Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doppelganger Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    I can assure you, I'm not attacking anyone. Saying something is 'crap' over and over before it has aired isn't discussion, it's judging something. I don't think that is intelligent discussion in any way, just as you obviously think it is. As I said, nowhere does it say on the thread speculation has to be intelligent, so, fair enough.
    Oh i'm sorry... you are so very smart .. you're right my opinion isn't intelligent
    how dumb of me

squeaaing is so very much more intelligent
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      Oh i'm sorry... you are so very smart .. you're right my opinion isn't intelligent
      how dumb of me

squeaaing is so very much more intelligent
      Not at all. Squeeing isn't intelligent either. However, I thought this was discussing the plot and spoilers of the episode and speculating about it.

Anyway, enough said. This is off topic. Time to move on.
      sigpic

Comment

I think we're getting a bit off track in here - how about we discuss and speculate Doppleganger instead...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Well, for the bucks they're making, I'd like to think they'd be capable of NOT recycling a script used just a year or two ago on SG1, or ripoff the latest movie (like they did with that one season six episode). I just don't want something that's so obvious you know the ending as soon as you read the 10 word blurb in the newspaper.

But then considering how much of TV is just ripoffs of other shows and the news, no, originality is rife on TV
          Hey hey hey, we call those that rip the news "social commentary".

I have a question. Do you think the writers are consciously "ripping off" past stories, or is it subconscious? In that, that's just the kind of stories they typically come up with?

cool more power to ya, if you want and enjoy the same recycled crap week after week cool.

I had just thought atlantis was better then that but i guess i am just wrong.

but i won't be supporting it either way.
          Doppelganger is a prime example of just how far it has fallen

season 3 really should have been the last
          its not what it once was. Its just sad to see such a cool show fall so far. But as always that just MHO...

so have fun... hope its everything you all want it to be

enjoy
          For something you don't support, you're sure posting a lot about it.

Comment

cool more power to ya, if you want and enjoy the same recycled crap week after week cool.

I had just thought atlantis was better then that but i guess i am just wrong.

but i won't be supporting it either way.
            Doppelganger is a prime example of just how far it has fallen

season 3 really should have been the last
            its not what it once was. Its just sad to see such a cool show fall so far. But as always that just MHO...

so have fun... hope its everything you all want it to be

enjoy
            Paris hon, breathe with me, in...out...in out. I know you don't like the changes that are taking place, and I accept that. i wish you could enjoy it, really I do, but why torment yourself by coming into a S4 thread to a show that you won't be watching? And I don't mean that disrespectfully. You're my friend and I'd like you to enjoy the show. Shep is one of your favourite characters, that hasn't changed has it? He's got a great whumpy ep, and although
            Spoiler:
            Carson won't be their to fix him up
            it doesn't mean that this is recycled crap, hon.

Are you calling me unintelligent cause that smells of a personal attack i was talking about doppelganger and how it seems recycled... this is the doppelganger discussion thread isn't it?

I am allowed to speculate... and allowed to think it will be crap… you are allowed to think it sounds interesting.

Its my opinion... this is a discussion thread i thought i should mention that last bit again just incase you missed it.

If negative opinions are only allowed in the anti thread then only pro opinions should be allowed on the pro thread

This is a discussion thread; all opinions have value... not just one side.

Maybe crap is a strong word but its how i feel...would you prefer i used...'really stinky?'
            Hon, no one is attacking you, we just want you to be happy, and I know that it's not possible at the moment, but I would like that for you. All anyone is saying is that you've chosen to not watch S4 and that's your choice hon, but why torture yourself going into threads that you know people are looking forward to and want to relish in the squee, when your squee has got up and left? Yes it's a discussion ep, both for and against you're absolutely right. So what is it that you don't like about this episode that you think is being recycled? Explain it to us, hon, and we might better understand.

Comment

One thing that does particularly interest me about this concept, is what effect the nightmares might have on the team? Will the entity 'take' something from its victim? Does it feed off negative feelings, or fear? Does it need those things to survive? Or is it just having a warped sense of fun?
              sigpic

Comment

One thing that does particularly interest me about this concept, is what effect the nightmares might have on the team? Will the entity 'take' something from its victim? Does it feed off negative feelings, or fear? Does it need those things to survive? Or is it just having a warped sense of fun?
                Ooooh i'm hoping for a warped sense of fun. I definately think it'll feed on aggressive emotions and instincts. Maybe for it to be killed Shep will have to fight it off with his mind. Ooooh, i'd like that, i'm hoping some kind of mind control will be in here, I love seeing people going nuts. And I mean that in the nicest possible way

Comment

This is off topic. Time to move on.
                  agreed it has gotten that way now
                  Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                  ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                  Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Well I think its a psychotic little entity and most likely it just enjoys causing pain. It can probably pick up exactly how Shep feels about his team, so it will say or act the opposite as to how Shep really feels about them. It will most likely do anything it can to hurt each of his team, knowing that it will be so much more painful coming from someone they love and care about so much.

How will each of them react to their nightmares - will they confront Shep straight away or just try and put it to the back of their minds as it wasn't real - will they be giving poor Shep dirty looks and how will Shep react when he finds out exactly what his team have been through because of him.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Hey hey hey, we call those that rip the news "social commentary".

I have a question. Do you think the writers are consciously "ripping off" past stories, or is it subconscious? In that, that's just the kind of stories they typically come up with?

