This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    sry for the confusion. I just rewatched the episode and i made a mistake. I thought Teyla was entering the room finding Keller looking over Dr H's body. but clearly it was the other way around. maybe Teyla does have command clearance though I'd find that a little odd. anyway sry again my mistake
    well not neccesarily. i mean as strange as it sounds weir often left teyla in command of atlantis so teyla would have command authorisation of some sort.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyNamedSue View Post
      Well, actually, my reply to Ruffles should say: Well, in that case Lorne should have been at that table, and Carter shouldn't.

I'm in total support of Carter in charge of Atlantis - she's got experience and her own command skills to stand on. Keller, not so much. That's why they should have sent an experienced, competent replacement for Beckett when they decided to sent in Carter to replace Weir.

Bottom line, Keller is the ultimate Mary-Sue of the Stargate franchise.
      The difference in Lorne and the rest was he didn't remember any of it.
      LORNE: I'm so glad no-one was hurt.
      HEIGHTMEYER : And you don't remember anything?
      LORNE: No. Honestly, I haven't had a sleepwalking incident since I was, like, ten.
      My personal opinion on Carter not getting any sleep was the amount of stress she was under. She had just lost a member of the expedition and came close to losing Sheppard and McKay. She's in a brand new place with unfamiliar responsibilities, and her entire senior staff had been attacked by an alien entity. I wouldn't get much sleep either.

I wouldn't have objected to seeing Radek or Evan join them at the table at the end, but I had no problem with Keller being there. She had been as traumatized as the rest of them and would be seeking company.

Originally posted by prion View Post
      They never gave a time period, although Mallozzi said he thought a few (or was it several?) weeks had passed. Of course, Sam had better not become friends with Teyla as Teyla’s friends all seem to die, don’t they? Beckett? Weir (for all intents and purposes, gone), Kate… damned, the black widow curse of sorts!
      No actual time period has been given (especially between Reunion and DG), but it's reasonable to assume a couple of weeks (at least) have passed since Ronon's wounds have healed. There was enough chit chat at the beginning of Reunion to know that several weeks passed between Lifeline and Reunion (time to choose a new leader, IOA stonewalling Sheppard on rescuing Weir, window replaced, wounds healed).

Teyla still has a few friends alive - Halling, Sheppard, Ronon, Rodney, etc. Sam just has to remember to not date anyone.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana
      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        well not neccesarily. i mean as strange as it sounds weir often left teyla in command of atlantis so teyla would have command authorisation of some sort.
        maybe these kinda things changed since Carter took over. however it would be easiest solution
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post

Teyla still has a few friends alive - Halling, Sheppard, Ronon, Rodney, etc. Sam just has to remember to not date anyone.
          yeah otehrwise all the male cast members are at risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
            One reference to Carter's past would have been tolerable. But there were multiple references to Carter's past, if not by Carter herself, then by those around her. IMO it was just too much.

Those references, the comparison to O'Neill's experience, the convenient dream machine, simply reinforced for me that Carter has seen it all, done it all and will serve as a convenient source for last-minute technolgical saves. Makes it easier for the writers I suppose. Who needs creativity when Carter's there?

I thought they were out of place. Very awkward. Especially Kate's comment. I'm not sure she would have felt compelled to spit that out in front of everyone. It wasn't really pertinent. Carter had already established that she'd already seen her share of alien entities, blah, blah... I've not doubt she would have regaled us with her own experience had it applied. It just seemed like another little hint toward yet one more SG-1 episode we the viewers should check out.

Maybe if I were an SG-1 fan it would be a fun little trip down memory lane, but since I'm not, it just seemed like awkward writing.

But the writers took pains to point out to us that they were recycling elements of an earlier SG-1 story. Why shouldn't we take them at their word? Apparently it wasn't an exact match, but there must have been enough similarties for them to feel the need to point it out.

I'm afraid Carter is going to be a crutch. Ran out of plot ideas? That's okay. Carter will make refrence to it so it's no longer about a reused plot, but all about Carter's vast experience coming into play. Wrote yourself into a corner? That's okay. Carter will come up with a solution from her many years of SG-1 experience, or introduce an ingenious piece of alien technology she's discovered along the way.

