This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Don't bother, she doesn't want to be a mod.
    I nominate Falcon Horus for the mod position

*pauses and laughs*

Anyway, I agree with with Shadow's statement 100%. I get really angry when a person insults you vs. actually debating. I find it is a person's solution when they can't think of something inteligent. Now what was the topic?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I nominate Falcon Horus for the mod position
      I'll pass thank you... I've done mod-duties on other forums.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

As have I. Fun ain't it?
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think it is a thankless job. I appauld anyone who has done it.

*thinks about the topic*

I really enjoyed the Keller and Beckett interaction. They seem to work well together in a medicial situation
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I think it is a thankless job. I appauld anyone who has done it.

*thinks about the topic*

I really enjoyed the Keller and Beckett interaction. They seem to work well together in a medicial situation
            Indeed. Can't wait to see more of it.

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
              Yeah if they were hoping this storyline would make Rachel flourish, they were very very wrong. This whole pregnancy thing for Teyla, not Rachel b/c she looked great, was soooo out of character and now that all is pretty much said and done I would have preferred to not have seen her at all this season (ie she disappeared with her people or went all dark and left Atlantis to find her people and then we see her again in the premiere. We could have even gotten glimpes from the neck up of her somewhere along the line....b/c we saw that much this season anyway.) then to have what we have gotten. I just think it hurt her character.

I am die hard Teyla fan and while I am very happy for Rachel.....this storyline for her character was very wrong. Her talent went to waste in this storyline so I am hoping that once the baby is gone we get our old Teyla back.

IMO this is not a show where a pregnancy, unless it is one like Vala's, belongs.
              You are so right about Teyla. I wish that RC would have been written out until she had the baby. The only way bring a baby into the story line would be like Vala. Otherwise, it is just distracting. Any mother knows once you have a child your life change and will never be the same. The child is always your first consideration and there are always sacrifice to me made. If I wanted reality I wouldn't watch Scifi. I to hope we get our kick ass Teyla back but I don't think we will due to the reason I stated above. Teyla pregnancy was a big mistake for her character. When all is said and done I love having Carson back and I miss Weir. I wish they would get rid of Keller and bring back Carson FULL TIME.

Comment

Originally posted by Mekarri View Post
                You are so right about Teyla. I wish that RC would have been written out until she had the baby. The only way bring a baby into the story line would be like Vala.
                Since when did Rob Cooper get pregnant? Sorry couldn't resist. Well the Vala storyline worked so I guess it could here too.
                Otherwise, it is just distracting. Any mother knows once you have a child your life change and will never be the same. The child is always your first consideration and there are always sacrifice to me made. If I wanted reality I wouldn't watch Scifi. I to hope we get our kick ass Teyla back but I don't think we will due to the reason I stated above. Teyla pregnancy was a big mistake for her character.
                I disagree. TPTB didn't have alot of options to consider and I know that Rachel wouldn't have wanted to be off just because she had a belly. The only other option is show her from midsection up and that's easier said than done. I think it was done well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mekarri View Post
                  You are so right about Teyla. I wish that RC would have been written out until she had the baby. The only way bring a baby into the story line would be like Vala. Otherwise, it is just distracting. Any mother knows once you have a child your life change and will never be the same. The child is always your first consideration and there are always sacrifice to me made. If I wanted reality I wouldn't watch Scifi. I to hope we get our kick ass Teyla back but I don't think we will due to the reason I stated above. Teyla pregnancy was a big mistake for her character. When all is said and done I love having Carson back and I miss Weir. I wish they would get rid of Keller and bring back Carson FULL TIME.
                  Not totally written out. We really didn't see much of Teyla b/c of the pregnancy storyline....you can't have her running around with a P-90 while preggers. When I said that I would have preferred that they didn't write the pregnancy in at all, I meant they could have had her go off on her own and periodically, before the bump really started to show, shown us glimpses or even chunks of her on her own and then really bring her back in the premiere. They shot most of the back half of the season, after she started to really show, out of order so they could get her in before she had the baby and could no longer work.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  Since when did Rob Cooper get pregnant? Sorry couldn't resist. Well the Vala storyline worked so I guess it could here too.
                  I disagree. TPTB didn't have alot of options to consider and I know that Rachel wouldn't have wanted to be off just because she had a belly. The only other option is show her from midsection up and that's easier said than done. I think it was done well.
                  Yeah the midsection thing really wouldn't have worked b/c alot of this show is shot in far out shots or pan out shots. It would have looked horrible if every shot for everyone was a close up when she was in a scene.
                  Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                  &=AWESOME &Forever
                  No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                    Not totally written out. We really didn't see much of Teyla b/c of the pregnancy storyline....you can't have her running around with a P-90 while preggers. When I said that I would have preferred that they didn't write the pregnancy in at all, I meant they could have had her go off on her own and periodically, before the bump really started to show, shown us glimpses or even chunks of her on her own and then really bring her back in the premiere. They shot most of the back half of the season, after she started to really show, out of order so they could get her in before she had the baby and could no longer work.
                    I see your point but I'm not sure I would have liked that.

