X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by jenks View Post

Hahahah, I used to joke like that when I was in Kindergarten. In any case, as I said, not your best moment

Comment

It wasn't a joke, I'm being serious. Try reading your post back. 'Logic dictates' LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post

Hahahah, I used to joke like that when I was in Kindergarten. In any case, as I said, not your best moment
        I didn't know you had the grades to make it to kindergarten
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

In any case, moving on from xenophobic posts and behaviour, the fans would have had a different response if the clone died in Sunday. With the current situation TPTB opened doors to new inconsistencies. Shame really, I was looking forward to have the REAL Carson back.

Comment

In any case, moving on from xenophobic posts and behaviour, the fans would have had a different response if the clone died in Sunday. With the current situation TPTB opened doors to new inconsistencies. Shame really, I was looking forward to have the REAL Carson back.
            I saw somebody else mention the clone being inconsistent with previous stuff. Care to elaborate?

Comment

Carson was a marketing strategy, a tease nothing more. They brought him back in order to attract more viewers. Their strategy was a success. It will be very difficult to take him out the pod, give him a shot and download all the memories he is missing. He will not come back in the beginning of S5. Prolly in the middle part...when ratings crash and burn again due to their lack of original plots.
              It feels like a catch 22 here. If the ratings pulled like a 1.2 (Which would of been like a 1.4 last season that is considered good, right?) We'll get the "See Carson did boost ratings and they should of never killed him off!

Now if the ratings tanked or pulled in average ratings with both "Kindreds" folks will just say the show is failing anyway so it doesn't matter.

Spoiler for Season 5

Spoiler:
              Carson will be in Episode 502 "The Seed"!

Listen, I hope the ratings jumped for these eps. That means Carson's return was a winner even if they cannot prove it was because of Carson, he'll still get credit for it. Which would mean they may give him even more eps next season because of the success.
              Last edited by Briangate78; 05 March 2008, 02:45 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I felt touched when he mentioned Elizabeth. In one episode Paul impressed more than the regulars in this hottest season EVAH!!!
                I'm assuming the hottest season EVAH is in sarcasm But true, he outshined everybody in this episode

Yes, indeed. The fans cried for two years to have Michael back. You had better moments, mate.

Comment

You can disagree all you want but the data supports my theory.
                  what theory? do you mean ratings, Carson or the in your opinion lack of original plots?

Ratings were okay for this episode.
                  they were? it's been a few days and you know the rating? care to enlighten us?

Better than most of the episodes.
                  of s4?

Logic dictates, Carson was the reason for this.
                  no it doesn't. logic dictates that there was a reason for a potentially better rating (I'd still like to know those numbers and your source since you claim to know them). you can't prove that Carson was the reason, it's speculation

In any case, moving on from xenophobic posts and behaviour, the fans would have had a different response if the clone died in Sunday.
                  yeah so? different plot -> different opinions. what's the big deal?

With the current situation TPTB opened doors to new inconsistencies.
                  they have? care to elaborate?

Shame really, I was looking forward to have the REAL Carson back.
                  as was I but that's not what we got. let's move on

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  It feels like a catch 22 here. If the ratings pulled like a 1.2 (Which would of been like a 1.4 last season that is considered good, right?) We'll get the see "Carson did boost ratings and they should of never killed him off!

Now if the ratings tanked or pulled in average ratings with both "Kindreds" folks will just say the show is failing anyway so it doesn't matter.

Spoiler for Season 5

Spoiler:

Listen, I hope the ratings jumped for these eps. That means Carson's return was a winner even if they cannot prove it was because of Carson, he'll still get credit for it. Which would mean they make give him even more eps next season because of the success.
                  well said Brian
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

It will be very difficult to take him out the pod, give him a shot and download all the memories he is missing.
                    Not really. Taking him out of the pod is obviously easy; we will get the necessary medicine when we capture Michael (he had the drug, after all), and I doubt they'll download any memories into him because...why would they?

He will not come back in the beginning of S5. Prolly in the middle part...when ratings crash and burn again due to their lack of original plots.
                    Nope.

Spoiler:
                    Carson's already scheduled to be in "The Seed" (502) and "Whispers" (507)

You can disagree all you want but the data supports my theory. Ratings were okay for this episode. Better than most of the episodes. Logic dictates, Carson was the reason for this.
                    We don't know the ratings for this episode...

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      It feels like a catch 22 here. If the ratings pulled like a 1.2 (Which would of been like a 1.4 last season that is considered good, right?) We'll get the "See Carson did boost ratings and they should of never killed him off!

