This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    I agree totally with your review. I've put off reviewing this until I'd watched it on Sky. Your bolded bit is what REALLY has me concerned about season 5. Too many superfluous characters = too spreadly thin character development for everyone.
    This is my concern as well for season five. We will be bogged down with so many characters that we will end up not really getting to know any of them any better. Carson is back, Keller is now full time, we have a new team and a new Captain and of course Woolsey, oh not forgetting, Lorne, Zelenka, Caldwell, Elllis and the return of Larrin...

So I'm afraid we are going to get repeats of Kindred 2 type of episodes where characters are just stuck in and not really dealt with properly while the story flits from one character to another, and ultimately I'll end up caring about none of them.

Paul did a good job, but Carson is dead and he should remain that way.
    I agree. Carson is dead and should have remained so. He didnt add anything to the story and I couldn't get myself to care whether they found a cure for him or not. I really didnt like how everyone just accepted him back like he was the real thing. Can we replace people that easily.

Keller, whether I like it or not, is CMO now. There's no longer room for Carson. I dont want him squeezed in for the sake of it and it really doesn't do the show or other characters any good, IMO. His arc in this episode overshadowed the main story of Teyla and Michael and I felt both the latter characters were shortchanged in favour of a somewhat schmalzy Beckett story. Yawn. I still don't dislike the episode, but I still prefer Kindred I.
    I completey agree. Carson just felt like he was squeesed in and it completely detracted from the story IMO. I wanted to see the continuation of Kindred 1 and the consequences of what Michael was up to but this seemd to be pushed aside or not given near as much time and effort that it deserved, instead we got everyone tearing up over a clone of Carson and the emotion just felt contrived and unrealistic.

I'm disappointed that the plot was so predictable and I really think Carson no longer fits in the show. If they wanted to bring him back, it should have been as CMO, in a limited role. That would have made much more sense to me. But, what's done is done. I sort of dread Carson's episodes in season 5 if they're going to be like Kindred II. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.
    If they wanted to bring him back then he should have least been the real thing, otherwise they shouldnt have bothered. I'm not looking forward to any of the future Carson episodes after Kindred 2.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy View Post
      I cried when Carson was put in stasis.
      My wife did too but she was relieved when I told her he'll be back.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Simply rubbish approach towards Carson. Reset but not really . Make up your mind people!! . He is back, but he is not really back because he is dying. Why bother bringing him back if you will take him away at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          Simply rubbish approach towards Carson. Reset but not really . Make up your mind people!! . He is back, but he is not really back because he is dying. Why bother bringing him back if you will take him away at the end?
          nobody took him away. wait until TLM and
          Spoiler:
          of course S&R, he'll be back in s5
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

SGA - MGM Stargate: Interior Motives:

From MGM Stargate:

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=70

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Interior Motives

March 5, 2008 (Episodes)

Stargate Atlantis production designer James Robbins talks about his work on the season’s exciting penultimate episode – ‘The Kindred Part 2’.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

How do we know they will?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                How do we know they will?
                Carson was a marketing strategy, a tease nothing more. They brought him back in order to attract more viewers. Their strategy was a success. It will be very difficult to take him out the pod, give him a shot and download all the memories he is missing. He will not come back in the beginning of S5. Prolly in the middle part...when ratings crash and burn again due to their lack of original plots.

Comment

Carson was a marketing strategy, a tease nothing more. They brought him back in order to attract more viewers. Their strategy was a success. It will be very difficult to take him out the pod, give him a shot and download all the memories he is missing. He will not come back in the beginning of S5. Prolly in the middle part...when ratings crash and burn again due to their lack of original plots.
                  I disagree though I have tons more faith in TPTB than you.

Comment

Carson was a marketing strategy, a tease nothing more.
                    do you know that for a fact? I'm not disagreeing with you, just asking

They brought him back in order to attract more viewers. Their strategy was a success. It will be very difficult to take him out the pod, give him a shot and download all the memories he is missing.
                    indeed that's why we'll have to wait until TLM and S&R etc have aired. oh and remember this is sci fi

He will not come back in the beginning of S5.
                    you don't know that
                    Spoiler:
                    there's a good chance we might see him in The Seed

Prolly in the middle part...when ratings crash and burn again
                    again? this never happened

due to their lack of original plots.
                    your opinion and I disagree
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

indeed that's why we'll have to wait until TLM and S&R etc have aired. oh and remember this is sci fi
                      Agreed.

you don't know that
                      Spoiler:
                      I'd say a really good chance since there are several pics of him for that ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

you don't know that
                        Spoiler:

again? this never happened

your opinion and I disagree

You can disagree all you want but the data supports my theory. Ratings were okay for this episode. Better than most of the episodes. Logic dictates, Carson was the reason for this.

Comment

Originality is in the eye of beholder. What is orginal for one person is predictable to another.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

You can disagree all you want but the data supports my theory. Ratings were okay for this episode. Better than most of the episodes. Logic dictates, Carson was the reason for this.
                            Logic? No it doesn't, you could just as easily say that Michael was the reason for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Logic? No it doesn't, you could just as easily say that Michael was the reason for it.
                              Yes, indeed. The fans cried for two years to have Michael back. You had better moments, mate.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X