Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Rainbow Sun Franks return as "Aiden Ford" this season? I really liked him in the first two seasons. I was dissapointed when he didn't return for Season 3.

Comment

This is all I've heard from JM:

Rhyss writes: “1) Any chance of seeing Lt. Ford in season 4/ever? or has his time passed? 2) Besides SG-1 what was your favourite sci-fi show that was cancelled too soon? 3) Have you ever visited Australia?”

Answers: 1) It’s unlikely we’ll be seeing Ford in season 4. 2) Firefly. 3) Nope.

Comment

Who is JM?

Comment

Joe Mallozzi, Co-Executive Producer of Atlantis as of Season 4.

Comment

Let's get SGA to a season 5 and there could be a chance for a ford return! More seasons always mean more opportunities. Take RDA for Season 10 of SG-1. Came back for 2 great eps!
            sigpic

Comment

Even if we don't see Ford, it still would be nice to have some occasional mention of him from time to time. Just to remind folks he was really there, part of the SGA team.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Even if we don't see Ford, it still would be nice to have some occasional mention of him from time to time. Just to remind folks he was really there, part of the SGA team.
                I hate to say, I really don't miss Ford, he was not a bad character. I did like him more in Season 2 for some reason.
                sigpic

Comment

I personally thought Ford was really cool, him being the just the normal guy, very identifiable to the viewers. But I can also see how that's a problem to write for, it’s always easier to write for a character when they have a specific role to fill in the team. That's what made Ford interesting and I wished the writers could've taken his character in a more inventive direction. That said, I did enjoy the enzyme arc, I thought it worked quite well because you can sympathize for Ford. Ronon is cool and fills the trigger happy tough guy role well enough (funnily enough Ford & Teyla could've done everything Ronon offers, what with Teyla being the alien outsider and Ford as the unpredictable fighter. But I suppose it would be unrealistic to have Ford on the enzyme and still allowed on the team like that) but I would've much preferred if they kept Ford and kept Ronon as a reoccurring ally character. And unlikely as it would be, even better if they decided to keep both which is sorta what my signature suggests, interesting possibilities there. But alas it was deemed not to be. It’s just a shame that they didn't see his potential and now he’s completely forgotten about, I can think of dozens of cool things they can still do with him as a reoccurring character. And as I've said many times before, I'd even be satisfied if they just resolved his story instead of just lying it in the open.

Okay I got my obligatory sad-about-Ford post in, sorry to bother anyone that doesn't like him

Comment

So will we ever find out what happened to him? Did the Wraith ever eat him? Did he get a new enzyme gang? Or did he die on the hive ship?

I doubt that they will ever get him back, he'll probably stay on the run in Pegasus forever.

I kind of like rebel Ford, he is cooler than the regular one. Except when he's threatening to kill everyone.

Vala,

Comment

See that's what so frustrating about being a Ford fan, we don't know! Hehe. I thought it was kind of unlikely how he could've gotten away with his life but you can't just end an episode with a suggestion like that and then never bring him back

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        I hate to say, I really don't miss Ford, he was not a bad character. I did like him more in Season 2 for some reason.
                        I agree with you and I liked him more in season 2 possibly because he wasnt there as much and when he was he wasnt as annoying.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Unless the writers want to bring him back, Ford is gone. out of sight out of mind, and I suspect any character that's removed will suffer the same fate. weir and beckett next year...

Anyway, I actually liked Ford more when he went 'dark side.' Slightly psycho Ford works...

Comment

I think that they should have Ford back, it would add diversity and more storylines. They could find out that not only is he alive, but he has children with with what's her name. The one that was returned back to the Genii in the first season finale. They return because she is having a difficult pregnancy. Also, because they could treat him like they treated Jaffa, where they have a Wraith like drug that he takes everyday. But that it better, it gives him his strenght, but he has a clear mind. They would use him more because unlike Ronan and Telya he has made good friends with those that fight the wraith. Also he would be the leader of a new people that are like him. They also have to do storylines on the fact that their children are a new race of human. They will live longer and are stronger.

Comment

You want Ford to have a kid with Sora?

I'm literally speechless right now.

Comment

Yeah I believe I've heard that suggestion a few times before. Seems like if he had settled down he would've found time to visit Atlantis long ago, he did seem to be on good terms.

Comment

Working...
                                X