X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bit miffed, but still think it's good news
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      Great IMO, not too few and not too many, a nice, round number

Well, it's not exactly a round number, but you know what I mean. It's a quarter of the season! That's good
      Lets just hope they don't decide to kill him again at the end of those five.

*Prepares for the episode "Monday" *

I wonder, could I be in Stargate?
      Probably not

Comment

TPTB have been leading the fans on for months about Carson, with JM even giving Mark Shyster Stern credit for "resurrecting a certain character".

Then we get 5 out of 20 episodes? What a slap in the face to the loyal fans!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Seftrex View Post
          Lets just hope they don't decide to kill him again at the end of those five.

*Prepares for the episode "Monday" *
          I don't think they would put the fans through that again, no matter how desperate for ratings they are.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
          TPTB have been leading the fans on for months about Carson, with JM even giving Mark Shyster Stern credit for "resurrecting a certain character".

Well I did not expect full-time or even over 10 eps! I was hoping for like 8 to 10 eps. Maybe they might add more since they are still writing the back half of the season.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Well I did not expect full-time or even over 10 eps! I was hoping for like 8 to 10 eps. Maybe they might add more since they are still writing the back half of the season.
            Yeah there is still the possibility of that happening

Comment

Only 5 eps??

What a disappointing day. I feel like making a t-shirt: "I loyally sat through season 4 and all I got were 5 lousy Carson eps."

Comment

It is not the tptb fault some fans get carried away. Where did tptb say Carson would come back full time? Would be unharmed by his experience and take back off from where he started as CMO?

I never for one moment thought Carson could be in more then a handful of eps.

Honestly the man has
                Spoiler:
                been imprisoned *if spoilers are correct* he is hardly going to just get straight back to being the CMO!

Anyway let this be a lesson to peeps be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. You wanted him back he is back... no pleasing some.

Comment

Carson blew up in season 3, you don't think that bringing him back for 7 eps is "resurrecting a certain character"?

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                    It is not the tptb fault some fans get carried away. Where did tptb say Carson would come back full time? Would be unharmed by his experience and take back off from where he started as CMO?

I never for one moment thought Carson could be in more then a handful of eps.

Honestly the man has
                    Spoiler:
                    been imprisoned *if spoilers are correct* he is hardly going to just get straight back to being the CMO!

Anyway let this be a lesson to peeps be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. You wanted him back he is back... no pleasing some.
                    Well, over on ST:TNG, Picard was integrated into the Borg collective, and still returned later to command, so. . . .yeah, I want Beckett back full time. Keller just grates on me and it has reached the point where I don't listen to her, and even leave the room when she starts babbling about how awful her life has been. No, I will NOT be watching Trio this week, because she is in it. That is how much I can't stand one character, and want another back.

Comment

Joe never said 'resurrecting a certain character'. check out his blog
                      Mark played a big part in ensuring a certain character’s return to the ranks of the recurring.
                      Well, over on ST:TNG, Picard was integrated into the Borg collective, and still returned later to command, so. . . .yeah, I want Beckett back full time. Keller just grates on me and it has reached the point where I don't listen to her, and even leave the room when she starts babbling about how awful her life has been. No, I will NOT be watching Trio this week, because she is in it. That is how much I can't stand one character, and want another back.
                      why do you compare Picard with Beckett. he was Locutus for the better part of two eps and those happen to be the season finale and premiere. totally different suituation
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        Joe never said 'resurrecting a certain character'. check out his blog
                        You are quibbling over semantics. JM said Mark Stern was responsible for bringing back a character. There are lots of words to express that.

why do you compare Picard with Beckett. he was Locutus for the better part of two eps and those happen to be the season finale and premiere. totally different suituation
                        Because Willows Cat said Beckett had been a prisoner and would hardly be in any condition to be CMO again. I pointed out that Picard (In STTNG) had been completely, physically changed to another creature, but was back in his old job within a few episodes. IF the writers want to put a character back, they CAN. In this case (Beckett), they chose to leave us with crybaby Keller instead of returning Beckett where he should have been all along.

Comment

You are quibbling over semantics. JM said Mark Stern was responsible for bringing back a character. There are lots of words to express that.

Because Willows Cat said Beckett had been a prisoner and would hardly be in any condition to be CMO again. I pointed out that Picard (In STTNG) had been completely, physically changed to another creature, but was back in his old job within a few episodes. IF the writers want to put a character back, they CAN. In this case (Beckett), they chose to leave us with crybaby Keller instead of returning Beckett where he should have been all along.
                          This is the only way it could be done. I'm glad Carson is returning just as much as Keller is staying.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

right but he never said that Beckett would be a regular. that's actually my whole point

oh ok. well yeah of course TBTB CAN if they want but they chose otherwise. can't do much about that now
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

The question in my mind is, why do TPTB think Keller is such an improvement over Carson? I'm completely puzzled by this.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                                The question in my mind is, why do TPTB think Keller is such an improvement over Carson? I'm completely puzzled by this.
                                Same reason that some fans like her while others don't. It's all a matter of perspective and opinion.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X