Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller's Crossing Pre Airing Speculation and Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schuey View Post
    I'd love to see Jeanie again and the interations between Mckay and his niece, he better bring a present for her this time lol
    lol. but it is true, where could be get one on Atlantis? a dead ZMP maybe?

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    I am not sure about the spoiler. I am sliglty disappointed but I think this is good opportunity for Rodney to show how he is as big brother.
    i see where you're coming from, coz a lot of the earth-based eps from sg1 were pretty light. but there is great opportunity for rodney to be the hero here, if they don't mess it up.
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Plot spoilers beneath the cut. From SG1_Spoilme list

MILLER'S CROSSING

Spoiler:
      As always, spoilers are based on incomplete information that is subject to radical change.

This episode brings back Jeanie Miller, Rodney's sister. Jeanie goes missing,
      promptly Rodney to return back to Earth to find her. This action results in
      his abduction as well. Apparently HENRY WALLACE snatched Jeanie and then
      Rodney. This Wallace guy is smart; he's deactivated Rodney's subcutaneous
      transmitter. He's also the president of a technology company that makes the devices, and
      is a government subcontractor. As usual with government stuff, information is
      bandied about and wallace has ferretted out information on the Stargate
      program. However, unlike some of SG1's civilian villains, it's not greed that
      prompts him.

Apparently his daughter SHARON, a young woman, is dying from acute leukemia.
      Medical help on earth has hit a roadblock, so WALLACE has begun to use nanites
      to assist his daughter's recovery, but they're malfunctioning. He needs the
      McKay siblings to help fix the nanite codings (and in fact states that Jeanie
      was probably enough, but getting Rodney was a bonus - which is probably a blow
      to McKay's ego). WALLACE promises to let the McKays go if they save his
      daughter. If they don't, well, we don't know what will happen.

Meanwhile, Sheppard and Ronon (both on earth) are desparately trying to find
      Rodney. AGENT BARRETT (from SG1) has a lead that so far has hit a dead end,
      but a lead to a company resulted in an ambush on Barrett and his men. Meanwhile,
      the Vancouver PD are working on the disappearance as well.

Other characters (thus far) include SGT HARRIMAN.

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
        thanks for the info SGFerrit. do we know this
        Spoiler:
        Henry Wallace guy?
        I don't think so, I don't remember his name being mentioned.

I was a bit iffy about the spoilers at first, but I think if done right this could be an xcellent episode, and let us see different sides to Mckay, as well as a continuation of the Jeannie storyline I expect the guy won't really be a bad person, just going to desperate measures to help his daughter.

Comment

^true. it is early days yet; whoever got this spoilers could be wrong. but it's nice to hope
          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
          "what?"
          *throat punch*
          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I don´t know, I am maybe too pesimistic and I am really looking forward to this episode and so I am afraid to be disappointed again (like at Pegasus Project).
            It looks (to me) that they need to make from Rodney coward again. I mean, the purpose probably is, that he needs to be kidnapped so he can be confronted with kidnappers and protect his sisters. But...it looks also like that Rodney is (for authors) just the little stupid McKay who needs to be rescued by Sheppard so Sheppard can be the real hero. I don´t know...I am waaay to negative these days.
            Of course, I hope I am wrong and that it will be OK. And I trust to Martin Gero....and I have to hope that if Martin will write some development for Rodney here, that the next author in next episode won´t make from Rodney comic relief again.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

If that's the plot, it has potential. Sounds like a good opportunity for some more McKay development and interaction with his sister. They'll have to cooperate with each other to save their butts.
              I'm also looking for ward to seeing Sheppard and Ronan on Earth searching for Rodney and Jeannie.

It doesn't sound like much of a comic episode so hopefully Rodney won't be made fun of in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                It doesn't sound like much of a comic episode so hopefully Rodney won't be made fun of in any way.
                Oh please this is Martin Gero he wouldn't pass up the opportunity to make McKay look like an ass. And no doubt the McKay fans who only like him 'cause he is funny' *groan* will have a field day.

The only reason I can really see to watch this is for Kate and David. Bring it on! Two Hewlett's are better then one!

Comment

I've got to admit, I pay no attention to who writes what episodes. I know some of the names but if you asked me to name 3 Martin gero episodes, I couldn't. Maybe I should start learning who wrote what. Forgive me, I've only been an Atlantis fan for a couple of months.

So now my anticipation of this episode has been dulled.

Comment

Well, just to enlighten you, Good ole' Marty G. has wrote:

SG1
                    The Powers That Be
                    Bad Guys
                    200 (with everyone else)

Atlantis
                    Childhood's End
                    The Storm
                    The Eye
                    Hot Zone
                    The Brotherhood
                    The Siege Part 1
                    The Siege Part 3
                    Duet
                    Conversion
                    The Lost Boys
                    Grace Under Pressure
                    Coup d'Etat
                    Allies
                    No Man's Land
                    McKay and Mrs. Miller
                    The Return (2-parter)
                    Sunday
                    First Strike

Comment

This story is very similar to Desperate Measures, where Adrian Conrad kidnapped Carter to cure himself with a Goa'uld.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I know I don´t understand why do they have to do it again. But truth is that those are Hewletts we are talking about. They can handle any episode. It´s big difference between them and...anyone else.
                        And why the frak is Walter there? Does it mean that if in this episode won´t be Carter (oh, please, let her be absent here) that they so necessary need to have someone else from SGC? Why can´t just Sheppard and Ronon go by themselves? I understand Berrett but Walter?
                        And I want Rodney and Jeannie to get themselves from trouble. I don´t want to see hero Sheppard again. I certainly hope that Sheppard will show at least little concern for his friend this time and not that he will take it as "cool" party like in GUP where loss of McKay was just good reason to try sumbersial Jumper
                        Oh, and one more thing. I certainly hope that if we will see some development at Rodney than it will be obvious in next episodes, too. Not like this year when he hugs his sister in one episode and tries to make hole to the wall by spoon in another.

I hope I wrote it understandable. And sorry for bitterness, I am probably too often in anti-threads...

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Well, just to enlighten you, Good ole' Marty G. has wrote:

SG1
                          The Powers That Be
                          Bad Guys
                          200 (with everyone else)

Atlantis
                          Childhood's End
                          The Storm
                          The Eye
                          Hot Zone
                          The Brotherhood
                          The Siege Part 1
                          The Siege Part 3
                          Duet
                          Conversion
                          The Lost Boys
                          Grace Under Pressure
                          Coup d'Etat
                          Allies
                          No Man's Land
                          McKay and Mrs. Miller
                          The Return (2-parter)
                          Sunday
                          First Strike
                          All the best Atlantis eps then, almost...

Comment

Another thought: I think I would like to see "evil McKay" here. I think that if he wouldn´t cross some lines because of Jeannie than who? I would like to see them escape by themselves, true. But if, just theoretically, Rodney were forced to kill some man to protect Jeannie? I think it could affect his character very much....
                            Wasn´t in the Mallozzi´s song "disappearence of one, dark turn for another" (not exactly like this but you have a picture). What if it belongs here? I mean, JM never confirmed what episode is it, did he?

Comment

Okay, Martin Gero has written a lot of Atlantis episodes, many of them really good.
                              Thanks for the list, PG 15.

Comment

No problem.

I just want to spread the Gero love, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X