Yeah the midsection thing really wouldn't have worked b/c alot of this show is shot in far out shots or pan out shots. It would have looked horrible if every shot for everyone was a close up when she was in a scene.
                    Exactly. Their options were very limited.

Comment

I have to say, when I first watched pt2 the other day, I was disappointed. I'd really enjoyed pt1 and this fell a bit flat for me. However, I watched it again last night, this time on a 'proper' TV and it was a bit better. I really don't know why it didn't grab me as much as the first part did...and I don't really know how I feel about Carson being back either. I think I may be a bit concerned that the show is going to get cluttered up with too many characters therefore taking time away from our faves.

Anyway, there were some nice little moments for everyone here. I liked that McKay has now said that Carson is ONE of his best friends as opposed to him being his only (apparently) best friend as he mentioned before. Shep and Ronon being all soldiery and it was fun seeing Joe F's boys there. Bet they had a whale of a time! Connor is always great as Michael and it's now Teyla's turn to be missing!! Yikes...anyone would think it's dangerous out there!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                        I have to say, when I first watched pt2 the other day, I was disappointed. I'd really enjoyed pt1 and this fell a bit flat for me. However, I watched it again last night, this time on a 'proper' TV and it was a bit better. I really don't know why it didn't grab me as much as the first part did...and I don't really know how I feel about Carson being back either. I think I may be a bit concerned that the show is going to get cluttered up with too many characters therefore taking time away from our faves.

Anyway, there were some nice little moments for everyone here. I liked that McKay has now said that Carson is ONE of his best friends as opposed to him being his only (apparently) best friend as he mentioned before. Shep and Ronon being all soldiery and it was fun seeing Joe F's boys there. Bet they had a whale of a time! Connor is always great as Michael and it's now Teyla's turn to be missing!! Yikes...anyone would think it's dangerous out there!!

I agree totally with your review. I've put off reviewing this until I'd watched it on Sky. Your bolded bit is what REALLY has me concerned about season 5. Too many superfluous characters = too spreadly thin character development for everyone.

Paul did a good job, but Carson is dead and he should remain that way. Keller, whether I like it or not, is CMO now. There's no longer room for Carson. I dont want him squeezed in for the sake of it and it really doesn't do the show or other characters any good, IMO. His arc in this episode overshadowed the main story of Teyla and Michael and I felt both the latter characters were shortchanged in favour of a somewhat schmalzy Beckett story. Yawn. I still don't dislike the episode, but I still prefer Kindred I.

I'm disappointed that the plot was so predictable and I really think Carson no longer fits in the show. If they wanted to bring him back, it should have been as CMO, in a limited role. That would have made much more sense to me. But, what's done is done. I sort of dread Carson's episodes in season 5 if they're going to be like Kindred II. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.
                        sigpic

Comment

I cried when Carson was put in stasis.
                          Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                          The Strongest Will Survive!
                          I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy View Post
                            I felt touched when he mentioned Elizabeth. In one episode Paul impressed more than the regulars in this hottest season EVAH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                              I agree totally with your review. I've put off reviewing this until I'd watched it on Sky. Your bolded bit is what REALLY has me concerned about season 5. Too many superfluous characters = too spreadly thin character development for everyone.

Paul did a good job, but Carson is dead and he should remain that way. Keller, whether I like it or not, is CMO now. There's no longer room for Carson. I dont want him squeezed in for the sake of it and it really doesn't do the show or other characters any good, IMO. His arc in this episode overshadowed the main story of Teyla and Michael and I felt both the latter characters were shortchanged in favour of a somewhat schmalzy Beckett story. Yawn. I still don't dislike the episode, but I still prefer Kindred I.

I'm disappointed that the plot was so predictable and I really think Carson no longer fits in the show. If they wanted to bring him back, it should have been as CMO, in a limited role. That would have made much more sense to me. But, what's done is done. I sort of dread Carson's episodes in season 5 if they're going to be like Kindred II. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.
                              While I was happy to see Carson the more and more I think about it, I feel they brought him back to appease the fans and therefore squeezed him into an already crowded cast and storyline. Don't get me wrong, TPTB made it make sense as to the "why" and "how" Michael has done what he has done but you killed the character....let sleeping dogs lie.

The fact that part 2 was all about Beckett, pissed me off a little b/c you had built up this entire storyline with the missing Athosians and it seemed to fizzle out b/c they spent more time on Beckett, only to stick him into stasis until they can find a cure....a pure waste IMO. You had a great guest character in the form of Michael and you squandered it.

Part 1 was definately better....not saying that I totally hated part 2 but it dragged and moved away from what was supposed the main points: Michael and the Athosians and Teyla.

Next season should be interesting....I'm going to need a scorecard for the first few eps in order to figure who is who. Although, to be honest, I don't think the recurring characters will take too much away from the main ones but I do think there are too many of them now.
                              Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                              &=AWESOME &Forever
                              No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                I felt touched when he mentioned Elizabeth. In one episode Paul impressed more than the regulars in this hottest season EVAH!!!
                                It would seem so. About time you admitted it.

Originally posted by jannagalaxy View Post
                                That's good, I know a lot of folks cried at this part. Some fans thought it was a joke. I was like Wha??
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X