Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What plots from sg1 do you want tobe carried on in Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    None.

They've got two movies in which to wrap stuff up.

I want to see Atlantis stories on Stargate Atlantis...
    I agree!
    "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
    'Eleanor Roosevelt'
    Individuality is freedom lived.
    'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
      Who cares about SG1 plots coming to Atlantis?! Atlantis has it's own plots from S1-3 it needs to bring over.

Is it just me, or don't you wonder what happened to that entity in Hide and Seek, and what the hell was it?! Why was it captured by the Ancients if it wasnt' one of their creation.
      I was under the impression they ancients trapped it to research asencion.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
        Sora was sent back to the Gennii at the end of i'The Siege II' in return for the nukes they were given. It was cut from the final episode because it ran long & had to be trimmed down!
        SAdly, however, if it didn't make it on-screen as part of an episode, it's not considered "canon". The casual viewer who doesn't read discussion threads with the writers online would have no idea what happened to Sora.

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
        Although you have to laugh at the circumstances that the actress who played Sora (Erin Chambers) has landed herself in. She's marrried to a guy names......Carson McKay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably is the Beckett & McKay love child from 'Duet!'
        Leading to much hilarity at P2 when she misunderstood a question about who she enjoyed beating up more, Teyla or Carson.. Her hubby was lovely tho - a very sweet guy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
          Let the writers tie up that info in the movies, not in SGA. IMHO, any time wasted on any "shippy" type episodes or even small scenes will be stupid even if it involves SGA people! This is not a soap opera, it is Sci-Fi!

Agreed, the only other thing I want is the Asgard tech.
          Ok that too.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            None really except the Ancients. Let SG-1 tie up their stories in the movies. The only thing I wouldnt mind is crossovers.
            Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
            Let the writers tie up that info in the movies, not in SGA. IMHO, any time wasted on any "shippy" type episodes or even small scenes will be stupid even if it involves SGA people! This is not a soap opera, it is Sci-Fi!

Agreed, the only other thing I want is the Asgard tech.
            Completely agree with both of you. No SG1 storylines in Atlantis!
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              None.

They've got two movies in which to wrap stuff up.

I want to see Atlantis stories on Stargate Atlantis...
              exaclty, there already done some sg1 stuff. i want original ideas.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by mahram View Post
                ok there have been alot of plot threads left undone in sg1,which ones do you want carried on in atlantis. I just want them to finish the ancient alliance storyline. What happened to it, how did it started, and where did the furlings go.
                sam/jack.

either do it in the movies or finalize it on atlantis.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Very few, if any. Let SGA do it's own thing.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm not opposed to the idea of SG1 plotlines making their way over because I have anything against SG1, but I oppose them for the same reason that I oppose the continuation of too many plotlines from previous seasons: it ties the hands of the writers. I'm concerned that the attempt to bring back old characters to satisfy any number of fan bases can hobble a show's progression by eating up a bunch of episodes every season. If we expect to see a Kolya episode each season, that's one episode gone. If we expect to see McKay's sister every season, that's another episode gone. If we expect to see Ford or Beckett every season, there's at least two, possibly more episodes gone. We get to a point by say, season ten, where a show starts collapsing on itself under the sheer weight of its prior commitments because nothing new happens.

The problem is not that these references to old episodes happen in general. It is that sometimes subpar episodes are included so that old faces can be brought back to placate particular fan bases, which is good in the short run, but harmful to the long run progression of the show.

Unfortunately, this cuts both ways. On the other hand, writers need to be conscious of the players they have introduced into their world and mindful of when particular plots would rationally make use of these players. For example,
                    Spoiler:
                    given that the device from Tao of Rodney works on Rodney, though not necessarily others (it could turn you into a pile of goo), if the city were compromised would Rodney try to go Super-Rodney to save everyone?
                    As I recall, this was noted more often in SG1, where allies that would have been instrumental have been strangely absent.

Thus, the show walks a fine line. If they devote plot to old familiar faces or stories, they run the risk of creating subpar shows just to appease certain groups. However, if the absence of these players and factors are a glaring omission from new plots, the show will also suffer. I think the best solution is for writers to devise plots independent of the desire to rehash certain stories and then sit down and analyze if any previous canon from the show would help the story. In fact, they should be concerned even if the previous canon hurts the story, because fans will take note. In the end, I believe that reviving old stories should be an aspect, but not a focus of the Stargate franchise. I think the powers that be can find a suitable balance with a little work. They leaned too far towards rehashing old plots with mediocre stories for the sake of returning favourites in SG1, in my opinion, but I am hopeful for Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      sam/jack.

sally
                      Thats a must. BTW can you tell me where you got that avatar? I must have one!
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

It's a screencap from the Simpson's episode where RDA makes a guest appearance.

Edited so it says "I love Sam", of course.

Comment

sam/jack.

sally
                          No, please. I'm sorry you guys but, please. I'm begging. On my knees begging here. Please! If it's in the movies, fine, but...no, please, not in Atlantis. Gahhhh!

*contemplatively* That might actually be the final straw for me. *ponders*

*brightening* On the realistic side of life, there's been no indications that RDA will be making an appearance, has there been?
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

sam/jack.

sally

Movies: fine
                            Atlantis: Don't invade this show with something that should have been done in 10 seasons or the movies. It is bad enough Carter is coming over, I don't want to see any "shippy" stories. Soap operas run on CBS, NBC, and ABC not on the Sci-Fi Channel!!! That is my opinion anyway. If you disagree, great, everyone should have their point of view.
                            Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Not the plots exactly, but I wouldn't mind seeing Adria, Hammond, or atleast a mention of the Asgard.
                              Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

No storylines shoud be continued. Atlantis is now its own show, they should be related to Atlantis. Not to tie up an epsodes that SG-1 didnt tie up.. Thats there fault.

sorry im britches shrinking tonight. i'm very critical and picky.. ignore me lol
                                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Working...
                                X