That was disappointing. Once, again we didn't really learn anything new about Sheppard. JF did a terrific job with what he was given, but he did spend a lot of time just looking evil, and fighting evil Sheppard in the end. It would have been nice to go somewhere new with his character.
            I agree. I really don't want SGA's solutions to be based on carter's experiences. One thing I do hope,though, is that they don't try to apply carter's experiences to the Wraith or Asurans.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

maybe these kinda things changed since Carter took over. however it would be easiest solution
              well that could be why teyla's dream included her fear of not being trusted by carter. Weir trusted her with everything, but sam doesn't even know her. Perhaps even events unfolded on screen where sam questioned teyla in a command role. again it's just one of those things left to the imagination until it's on screen.

Comment

I don't know. Two of my friends have given me a copy of their house keys. I have no problem with the idea that Heightmeyer gave Teyla a "key" (in whatever form it is) to her quarters.

For that matter, in early S2 (Duet?), Ronon barges into Teyla's quarters. Perhaps some of them just don't lock their doors.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana
                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

How are ancient doors locked?
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    And me.

One of the things I especially liked about this episode is the way Carter is fitting in. She seems like she will be a very strong leader. That showed in her speech. She let through a bit of emotion, but not too much. In times like that, a leader should not show emotion, or fear. The people of Atlantis' needed her to be strong, and she was. I thought that was nice.

And I thought Keller was great too. Her nightmare was definately the best. Seeing Teyla there all dead and stuff was really creepy IMO. I look forward to seeing alot more of her, especially in 'Missing'. I think she is going to be very different to Carson, which is a good thing. I want her to be her own character, not a female clone of him.
                    Agreed. I loved fact how Carter is fitting in well and how Keller seems to be doing real well. Great interaction IMO also the fight of the duelling sheps was priceless. Also loved how Rodney came to Sheps rescue.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                      How are ancient doors locked?
                      personally i think they only lock from the inside. No one seems to botehr when they leave their rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        personally i think they only lock from the inside. No one seems to botehr when they leave their rooms.
                        Yeah but since she was inside the room I see how some are confused. But this is how I see it, Teyla said that she didn't report for work and went to check on her so if the doors lock there most likely is an overide.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Yeah but since she was inside the room I see how some are confused. But this is how I see it, Teyla said that she didn't report for work and went to check on her so if the doors lock there most likely is an overide.
                          yeah particularly if teyla is considered as command staff.

Comment

I don't know. Two of my friends have given me a copy of their house keys. I have no problem with the idea that Heightmeyer gave Teyla a "key" (in whatever form it is) to her quarters.

For that matter, in early S2 (Duet?), Ronon barges into Teyla's quarters. Perhaps some of them just don't lock their doors.
                            So far there is no 'key' but just a wave of a hand, so it seems to be coded to a person, aka DNA swipe, a biometrics thing, which would make sense, and some people (medical) would have overrides. It's possible Kate gave her access.

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                            I agree. I really don't want SGA's solutions to be based on carter's experiences. One thing I do hope,though, is that they don't try to apply carter's experiences to the Wraith or Asurans.
                            WEll, her experience with the Goa'uld isn't going to help at all with the wraith except for shooting lots of bullets...

Teyla's female friends all die (the guys are safe). Most of Sam's male friends, etc. get injured or die or abducted by aliens or are aliens who die. So teyla should have friends who are male and they'll be relatively safe, and Sam shouldn't look romantically at any guys or else they might get injured or die

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

Alas, Shep didn't have much to do this episode except say "I can't control what people dream" and I almost thought, it's his day off, what with wearing the fleece pullover (although that was so we viewers could figure out which Shep was which during the fight scene).

Well, Atlantis was locked down, so technically it WAS a day off for them non-scientists/doctors.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Well, Atlantis was locked down, so technically it WAS a day off for them non-scientists/doctors.
                                Um, he was doing nothing BEFORE the lockdown.

Comment

Working...
                                X