Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He seemed like an alright character to me. I think they (TPTB) just didn't know what to do, so they tossed him out and used a plot device that worked (strong, brutish, athletic alien male who has tons of rage at the galaxy due to oppression). Examples would be Teal'c (realized for a while the Goa'uld were not gods), Bratac (for the same reason), and a female example would be Teyla (a woman who's people, along with the rest of the Pegasus galaxy, have been preyed upon by the Wraith for over 10,000 years).
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
      No hes dead. He can't fly a dart so he couldn't escape. If he could fly a dart he wouldn't have needed to Sheppard's help to fly it.
      There's a difference between piloting a Dart and knowing enough to make it go in a straight line. He could easily have snagged a dart and headed for the planet's surface. He wouldn't have even needed to even land because he could have used the ship's escape transporter.
      The Daedalus would have said, "there is a dart escaping to the planet's Stargate".
      Would they? It's been clearly demonstrated that large explosions disrupt Terran sensors, and two exploding Hive Ships is pretty big.
      Sorry hopeful people, he is dead. Space dust. Gone. Nada.
      And you alone will make that determination for everyone?
      If he magically comes back to life, like Carson will, I swear to god I will stop watching SGA.
      I can think of a few people who wouldn't mind that.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

No hes dead. He can't fly a dart so he couldn't escape. If he could fly a dart he wouldn't have needed to Sheppard's help to fly it. The Daedalus would have said, "there is a dart escaping to the planet's Stargate".

Sorry hopeful people, he is dead. Space dust. Gone. Nada.

If he magically comes back to life, like Carson will, I swear to god I will stop watching SGA.
        ford's alive he a resourceful kid ....but we haven't seen him in a while i hope he's ok.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

it would be so easy to write him in, it really doesnt make sense why they wouldnt do a final ford episode even if it was to kill him or send him home i wouldnt care just close the loopholes... im so sick of them leaving loose ends like that and NEVER going back to them...
          The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

He's gone, and hopefully it stays that way.
            Last edited by ColCaldwell; 03 June 2007, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
              It's been clearly demonstrated that large explosions disrupt Terran sensors, and two exploding Hive Ships is pretty big.
              When Weir asked if they looked for Sheppard, the Tech said the Daedalus stated "there was nothing to look for." So if they were looking, they would have picked up on a Dart being flown out.

Comment

again that wouldnt be hard, you forget it's sci fi, you could say anything.... it was damaged and only appeared as wreckage or it had a cloak and is a new type of fighter the wraith were experimenting with...

WHO KNOWS?

It wouldnt take much to write him in... thats all it takes... whether they do or not is the issue

Comment

Well if I were a writer, I'm sure I'd find it a lot easier to write Ford back into Atlantis than Carson. The 'he must be dead (insert explanation)' argument just doesn't hold water, I bet if you gave the writers and hour they could probably come up with 10 different ways he could have escaped.

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                    When Weir asked if they looked for Sheppard, the Tech said the Daedalus stated "there was nothing to look for." So if they were looking, they would have picked up on a Dart being flown out.
                    Well Sheppard's alive and they sure missed him, didn't they? Besides, there were dozens of Darts zooming around, so why would Ford's stand out and be worthy of mention? Answer: It wouldn't.
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

JM did say that didnt have anything planned for ford in season 4

BUT you never know... the producers might surpise us before the end of season 4 after they are planning to kill one of the main villians in atlantis... ford probably might be seen in season 5

Comment

Well i do not think he will be seen for a long time maybe an alternate reality episode but i don not think so even though i would like to see him again
                        sigpic
                        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                        Metal gear fan

Comment

would love to see the return of Ford, even if it's the latter part of Season 4, but as we saw in SG1 characters can disappear for 5 years before they return (Robot doubles from Tin Man)

Comment

There's a difference between piloting a Dart and knowing enough to make it go in a straight line. He could easily have snagged a dart and headed for the planet's surface. He wouldn't have even needed to even land because he could have used the ship's escape transporter.
                            He probably wouldn't be able to get it out of the hanger bays. The explosion radius would have destroyed the ship. Its wishful thinking.

Would they? It's been clearly demonstrated that large explosions disrupt Terran sensors, and two exploding Hive Ships is pretty big.And you alone will make that determination for everyone?
                            They are Asgard, and thats very unlikely because the Daedalus would have stayed there for a while and would inevitably seen it. Again, wishful thinking.

I can think of a few people who wouldn't mind that.
                            Well, keep dreamin'.
                            Last edited by monkey_man132; 04 June 2007, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I just love how people are so eager to shoot down this character coming back from the dead and not the other one.
                              I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Amakusa View Post
                                I just love how people are so eager to shoot down this character coming back from the dead and not the other one.
                                cause he was first and was never given a chance (the actor) to prove himself
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X