Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What plots from sg1 do you want tobe carried on in Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
    they haven't done any sg1 storylines yet on Atlantis but what storyline i would love to see carried over is a storyline like the episode beneath the surface as that is one of my fave episodes from sg1 i would love them to do the same idea but differ the story
    Er, the replicator storyline was definitely done in SGA...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      and the Goauld too

Comment

Not really. The replicators and Asurans are completly different IMO.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Then explain to me why Joe Mallozzi calls them 'replicators'.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What plots do I want carried over? None. Ever. And I don't want characters carried over, either. FFS, how about letting Atlantis be its own show instead of being reduced to a pair of diapers for SG-1's messes?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              Uh, no. this was hashed out in a thread elsewhere on this board.
              If it's called a replicator, talks like one, walks like, falls apart with anti-replicator guns, it's a replicator.

It's the same with humans. We can call ourselves American or British or Japanese, but we're all humans. You can't skirt around the basic issue.

Comment

If it's called a replicator, talks like one, walks like, falls apart with anti-replicator guns, it's a replicator.
                I like the Discworld example best: "You've taught it to bard and you've painted 'DoG' on the side of it, but it's still a parrot."

Doesn't matter what the Asurans call themselves, they're still Replicators, the characters still refer to them as such and they're still a carry-over from SG-1. Even if you persist in believing that the Asurans are wholly and completely different you can't deny that at the very least the writers borrowed heavily from SG-1 in their creation instead of flexing their little grey brain cells in order to come up with something that was- *gasp!*- new and different and by-gods unique to Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  What plots do I want carried over? None. Ever. And I don't want characters carried over, either. FFS, how about letting Atlantis be its own show instead of being reduced to a pair of diapers for SG-1's messes?
                  Isn't that rather rash to say? Oh, sorry, could not resist the horribly bad pun...

Comment

Isn't that rather rash to say? Oh, sorry, could not resist the horribly bad pun...
                    Well, if you'd rather be Pampered you're talking to the wrong person.

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by prion

Well, if you'd rather be Pampered you're talking to the wrong person.
                      I suppose that Depends on your point of view

Comment

I suppose that Depends on your point of view
                        Isn't it past your nappy time?

Comment

It's the same with humans. We can call ourselves American or British or Japanese, but we're all humans. You can't skirt around the basic issue.
                          Well I won't argue but I still disagree. Back on topic if it makes sense then I wouldnt mind a story or two as long as it's along the lines of the Ancients or mabey the Goa'uld.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think he means in terms of motives, and how they act. PG replicators aren't only interested in replicating like the MW ones for example...

Comment

Isn't it past your nappy time?
                              Ah, crap, can't think of a response to that, cough cough.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                I think he means in terms of motives, and how they act. PG replicators aren't only interested in replicating like the MW ones for example...
                                they aren't interested in anything really, except maybe destroying us

Comment

Working...
                                X