For something you don't support, you're sure posting a lot about it.
                      I wonder if in this instance, RCC just actually liked a story from a previous episode and just wanted to continue it further? Maybe there's something he they liked but didn't address in the original episode, and wanted to explore further? I this case the entity having hostile intentions.

Certainly RCC seems fascinated by nightmares, and has incorporated this idea into a story which touches upon the crystal entities in CL, or something similar. I wonder if it'll look the same as in CL? Will it be blue crystals? Who knows why he thought of that? I guess in this case he wanted to carry on the Stargate mythology.

So, yes I personally do think some things are touched upon from SG1 episodes purposely, for continuities sake. Do I think TPTB do it to say how marvellous SG1 was? Well, SGA is the sister show, so I guess it is appropriate to use idea from its big sibling. I also suppose some could argue that makes SGA less original, and that the plots are being re-hashed. I suppose it could mean that TPTB are running out of ideas, but in DG's case it seems as if this is something that uses an idea from SG1, and then goes off in a different direction.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                        Ooooh i'm hoping for a warped sense of fun. I definately think it'll feed on aggressive emotions and instincts. Maybe for it to be killed Shep will have to fight it off with his mind. Ooooh, i'd like that, i'm hoping some kind of mind control will be in here, I love seeing people going nuts. And I mean that in the nicest possible way
                        I know you do! I suppose it's perfectly plausible that a non carbon based lifeform might want to hurt people for fun, just a humans do! I'd like Shep to fight it with his mind too!
                        Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Well I think its a psychotic little entity and most likely it just enjoys causing pain. It can probably pick up exactly how Shep feels about his team, so it will say or act the opposite as to how Shep really feels about them. It will most likely do anything it can to hurt each of his team, knowing that it will be so much more painful coming from someone they love and care about so much.

How will each of them react to their nightmares - will they confront Shep straight away or just try and put it to the back of their minds as it wasn't real - will they be giving poor Shep dirty looks and how will Shep react when he finds out exactly what his team have been through because of him.
                        Great thoughts, Blue. Especially that the entity could use Sheppard's feelings to hurt and lash out at his friends.
                        sigpic

Comment

I know you do! I suppose it's perfectly plausible that a non carbon based lifeform might want to hurt people for fun, just a humans do! I'd like Shep to fight it with his mind too!

Great thoughts, Blue. Especially that the entity could use Sheppard's feelings to hurt and lash out at his friends.
                          Exactly! I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's dreams, I do wonder if TPBT are going to show us Shep's nightmare first and then move on to the others. I'm hoping that the entity if it has a taster of his mind it will definately want to stay *cough*I know I would*cough* So i'm hoping that it will take the opportunity to poke around and have a bit of fun while it's in their, and Shep knows his team very well, he knows their strengths and weaknesses, and I hope that the entity will feed on that, and use that to take out everyone? I wonder if Shep is actually aware that he's got an evil thing inside him, or not. Hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                            Spoiler:

Wow, glad I missed some of the conversation in here..

Blue - I love this idea of yours! It would be a very interesting and fun way to approach this ep.

PG - I would like to think that the writers are not intentionally ripping story ideas form Sg1. But the reality of it for me is that Sg1 had 10 years...that's A LOT of different storylines to create. I think it will be enevitable that SgA will somehow have episodes that may seem a bit familiar. If SgA could expand on them or take them in a different direction to make a more interesting story, why not try. As long as its not an exact duplicate and its not being shoved down my throat every week, I can handle it. does that make any sense?
                            sigpic

Comment

Certainly RCC seems fascinated by nightmares, and has incorporated this idea into a story which touches upon the crystal entities in CL, or something similar. I wonder if it'll look the same as in CL? Will it be blue crystals? Who knows why he thought of that? I guess in this case he wanted to carry on the Stargate mythology.
                              Personally when I think about the crystals for the ep I see them as a darker crystal. Like a black or something like that. Perhaps a deep dark red. I guess they'd have to be beautiful/mysterious/intriguing enough to lure the team to them and Shep to touch them. But I kinda hope that they're coloured darker to kinda of illustrate and/or hint at their darker nature.

The dreams I can't wait to see how they play out. I was thinking that Shep might show up in Ronon's as an ally of the Wraith or a Wraith himself. Then I was thinking about Sateda when John says to Teyla
                              Spoiler:
                              "I'd do anything ... for any one of you. If I had to give up my life the way Ronon was going to, I would." I wonder if they might play up on this fact with the dreams. Perhaps Teyla dreams of a John unwilling to step up and save her, one who is willing to leave her behind.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                                Personally when I think about the crystals for the ep I see them as a darker crystal. Like a black or something like that. Perhaps a deep dark red. I guess they'd have to be beautiful/mysterious/intriguing enough to lure the team to them and Shep to touch them. But I kinda hope that they're coloured darker to kinda of illustrate and/or hint at their darker nature.

The dreams I can't wait to see how they play out. I was thinking that Shep might show up in Ronon's as an ally of the Wraith or a Wraith himself. Then I was thinking about Sateda when John says to Teyla
                                Spoiler:
                                "I'd do anything ... for any one of you. If I had to give up my life the way Ronon was going to, I would." I wonder if they might play up on this fact with the dreams. Perhaps Teyla dreams of a John unwilling to step up and save her, one who is willing to leave her behind.
                                That's a great idea, you're spoilered one, I mean! I also like the idea of the crystal(s) being darker or red. I mean we don't know if they're the exact same life form, they could be a distant cousin.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X