This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    Does CarsonClone really need the blanks filled in for Irresistible and Irresponsible? He's better off without them.
    LOL, so true! I bet the team envies Carson for that one.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
      Does CarsonClone really need the blanks filled in for Irresistible and Irresponsible? He's better off without them.

Why would he know about a drug that can manipulate people? It is not like it is in his best interest to monitor medical situations in Pegasus.

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
      So he doesn't remember seasons 3 and 4 - just something else he'll have to deal with. I don't see any inconsistency.
      And John seemed to get caught up with the Stargate Program during the first season or so (and so did Landry when he took over the SGC, the running of which is probably a lot worse than a medical department), so I'm sure Carson can manage less than two years.

What did John have to catch up with? There is a stargate and it allows you travel to other planets. Period because the mission reports from the SGC were void/ ZERO when it came to the Pegasus. So all of them, including Weir who had experience with the Goa'uld. started from zero when they reached Pegasus. Landry's situation was again very different.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      LOL, so true! I bet the team envies Carson for that one.

They envy new Carson for not being able to synthesise a cure for that drug.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        Why would he know about a drug that can manipulate people? It is not like it is in his best interest to monitor medical situations in Pegasus.
        I think you missed my point and took the statement too seriously.

They envy new Carson for not being able to synthesise a cure for that drug.
        Eh, it's called a computer. I'm sure whatever the other Carson had been working on (if anything) was saved on a computer. What's Keller been doing all this time?
        IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm sure they'll have to defrost Cloneson in order to help undo something Michael-y or Wraith-y with his medical knowledge, risking his health further.

Hmm. Sounds like defrosting Jack to get Ancient info on an anti-Rep weapon.

It might be fun to watch Cloneson slowly degenerate while helping the team, like Odo at the end of DS9.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I wouldn't exactly classify having to watch Carson die again as "fun" even if said in jest.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Degenerate, not die. They'll have to find a cure for him, but it might be fun to see how far gone he can get before getting the magic cure.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Degenerate. Suffer. Die. ....

Still not "fun" to watch, imo.

Dramatic maybe.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Drama is fun.
                  I admit, I enjoy seeing the characters suffer a bit.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I liked this episode fairly well.

The scene near the beginning between Rodney and Carson was easily one of the best of the season for me. Very touching, especially when Rodney told him Dr. Weir died. There was another mention of Elizabeth between Sheppard and Carson; that was nice too. And why wasn’t Paul cast as Star Trek’s Scotty, because he is a fantastic actor. He was definitely the highlight of the episode for me.

He isn’t quite our Carson though; he is a clone, with two years of difficult experience. I found it believable that he was able to shoot Teyla’s guards, because of this experience (I also found it moving when he told the story of the woman Michael murdered in front of him). I’m a bit ambivalent about the clone thing, because I hated the Weir duplicate in TMC. I’m probably slightly more accepting of this clone because
                    Spoiler:

I know he’ll actually be returning, not put to death a second time…at least I hope.

I did not like, however, Teyla’s bizarre insistence on taking on Michael and the rest of his gang to get Kanaan back, totally ignoring the welfare of her baby. Wouldn’t she want to get back to Atlantis and see what he injected her with? Unless the injection was already messing up her mind.

Carter annoyed me the least of any episode this season—until the end. Earlier in the episode she was providing an outsider’s opinion on Beckett, reminding the team that he could be a potential enemy. If they had taken this more confrontational, outsider’s perspective with Carter than this forced part-of-the-family approach, I would perhaps have been more accepting of her. But at the end, they’re back to having Carson ask her to deliver a message to his mother, instead of Rodney or someone who he actually, you know, knows.

So , did the Atlantis folk find a new statis chamber, all lit in blue? I would’ve liked it better if they put Carson into the same kind of chamber as they did Weir; I was thinking some of his resistance at being placed in one stemmed from his experience with the old Weir in season one. And the continuity would’ve been nice.

I liked Carson’s good-bye scene, except for the Carter bit. Especially liked Ronon’s reaction. I was thinking however…though I begrudge this character nothing (love him), he got this nice farewell scene, plus a funeral in Sunday…and Weir just got a mention that her things would be returned to Earth. A memorial service, or something of that nature, should have been written for her character.

Comment

1. First eyebrow raise was when Carson said he'd been gone since early S3! Money in my pocket at that point said that Michael had simply replaced him. Either way though - it explains how he seemingly had medical knowledge in Vengeance.

2. Still, this did feel like the real Carson(or as near as we were going to get), other than possibly his comfortableness with a weapon. And even then it turned out that Michael had Asimov'd him. I'd be happy to lose Keller if this Carson was fixed and able to replace her.

3. Interesting to have Nabel back, Milky Way's the safest place to dump him.

4. Teyla played out as expected - other than she's gone missing!

5. Surprised Carson got so familiar with Sam as well.

Overall though, v.good ep!
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Rather than go through all 16 or so pages, i will just say my piece..

Not as good as i was hoping it would be, nor as good as these replies made me think.

Pros.
                        Carson. All his interactions with the other team mates were spot on, but it did seem a little 'off' from the team themselves especially since they were so good with repli wier and their others in this mortal coil
                        Michael. Man is he getting better or what. Though i wonder if the wraith are cloned, why they would need one of those baby scanners.

Bad
                        Halling. What was it with his darn hair? None of the others looked like they got a buzz cut for michael. So why did he?
                        Todd. WHERE was he?
                        the doctors.. why could we not have had a little more emotion out of them towards one another.

All in all, a solid 7 of 10 for me.

Comment

Halling had no hair since Chris Heyerdahl shaved his head for "Sanctuary".

Comment

Waa... What is he playing in sanctuary?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Waa... What is he playing in sanctuary?
                              Doesn't he play
                              Spoiler:
                              the villain? Helen's psycho ex-lover?
                              Last edited by Killdeer; 10 March 2008, 09:12 AM. Reason: spelling
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Yep. He plays Jack the Ripper: http://www.christopherheyerdahl.com/gal_sanctuary.shtml

Comment

Working...
                                X