Well actually it's really 10, Because she was not really Keller in one episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X