Spoiler for Season 5

Spoiler:

Listen, I hope the ratings jumped for these eps. That means Carson's return was a winner even if they cannot prove it was because of Carson, he'll still get credit for it. Which would mean they may give him even more eps next season because of the success.
                      I think Carson being in this episode is probably gonna boost the ratings significantly. I've already said that waaaay back in this thread. But I don't think it's just because it's Carson as much as it is Carson returning. If he'd never left the show the ratings wouldn't even be a topic of discussion.

Kinda like "You don't miss it until it's gone" sorta thing.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the thread for this post. Because this is general discussion after all.

After watching The Kindred PT2 it reminded me of another TV show ST: Deep Space Nine. I don't remember the subtitle. In the episode Kira was taken prisoner by a crazed Cardassian soldier so he can take her unborn child (which she was carrying for the O'Brien's due to an accident). So, he can do what he want with the child.

The comparison:

Crazed psychopath Cardassian soldier/ Micheal kidnaps pregnant woman Kira/Teyla because he want the unborn child. Then crazed Cardassain / Micheal can right a wrong that was done to him/them. The claim: The child will serve a greater good for the future. I wonder if the writers of SGA "borrowed this idea from ST: Deep Space Nine. Just a thought.

LS

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                          I saw somebody else mention the clone being inconsistent with previous stuff. Care to elaborate?
                          The clone missed more than half a season in SGA. He has no memories of :
                          1. Irresistible
                          2. Sateda
                          3. Progeny
                          4. The Real World
                          5. Common Ground
                          6. McKay and Mrs. Miller
                          7. Phantoms
                          8. The Return Part 1
                          9. The Return Part 2
                          10.Echoes
                          11.Irresponsible
                          12. Tao of Rodney
                          13. The Game
                          14. The Ark
                          15. Sunday
                          Any reference to situations depicted in those episodes will create inconsistencies. In this episode I gave him the benefit of the doubt because he was in shock when Rodney told him that Weir was killed by the Replicators. Him reading reports at the SGC does not really work because the Asurans are different from the MW replicators. I am talking about reports prior to the episode he where he was cloned. Carson could become acquainted with those situations by reading reports (after the episode where he was cloned). It will take a lot of time and if you recall Mitchell had nothing else to do on the hospital bed. Carson will have to run the medical department. That is very consuming, especially in the Pegasus. Yet another situation created by TPTB where we have to speculate and fill in the blanks.

Turning now to personal relationships, one can see some of the changes that occurred through Ronon's behaviour. He is distant and does not want to go through what he went in Sunday. He stays away and tries to protect himself. Clone Carson does not understand this. Sheppard is of no help either because he blames Ronon's behaviour on the initial shock. We all know that Sheppard sucks at expressing his feelings too so he chooses the easy way out and feeds crap to clone Carson. Carson cannot comprehend why Ronon is so upset because he has no memories of how deep their friendship was until Sunday. Rodney is the only one who shows how close they were but clone Carson does not understand. Rodney is so desperate because he feels guilty for ditching Carson and choosing Katie. Clone Carson cannot understand this. These are only a few things, relationship wise. As I said before, Carson is on a different frequency than the rest.
                          Last edited by Integrabyte; 06 March 2008, 01:22 AM.

Comment

So he doesn't remember seasons 3 and 4 - just something else he'll have to deal with. I don't see any inconsistency.
                            And John seemed to get caught up with the Stargate Program during the first season or so (and so did Landry when he took over the SGC, the running of which is probably a lot worse than a medical department), so I'm sure Carson can manage less than two years.
                            Last edited by Naonak; 06 March 2008, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Turning now to personal relationships, one can see some of the changes that occurred through Ronon's behaviour. He is distant and does not want to go through what he went in Sunday. He stays away and tries to protect himself. Clone Carson does not understand this. Sheppard is of no help either because he blames Ronon's behaviour on the initial shock. We all know that Sheppard sucks at expressing his feelings too so he chooses the easy way out and feeds crap to clone Carson. Carson cannot comprehend why Ronon is so upset because he has no memories of how deep their friendship was until Sunday. Rodney is the only one who shows how close they were but clone Carson does not understand. Rodney is so desperate because he feels guilty for ditching Carson and choosing Katie. Clone Carson cannot understand this. These are only a few things, relationship wise. As I said before, Carson is on a different frequency than the rest.
                              Yet another reason why a cloned Carson will be more interesting. He still went through over 2 years with this team so they were still friends and whatnot. The events in Season 3 brought them even closer, so yes Carson doesn't understand everything, but he is not far off from this frequency.
                              sigpic

Comment

Does CarsonClone really need the blanks filled in for Irresistible and Irresponsible? He's better off without them.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X