Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doppelganger Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    No comments yet about the Doppelganger article? I think it sounds pretty awesome.

Where is everyone tonight?
    Ok I'll be the first, after reading the article I am even more excited to see this ep. I can't wait for season 4.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Ok I'll be the first, after reading the article I am even more excited to see this ep. I can't wait for season 4.
      Ditto! It sounds like there could be some Shep angst too - everyone getting edgy and uncomfortable around him and him having no idea why. Given his need for acceptance, that would be very uncomfortable for him. Definitely getting more and more excited for season 4.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there......
      sigpic
      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

I always stay away from episode speculation threads because I like to watch a new episode with a fresh view. I'm OK with teasers and general spoilers, but I don't like to speculate on different possibilites. I prefer to watch the episode first and see what TPTB had in mind.

I always read the spoilers posted at Gateworld's news and Joe Mallozzi's blog and nothing else before the eppy airs

Anyway, I've just read Darren's article and I think this eppy's going to be AWESOME.

So far all the stuff I've read at Joe Mallozzi's blog and Gateworld about season 4 makes me think it'll be a great season. The only thing I don't like is the
        Spoiler:
        cast changes. But we know Carson's back for some episodes and Elizabeth's at least in 4, so maybe if there's a season 5 they'll be back. I can live with both being only recurring in s5 if they're in a nice number of episodes, like Paul McGillion was in season 1.

So far all the stories and plots we know from s4 seem to be great. IMHO, season 3 is the best season by far (and I do love seasons 1 and 2, but I think season 3 is the best ever, both character and story-wise). Hopefully season 4 will be even better. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
          Well according to JM's blogg stranger things have happened

Yes Phantoms was great - after we got over the fact that there was whump for everyone but Shep!!!!!!
          Yeah but we did get this little exchange:
          Spoiler:
          McKAY: You shot me!
          SHEPPARD: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
          DEX: You shot me, too.
          SHEPPARD: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!
          LOL

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Damn!!!! Can we have this episode be the first to air for S4???? It sounds way to exciting to have to wait!!

Lauriel - I completely agree with your speculation on the angst this could cause Sheppy! I can't wait to see how they play this!!!! Fun Fun Fun!! And did I mention...

S Q U E E !!!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

This does sound like its going to be good....

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                Just read the spoilers for this ep & at first glance, it looks like a rip-off (sorry mean homage)of 'The Simpsons' halloween type eps & 'Cold Lazarus'.

Doppelganger Spoilers

Probably would sound better if it was someone they were all facing together. Perhaps evil team members that have all their memories & experience of the real team, rather than an Alien entity (Cold Lazarus) invading their mind & giving them false dreams (Home & Progeny).

Wonder how long it'll be before Shep realises what's going on & battles his alter ego in his mind, while also trying to wake up into the real world & rescue the rest of the team!
                Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                No comments yet about the Doppelganger article? I think it sounds pretty awesome.

Where is everyone tonight?
                Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                So people are going to have dreams of Shepperd torturing them, that's going to lead to some interesting discussions whe they wake up.
                Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                Ditto! It sounds like there could be some Shep angst too - everyone getting edgy and uncomfortable around him and him having no idea why. Given his need for acceptance, that would be very uncomfortable for him. Definitely getting more and more excited for season 4.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there......
                Originally posted by gravelgerdie View Post
                This does sound like its going to be good....
                Indeed. Its gonna be sooo awesome! I hope all the eps are gonna be this awesome!

*hides from DH for saying the A word*

Comment

erg... this is going to be like 'cold lazuras' an sg-1 episode, i hope there is a lot of whump and angst in it for you guys, but its too bad they couldn't be more original with their story ideas instead of just rewriting sg-1 stories all the time

sure, some hommages are to be expected.. just seems like its happening a lot lately.*shrugs* thats all... so i hope it is as good as you guys hope. And that you aren't disappointed. I always liked atlantis better.. i hate to see it turn in to an SG-1 clone...but with sam coming over i guess its to late for that
                  Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                  ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                  Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

McKay will die with his whales in his dream as the captain in the Moby Dick movie? Intresting. What will Teyla and Ronan dream with Sheppard? Sheppard won't think she is attractive or he won't accept Teyla's feelings? Ronan will be defeated by Sheppard?

I would like to see that blue chrystal lifeform again and I hope Carter will tell about them to Sheppard's team. I had a theory earlier that the Goa'uld killed them. The blue, red, green chrytals, what we have seen earlier on the ships, are actually the "body parts" of this dead chrytals. I know it is a bit morbid, but it could be a good answer to the plothole, why used the Goa'uld such technology.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                      Just read the spoilers for this ep & at first glance, it looks like a rip-off (sorry mean homage)of 'The Simpsons' halloween type eps & 'Cold Lazarus'.

Doppelganger Spoilers

Probably would sound better if it was someone they were all facing together. Perhaps evil team members that have all their memories & experience of the real team, rather than an Alien entity (Cold Lazarus) invading their mind & giving them false dreams (Home & Progeny).

Wonder how long it'll be before Shep realises what's going on & battles his alter ego in his mind, while also trying to wake up into the real world & rescue the rest of the team!
                      Can I just say

Spoiler:
                      SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at the real possibily of EVIL SHEP

*doing my happy dance*

Comment

The new spoilers sound wonderful! I'm even more excited. Many of us had speculated a scenario like this, and I'm delighted we're going to see it! I really can't wait!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

How many alien induced dreamworld/hallucination/nightmare stories are we going to have on our hands when the series is finished?

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
                            How many alien induced dreamworld/hallucination/nightmare stories are we going to have on our hands when the series is finished?

So far I think we have had one in all three seasons- and that was Phantoms, but if they involve evil Shep whumping his team, or his team whumping Shep, I have no problem with it at all.

These spoilers sound fantastic - I can't wait to see Joe get to play another side to Shep, and it will be great seeing how his team react to evil Shep. Sounds very promising and I can't wait to see it. I'm still hoping that season 4 will air earlier than fall.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                              erg... this is going to be like 'cold lazuras' an sg-1 episode, i hope there is a lot of whump and angst in it for you guys, but its too bad they couldn't be more original with their story ideas instead of just rewriting sg-1 stories all the time

sure, some hommages are to be expected.. just seems like its happening a lot lately.*shrugs* thats all... so i hope it is as good as you guys hope. And that you aren't disappointed. I always liked atlantis better.. i hate to see it turn in to an SG-1 clone...but with sam coming over i guess its to late for that
                              Did you fully read the spoilers?

Cold Lazarus: crystal creature mimics Jack's son and gets loose we find out more about Jacks son

Doppleganger: crystal monster uses Shepperds image, as it tortures the expedition in it's sleep

In one episode the focus is on Jack's relationship with his dead son, in the other a monster attacks the base using Shepperd's face
                              sigpic

Comment

I think it can be a good episode, but the whole plot is a mix of Cold Lazarus, Legacy, Home, Epiphany and Phantoms.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X